ROFR Thread April to June 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did lol! They said we are too far apart and did not counter again.
The AUL sub I bought 3-4 months ago was originally listed for $145pp. I offered $120pp and the seller rejected it with no counter offer. Then a week later, the broker reached out to me with $125pp. I could have tried to go lower but decided to accept it. $105 is probably too low for any seller

I just looked at the aggregated listings for SSR. Of the 400 listings, over 100 are listed less than $130. 200 are listed below $135. Is Disney really going to take all those points? It’s crazy to me that people can’t seem to find a buyer at all.

I just looked at the aggregated listings for SSR. Of the 400 listings, over 100 are listed less than $130. 200 are listed below $135. Is Disney really going to take all those points? It’s crazy to me that people can’t seem to find a buyer at all.

Resale takes time and not everyone wants to do that only toget it taken. Timeline seems to be back to 30 plus days for a decision too.

I think we may have gotten to the point that buyers just don’t want to pay what is needed to have a good shot of passing RofR but also don’t want to stick it out in hopes that a lower priced on squeaks through.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with my SSR that I was supposed to sell once my Aulani closes. There don't seem to be any buyers at a price that will pass ROFR. I think I'm going to end up holding a lot more points than I want and renting them out.

kash92---$173-$25950-150-VGF-Dec-158/21, 150/22, 150/23- seller pays CC, sent 4/19, Passed 5/18

Woot! I know this wasn't a "steal", especially compared to some of the other contracts I've seen on the boards, but honestly, we've lost out on a couple of deals previously and just wanted to finally get points in the bucket (so to speak). We didn't pull the trigger in March because we didn't know that they were doing such great deals on direct (although current DVC members had a much better offer).

Anyhow. The question of the hour, for us anyway, is: What the heck comes next!?! I've read that it takes some time for everything to go through, but if anyone would be willing to send some advice a newbie's way I would certainly appreciate it!!! (What to do after closing, getting points, reserving, etc...or if there's some great resources out there for newly minted DVC folk).
I just posted my schedule here - https://www.disboards.com/threads/closing-time-2021-and-2022-edition.3836891/ Took total of 59 days...

Resale takes time and not everyone wants to do that only toget it taken. Timeline seems to be back to 30 plus days for a decision too.

I think we may have gotten to the point that buyers just don’t want to pay what is needed to have a good shot of passing RofR but also don’t want to stick it out in hopes that a lower priced on squeaks through.
Disney has effectively killed resale, and they didn't even need resale restrictions to do it. They just needed an aggressive ROFR policy.

Disney has effectively killed resale, and they didn't even need resale restrictions to do it. They just needed an aggressive ROFR policy.
I think it's more than just an aggressive ROFR policy. The economy is not the best. Inflation. Stock market is down, people are losing value of their investments. The average family is having a tougher time with daily expenses. Might be hard to justify a luxury such as DVC.

I think it's more than just an aggressive ROFR policy. The economy is not the best. Inflation. Stock market is down, people are losing value of their investments. The average family is having a tougher time with daily expenses. Might be hard to justify a luxury such as DVC.
All of that just means prices should be coming down. But Disney isn't allowing them to. There are plenty of wannabe resale buyers, but not at SSR $140.

No matter what happens to the supply curve or what happens to the demand curve, they always intersect at some price and quantity. But ROFR is blocking the market from reaching equilibrium.

DVD has definitely found a winning formula lately by quick-flipping refurbs, ROFRing sold out properties and flipping those with direct incentives. I don’t think they’ll ever kill the resale market but they are definitely making it harder for resale sellers to make a profit. Perhaps the days of earning equity through our DVC properties are coming to an end.

Odds this passes ROFR Copper Creek April use year 150 points. Full points for 2022 and forward. $160 per point with seller paying both closing costs and 2022 maintenance fees.

Odds this passes ROFR Copper Creek April use year 150 points. Full points for 2022 and forward. $160 per point with seller paying both closing costs and 2022 maintenance fees.
I had a Copper Creek June use year with 150 points, but only partial points for 2022 pass in April at $164 per point. Maybe around 50% chance?

We lost two CCV contracts in March to ROFR. One was $160 pp and the other was $161. On both seller was playing MF, but we were paying closing costs. But then we had one pass last month at $160 but with us paying MF. I'd say your odds would be better if you were paying the MF and closing costs, but you never know. $160 / $161 seemed to be the threshold for us with whoever was paying the MF's being the difference. But who the heck knows. You never know until you try! Good luck! Hope you get it.

Someone was sleeping on the job!

Edit...we'll duh I read it wrong. Just had dinner at Steakhouse71 and watched the fireworks from BLT 14th floor villa....it's sleepy time!

Well, a known tidbit confirmed with maintenance: Total rehab at BLT coming real soon... New kitchen, baths, everything...

Last edited:
I just lost to ROFR CCV June 220 points (2 contracts) for $160 with banked 2021 points, combined closing costs, and buyer paying 2022 dues.
With seller paying CC and dues, I’m not confident you will pass but I hope I’m wrong!

I’m over here with a CC that has a bunch of backed points, but our offer was considerably higher $169. Hoping to find out soon.
We had two pass last month at $165. One had us and the seller splitting MF's (partially stripped contract) and we paid MF in full on the other (mostly banked 2020 and fully banked 2021 points on a Sept UY). I think you will be OK. Good luck!!

I needed to get rid of an AKV contract and in order to get an offer I need to pay closing costs, MF and take $120/point. Granted it was a stripped contract, but still—ooooff!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter