RN Work From Home Jobs?

Antonia

DIS Veteran
I’m an occupational health nurse with many years of experience.Due to the current business condition of my company, I am starting to consider what my NEXT job will be. I’m still working full-time, but I think I need a Plan B!
Does any nurses on the DIS boards have experience working from home and what are your thoughts? You can PM me if you’d rather and if you’d like to recommend a company to look into. I’m in South Carolina, but I think physical location isn’t a priority in many work from home RN jobs.

I know an RN who works from home for an insurance company. I’m not sure exactly what she does or her title though.

My RN friend was a Case Management nurse for an insurance company and worked from home.

I have a friend that's a PA and she took a work from home job as a recruiter for a traveling nurse company. Her experience qualifies her to work with the hospitals and doctors that are hiring the temp nurses to understand their needs, and then she interviews candidates and places them where they best match with their skillset and career goals. She loves it.

My dad had a visiting nurse for a while after he was released from the hospital. She traveled around the area to see patients. She said she did all of her paperwork and reports from home at the end of the day. It's not 100% work from home, but she said she rarely had to actually work from the office.

I know Humana (health insurance) employs a large number of nurses to handle Medicare case management. Those are work from home positions.

Do you have an RN license? My niece who is in an online Nurse Practitioner program is working per diem shifts at a local hospital. If she works the overnight Friday or Saturday shift she makes about $70 an hour!

Could something like that be a possibility?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!