ROFR ppp calculation

Alicia22

Mouseketeer
I know ROFR is a big unknown and at times seems quite random. My question is in reviewing a contract’s price per point, does Disney net out the closing costs and dues if paid by the seller or just look straight at the price per point? Or is this a big unknown? I am new to this but have presented an offer where the seller pays some fees and the agent netted those out for purposes of analyzing the price Disney considers for ROFR. Thanks!!

I don’t think they are dumb - I just wonder why most reports I see are based on what looks like gross per point prices and not the net price if that is what Disney actually uses. Thanks.

My last several contracts were purchased with the seller paying closing and/or current points and were pretty aggressive - one being OKW and one SSR. I put my offer in based on what I want to pay and don't pay attention to brokers that tell me what I should do! IMO the best place to see ROFR is right here on disboards, though more information is better than less and reading all you can is in your best interest.

We just closed (seller) on a stripped contract without significant points until 2023 and a four month delayed closing which DVC ROFR'd from us. You just never know with them... Good luck!

It is all a mystery, so IMO just go for it!

Too bad there aren’t any former rofr employees in the forum to provide insight. Maybe I should aspire to get a job at rofr in retirement just to see what is behind the curtain.
Yes, but then you'd probably be prohibited from coming here to tell us! :rolleyes:

Too bad there aren’t any former rofr employees in the forum to provide insight. Maybe I should aspire to get a job at rofr in retirement just to see what is behind the curtain.

I have shared this before, but people who work for Disney and then move on, are a pretty loyal bunch. My DD still doesn't share info with us on what went into choosing guests for those infamous pin codes. She hasn't work for that department in 6 years, and had to move to a different company altogether after Broadway remained closed for so long.

People used to post here when they got surprise extra points on their contracts. That hasn't happened in a while. Disney knows exactly what the points are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter