Rock n Roller Coaster reopening

Thanks, yes I saw that- do you know what the issues have been? Basically, am I going to want my kids on it lol??
Disney would not open a ride if they felt it was unsafe to ride.
Is it running again today? Anyone there now?
Please check MDE. If there is a listed wIt time, it is running.

Since it’s not officially scheduled to re-open yet it can open/close often. Better to check the app.

Disney would not open a ride if they felt it was unsafe to ride.

Please check MDE. If there is a listed wIt time, it is running.

Since it’s not officially scheduled to re-open yet it can open/close often. Better to check the app.

If Disney isn’t adding it to MDE during the soft opening, wouldn’t the best source of information be from people at DHS right now? Are requests for real time feedback from guests at the parks not allowed?

It opened for about 2 hours yesterday. Not on MDE. Not sure about today since we aren’t in that park today.

I *think* it’s open today, based on what I’m seeing on social media, seeing people take photos from the ride area and I’m pretty sure they’re not from yesterday. Still not on MDE.

Right! That’s why I was asking here. It’s not on MDE I wanted to know if anyone was there today to check it out.

Here’s a good explanation of some things that were refreshed as part of the refurb. Also notes that this is not an official opening, the ride isn’t guaranteed to be open, and there still hasn’t been an official announcement about the reopening.

https://blogmickey.com/2023/05/rock...ith-vibrant-refresh-familiar-aerosmith-theme/
The blog is spot on about the improvements, although the lightning lanes are available at this time. The audio is not great, but the signage looks great. We just finished our first ride and returned for single rider because there were so few people on it. There were a few Queen posters in the single rider/lightning lane atrium. Just an observation considering the rumors about Aerosmith being replaced by Queen

If Disney isn’t adding it to MDE during the soft opening, wouldn’t the best source of information be from people at DHS right now? Are requests for real time feedback from guests at the parks not allowed?
Yes, real first hand experience, especially when it comes to Disney is sooo much more valuable than what they post on their site. - That's the reason I joined the dis, for real first hand. experience and knowledge. Thank you all that share. I think all that are on this board know that Disney reports their own wait times on their app - that's not what we're asking for. To me, that is not at all what the dis is for.

Just as an FYI: we've been at Disney during "soft openings" for a few rides and it has never shown up as open or with a wait time on their site. - I think that's kinda the point of a soft opening as it's not a guarantee and can open/close at anytime. It'd be great if Disney listed them, but that had not been our experience. Maybe there have been times that it has for others, but I do not think this is the norm. - Just for the future for anyone at Disney.

Last edited:
We are here. Saw reports yesterday that it was open so stopped by after riding ToT this morning, around 10am. It was running and standby was listed at 20 minutes but took 10. Open all day but the standby line did grow somewhat. My dd, dh, and ds ride single rider 3 times each after that initial ride and basically walked on each time. We checked the app map MANY times today and the star ⭐ was above the attraction the entire time. In the Genie tip board it said schedule not available all day.

I would say... It's worth checking, but I wouldn't count on anything yet. We visit once every two years. It's my dd's favorite attraction and she's having major surgery next week. Never expected to get to ride it today, so she feels very thankful!

Yay, we're going in June and my daughter was disappointed about the closure. Hopefully it's running when we're there.

I’m sure this is just how they do things but it’s weird that it’s listed in the app but still getting the refurb statement on the website.

(BTW, they said that Guardians would open in “summer” and was formally opened Memorial Day weekend. And here we are now with this ride getting a sneaky reopening for Memorial Day weekend)

IMG_9822.jpeg

I am in line right now in the building at the loading dock. The ride is in soft opening, but the ride is currently down. They just shut down the music and are making a series of announcements. Awaiting restart of the attraction. People in the queue are sitting down waiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter