Riviera Annual Dues

maburke

DIS Veteran
i went to the Riviera event at SSR last Wednesday, and the price sheet says the 2019 Annual Dues there will be $8.31 per point!

Yup. Unusual to start a new resort with such high dues. I hope it isn't a sign of things to come.

Yes, there's been some discussion about that price elsewhere on the DIS (though I don't recall where exactly). That's very high to start, and with just a 3% increase in dues (which is half the average rate of the past 4 years), dues there will be over $10 within 6 years. It also makes this brand new resort the third highest in dues, behind only HHI and VB. As implied above, this does not bode well for future maintenance fees.

Sorry to be repetitive, I searched first & couldn’t find it. I agree that it bodes ill for the future — dues never seem to go down!

i went to the Riviera event at SSR last Wednesday, and the price sheet says the 2019 Annual Dues there will be $8.31 per point!
Somewhere hidden in one of the many Riviera DIS threads is the breakdown of the MFs - as I recall transportation was the 2nd (!!) item. Riviera owners are will be paying a pretty penny for the gondola for quite some time. Some speculate that WDW is charging DVD more for Riviera guests than it is charging itself for CB, Animation, and Century.

That said, MFs for the 2nd year of new resorts tend to hold steady or even go down. And we don't know what the 2020 MFs will be for the other resorts.

Yes, there's been some discussion about that price elsewhere on the DIS (though I don't recall where exactly). That's very high to start, and with just a 3% increase in dues (which is half the average rate of the past 4 years), dues there will be over $10 within 6 years. It also makes this brand new resort the third highest in dues, behind only HHI and VB. As implied above, this does not bode well for future maintenance fees.

It hasn't stopped existing members from buying in droves!

LAX

It hasn't stopped existing members from buying in droves!

LAX
True for existing DVC resorts. Honestly, I don't see that aspect particularly changing with Riviera, either. Despite the nearing $200 pp buy-in costs, the high MFs, and the severe restrictions put on future resales, I feel certain Riviera will sell fairly easily. I know who will not be buying. pirate:

True for existing DVC resorts. Honestly, I don't see that aspect particularly changing with Riviera, either. Despite the nearing $200 pp buy-in costs, the high MFs, and the severe restrictions put on future resales, I feel certain Riviera will sell fairly easily. I know who will not be buying. pirate:
When they hit the resale market and if the price is right they could be a decent bargain.

When they hit the resale market and if the price is right they could be a decent bargain.
Certainly, that is quite possible. I mean, honestly it appears that Disney can build almost anything and sell it (except Aulani pirate:), but for me personally, if I were actually in the market to buy more points, I'd avoid Riviera. It will work for many, I suspect, but certainly not for us.

The gondolas will be great except for windy days when it will be shut down! We also just did the tour at SSR and were blown away by the point chart and dues.

Somewhere hidden in one of the many Riviera DIS threads is the breakdown of the MFs - as I recall transportation was the 2nd (!!) item. Riviera owners are will be paying a pretty penny for the gondola for quite some time. Some speculate that WDW is charging DVD more for Riviera guests than it is charging itself for CB, Animation, and Century.

That said, MFs for the 2nd year of new resorts tend to hold steady or even go down. And we don't know what the 2020 MFs will be for the other resorts.

I think that with riviera being open for only two weeks of 2019, DVC started the dues high and we will see either a decrease or the same amount for 2020.

I am also anticipating that all resorts will see another large increase in 2020 due to the cast salary increases that will bring some resorts closer or above the $8 mark.

Just my thoughts in the dues

I think that with riviera being open for only two weeks of 2019, DVC started the dues high and we will see either a decrease or the same amount for 2020.

I am also anticipating that all resorts will see another large increase in 2020 due to the cast salary increases that will bring some resorts closer or above the $8 mark.

This is highly likely for exactly the reasons you stated. The average minimum salary at Riviera for 2019 ($13) is significantly higher then the average minimum salary at the other DVC resorts ($12.17). Considering wages (and in particular Housekeeping were the minimum salary is highly likely utilized) are some of the largest components of the Dues that represents a 7% difference in the number utilized by DVC for figuring out the expected costs.

As for 2020 all resorts will have an average minimum salary of $13.25 which is only an increase of 2% for Riviera but a 9% for the other resorts compared to 2019. For comparison between I think the previous minimum wage in 2018 was $9.75 so the resorts saw an increase of 25% in that number into 2019. So I would expect the other resorts see about 30-50% of the nominal increase in dues they saw between 2018 to 2019 for the 2020 dues, whereas Riviera will likely see very little.

Also considering the Taxes are just an estimate, conservative too, then we should see the Tax Portion of Riviera maybe dropping a bit in 2020 once the resort is finished being assessed. Also people at older DVC resorts need to be aware that the Tax Assessor has been attempting to assess those properties higher inline with where they assess new resorts. So eventually even the taxes will likely go up at old resorts.

Too rich for my blood. I do not see RR selling anywhere near as fast as previous resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter