ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
AKAddict---$130-$22913-160-BLT-Mar-0/22, 310/23, 160/24- sent 1/25

buyer pays 23 dues
Great price! I’ve been trying for another BLT in my UY. Unfortunately no takers and since I already have a BLT contract I really don’t want it in a different membership #.

114 per point, it’s a smaller contract (125) though than that one. If I were going for 200 I prob would’ve aimed for 110
I am paying 115pp on 127pt contract, so almost same exact deal as you. I will have double points to use this year. I think the price of 110pp on 200 points is fair. I am surprised that they got all those extra points plus seller paying 23 dues.

I am paying 115pp on 127pt contract, so almost same exact deal as you. I will have double points to use this year. I think the price of 110pp on 200 points is fair. I am surprised that they got all those extra points plus seller paying 23 dues.
What UY do you have? I bid 21pp under asking and I felt like 114 was fair considering just a few months ago AKV was going for 130-140 pp. Unfortunately too broke to afford a 200 otherwise I prob would’ve gotten one of those LOL.

I was kind of feeling the same, but with a 75 point contract the impact really isn't that big. Plus I was happy with it when they accepted my offer. So it is what it is and no regrets
Same, I was actually surprised it went through and I think we were happy as long as it was under 120 so I prob shouldn’t be complaining. I imagine a lot of the posts in here are some of the best deals that are made on resale just because this population is a lot more educated on current prices and DVC in general.

So I think I found my contract. But I’m not 100% because it looks like these sellers own multiple contracts, including 2 at BLT. But the unit number on one matches what was on my paperwork. So how do I use this site? Will that deed disappear under their name when it closes? And then I can search my name and it’ll be there? Or does it take time for my name to show? Thanks!
mine just showed up, but the owners named showed up too. Maybe once disney finalizes everything it will come off.

Great price! I’ve been trying for another BLT in my UY. Unfortunately no takers and since I already have a BLT contract I really don’t want it in a different membership #.
Same here. I am just putting in bids a little over what the going rate for “instant sale”. There are a ton of resales and sooner or later sellers will realize prices are not where they were a few months ago.

What UY do you have? I bid 21pp under asking and I felt like 114 was fair considering just a few months ago AKV was going for 130-140 pp. Unfortunately too broke to afford a 200 otherwise I prob would’ve gotten one of those LOL.
The UY is June. I bid 20 under asking and was a bit surprised that it was accepted without a counter. My ideal price per point would have been 110, but I am okay with this. I am already looking for my second contract. Ha!

I wonder how much longer the Instant Sale tool is going to stay up… I’m sure the board sponsor never envisioned it being used to give buyers a price to bargain from…

I wonder how much longer the Instant Sale tool is going to stay up… I’m sure the board sponsor never envisioned it being used to give buyers a price to bargain from…
It is a great tool to use. You have to believe they put the instant sale price just above what they think DVC will exercise ROFR at.

It is a great tool to use. You have to believe they put the instant sale price just above what they think DVC will exercise ROFR at.
When I inquired about an instant sale in March, it was $118 for my SSR contract and DVD was taking them in the high $120's...

I wanted a quick sale and contemplated accepting that but then we decided to put it up for $125 (still below ROFR) and give it a week or two...it sold quickly for $120 which I accepted immediately (and of course, DVD did take) So, in my experience, that instant sale was not above ROFR.

The UY is June. I bid 20 under asking and was a bit surprised that it was accepted without a counter. My ideal price per point would have been 110, but I am okay with this. I am already looking for my second contract. Ha!
It's only been 2 weeks since I put my offer in and 10 days in ROFR and I'm already itchy. I want more points but need to know if I will be stuck with October UY. There are only 3% of the contracts that apply to October UY that are under 200 pts. And filtering between home resorts I am after its only 31/2700 contracts on the market.

I was having a contract drawn up for SSR 100pts 0/23, 100/24 for $90 a point (asking $113) but just heard back from DVC Resale Market that it is actually 0/24 so no points until 2025. So went from a great deal back to renegotiating.
I would think the seller would understand if you now offered $80 pp since you're losing $10 pp net for the points that could have been rented.

I would love to know the secret of getting these great deals! I have made multiple offers over the last two weeks - all rejected or sold to other buyers. Yes, I have offered low, but watching this thread and not offering lower than what is being currently accepted (somewhere in the middle). I'm also offering over the Instant Sale amount. How many offers are some of you making before you get one that accepts?

I would love to know the secret of getting these great deals! I have made multiple offers over the last two weeks - all rejected or sold to other buyers. Yes, I have offered low, but watching this thread and not offering lower than what is being currently accepted (somewhere in the middle). I'm also offering over the Instant Sale amount. How many offers are some of you making before you get one that accepts?
It's a numbers game, truly. More offers, over time, eventually you'll find a seller willing to play ball. I have a few Aulani contracts ranging between $83-$95/pt. I probably make 10 offers for every 1 accepted.

Just take your time with it. Something I wish I had done with my Aulani resale although tbf I didn’t want to get too aggressive with a sub dues contract. But really it only takes 1 person to say yes on your low offer to save thousands. As long as you’re a little flexible/patient it shouldn’t be too difficult. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter