ROFR Thread Jan to March 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did the same darn thing. Still waiting for HH, AKV, and just bought 125 GFV2. Getting married in two months. Figured I'd better buy before I get caught. If the AKV and HH make it through, I'll have 8 contracts. I broke the GVF2 into two contracts- a 50 and 75. By removing title insurance, the cost for breaking in two is almost nothing. 655 pts into retirement and 3 weddings in the next 2-3 years. All get a Disney week except me. I'm taking 14 days with my new hubby. I am entering the marriage with a very good dowry.
Good luck on your contracts that you're waiting on. Question regarding your GFV2 purchase, do you receive 2021 points as well as 2022 points?

Despite the fact we passed ROFR on three more contracts this week we still don't have enough DVC points. We are around 600. :ssst:

We have a verbal agreement for a non-DVC resale contract that will enable us to stay another 2-3 weeks in a 1 or 2 BR villa in the WDW area...and we may (gulp) buy another...I feel we've crossed to the dark side! :darth:

Despite the fact we passed ROFR on three more contracts this week we still don't have enough DVC points. We are around 600. :ssst:

We have a verbal agreement for a non-DVC resale contract that will enable us to stay another 2-3 weeks in a 1 or 2 BR villa in the WDW area...and we may (gulp) buy another...I feel we've crossed to the dark side! :darth:
My new husband will freak out when he finds out that 500 of my salary every month goes to DVC dues. I wanted to ensure that I get to go at least 2 times a year and still have extra to give to my kids on their weddings and anniversaries If I find out in the future that this becomes a strain, I'll sell off a contract or two. Every contract I have is either 125, 100, 75, 70, 50, or 40. I didn't realize until after I bought two OKW 70 (2042) and then bought an AKV(100) that my next purchase was killing me in all of those closing costs. What's done is done. Justification: my AKV 100 was at $100 a point, and my OKW was $105 and $107. HH is $70 (has not passed yet)

This is like a disease, an addiction. I think I'm going to have to not look at these boards anymore. Damn subliminal greed going through my blood.

My new husband will freak out when he finds out that 500 of my salary every month goes to DVC dues. I wanted to ensure that I get to go at least 2 times a year and still have extra to give to my kids on their weddings and anniversaries If I find out in the future that this becomes a strain, I'll sell off a contract or two. Every contract I have is either 125, 100, 75, 70, 50, or 40. I didn't realize until after I bought two OKW 70 (2042) and then bought an AKV(100) that my next purchase was killing me in all of those closing costs. What's done is done. Justification: my AKV 100 was at $100 a point, and my OKW was $105 and $107. HH is $70 (has not passed yet)

This is like a disease, an addiction. I think I'm going to have to not look at these boards anymore. Damn subliminal greed going through my blood.
I look at it as life is short and darn it, I'm going to get as much magic as possible out of it and no regrets!! Thankfully, DH is onboard as he likes magic too!! :rolleyes1

That’s how I felt when I realized I crossed 1000! I’m selling of one now to have fewer Use Years but will still have over 800!

I look at it as life is short and darn it, I'm going to get as much magic as possible out of it and no regrets!! Thankfully, DH is onboard as he likes magic too!! :rolleyes1
Love this attitude. Oh, I converted the future hubby to Disney quite some time ago, He thinks I'm a magician that we were able to stay at deluxe resorts this past year: AKV, BC, GFV, BLT, OKW, RIV... I explained that I got a great deal on AKV (which I did) and OKW direct for anywhere we want to stay. He realizes I have DVC, but I have never told how many points nor how much the dues are. I actually have a checking account where I auto deposit 500 every month into it just for DVC dues, and a small loan on the reset of my BLT. I never see that money as income, just payment on what makes my sanity survive since I am a 6th grade teacher with 33 years and not yet retiring. I NEED DVC. I don't even care if I go to the parks. NO- I NEED DVC. I need the pool, the scenery, the leisure, the forced down time.

Love this attitude. Oh, I converted the future hubby to Disney quite some time ago, He thinks I'm a magician that we were able to stay at deluxe resorts this past year: AKV, BC, GFV, BLT, OKW, RIV... I explained that I got a great deal on AKV (which I did) and OKW direct for anywhere we want to stay. He realizes I have DVC, but I have never told how many points nor how much the dues are. I actually have a checking account where I auto deposit 500 every month into it just for DVC dues, and a small loan on the reset of my BLT. I never see that money as income, just payment on what makes my sanity survive since I am a 6th grade teacher with 33 years and not yet retiring. I NEED DVC. I don't even care if I go to the parks. NO- I NEED DVC. I need the pool, the scenery, the leisure, the forced down time.
I get it! See you at the pool!! :beach:

What if you buy direct but not VGF2, do you get 2021 points still? When we bought direct we got previous points on our SSR purchase but that was years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter