Riviera Resort ?

huey578

Test Track Dummy
Any updates? Has DVC filed any paperwork with county? Has construction began? TIA

I am hoping since it not on a water way (boat) or monorail, the price will be less expensive than other DVC's.

The Skyway can not be in operation if there are high winds, heavy rain, etc.
Then it would be a bus to everywhere. :(

Plus the new Rivieria DVC is being built on moderate resort soil. The other DVC's are either built on deluxe soil or their own "deluxe" area soil, such as close to Disney Springs.

I am hoping since it not on a water way (boat) or monorail, the price will be less expensive than other DVC's.

Disney dropping their prices is a totally alien concept to me. But one can hope!

The Skyway can not be in operation if there are high winds, heavy rain, etc.
Then it would be a bus to everywhere. :(

That's probably true of resorts with boat transportation as well. Lightning might have the same result.

DVD doesn't lower their prices, never will, each new resort will have something that makes it cost more than the last one.

:earsboy: Bill

I'm guessing we won't hear much more until CCV sales are really going and the building is closer to completion. I don't see prices going down.

We knew nothing about CCV's room configurations until the declaration. Count on that being true at Riviera.

I am hoping it won't be much more than the current rates for PVB and CCV, let alone lower. While it's technically not an Epcot DVC, it's convenient enough that I would be interested in adding on there if price and MF are right. I thought about adding on at CCV, but its MF is quite high. Plus, I already own at a MK DVC.

LAX

DVD doesn't lower their prices, never will, each new resort will have something that makes it cost more than the last one.

Cost per point to buy in will only go up from whatever is current at the time sales start, less whatever incentives are used to get things started. However, we can hope for the possibility of lower point per night rates similar to BWV standard view, AKL standard view, OKW, or SSR rates. That and the longer contract terms for the new resort might make this attractive as an add-on for some members.

Cost per point to buy in will only go up from whatever is current at the time sales start, less whatever incentives are used to get things started. However, we can hope for the possibility of lower point per night rates similar to BWV standard view, AKL standard view, OKW, or SSR rates. That and the longer contract terms for the new resort might make this attractive as an add-on for some members.

Don't see that happening either, the lower the required points, the smaller the contracts and less money made. Only rooms with crappy views will have a lower point requirement.

Don't see that happening either, the lower the required points, the smaller the contracts and less money made. Only rooms with crappy views will have a lower point requirement.

I agree. The BWV/BCV point structure is way below "value" in today's market. How many points does a studio with a "parking lot view" at PVB cost? I think the point structure at the new Riviera will be somewhat similar to PVB and VGF. I am hoping the MF will at least start out reasonable.

LAX

I agree. The BWV/BCV point structure is way below "value" in today's market. How many points does a studio with a "parking lot view" at PVB cost? I think the point structure at the new Riviera will be somewhat similar to PVB and VGF. I am hoping the MF will at least start out reasonable.

LAX
Perhaps, but both PVB and VGF are co-located at monorail deluxe resorts. Location, location, location. Also, the BCV point structure does not include the lower standard view rates available at BWV, so it does not strike me as below "value" in the same way that BWV standard view might be.

An alternative comparison would be the BCV and CCV point charts. They are essentially identical, even though BCV is a much older resort while CCV has only come on line recently. I really think the new resort will have similar point charts to these, rather than being similar to the monorail resorts.

Perhaps, but both PVB and VGF are co-located at monorail deluxe resorts. Location, location, location. Also, the BCV point structure does not include the lower standard view rates available at BWV, so it does not strike me as below "value" in the same way that BWV standard view might be.

An alternative comparison would be the BCV and CCV point charts. They are essentially identical, even though BCV is a much older resort while CCV has only come on line recently. I really think the new resort will have similar point charts to these, rather than being similar to the monorail resorts.

I absolutely agree location is the key. With the gondolas, DVD is making the Riviera a monorail equivalent at Epcot/DHS. Hop on a gondola near Riviera and you will be at Epcot or DHS in 15 or so minutes (just a wild guess as I have no idea how fast the gondolas run). That's basically the selling point of monorail resorts (perhaps the monorails run faster than gondolas)! If anything, the gondolas make two parks readily accessible instead of one, which may actually make it more attractive to some than the monorail resorts.

LAX

Gondolas, Don't you have stops to get off and onto again to continue to a drop off you want.

the gondolas will be continuous. They're slow at the stations. People get off on one side and then more people get on as they move off again.

Don't see anything about DVC Riviera being "budget"/moderate pricing-wise. Would be crazy to undercut the DVC brand that way. Just hoping they deliver a well-executed French/Euro environment. If they do- I will definitely be in for an "add on" as Epcot (warts and all) remains my all-time favorite Park- and there a lot of interesting things (SW) going on at "DHS" in the years to come obviously...

Don't see anything about DVC Riviera being "budget"/moderate pricing-wise. Would be crazy to undercut the DVC brand that way. Just hoping they deliver a well-executed French/Euro environment. If they do- I will definitely be in for an "add on" as Epcot (warts and all) remains my all-time favorite Park- and there a lot of interesting things (SW) going on at "DHS" in the years to come obviously...
I can't imagine the resort itself will be a budget or moderate but there's still quite a bit of variation within the DVC resorts in terms of how "deluxe". Regardless, I think it'll be somewhat of a moderate location as is SSR & OKW and to a degree, AKV. We'll have to see how greedy they get in terms of points and how imaginative they are in making it desirable to buy and own at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter