Rivers of Light --- Almost Ready for Prime Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've said that for a month now. I know it is not your fault, you are just repeating what you are told, but the record is getting old. I'm glad my trip isn't until March, I THINK they might hit that deadline.

Dates have been all over the place for months and YES it is getting VERY OLD. Folks just repeating rumors and guesswork since no one with real knowledge is going to talk on a forum or share. It does no one good to keep throwing out dates based on history of the project and the park its located in, and each new "insight" reduces credibility.

They can announce new Castle projection on short notice, they can announce new DHS projection show on short notice, they can come up with a huge holiday celebration at Disney Springs, short notice ................... and they let this thing become it's own nightmare.

Honestly it has a lot of expectation to live up to .... I hope it runs smooth and is impressive if it opens soon. Right now with holidays there is no "need" to open it at this point in time. If it's not close to all it's supposed to be they are better off waiting until spring.

When it happens, it happens.

Dates have been all over the place for months and YES it is getting VERY OLD. Folks just repeating rumors and guesswork since no one with real knowledge is going to talk on a forum or share. It does no one good to keep throwing out dates based on history of the project and the park its located in, and each new "insight" reduces credibility.

They can announce new Castle projection on short notice, they can announce new DHS projection show on short notice, they can come up with a huge holiday celebration at Disney Springs, short notice ................... and they let this thing become it's own nightmare.

Honestly it has a lot of expectation to live up to .... I hope it runs smooth and is impressive if it opens soon. Right now with holidays there is no "need" to open it at this point in time. If it's not close to all it's supposed to be they are better off waiting until spring.

When it happens, it happens.
But what about your sources?

If you hadn't noticed this is the RUMORS and News board. We can discuss these things here. Don't like it don't post.

I'm going to keep reporting what I'm seeing/hearing. You believe what you want to and I'll believe what I want to.

It is close, very close, and there is a need to open it now.

But what about your sources?

If you hadn't noticed this is the RUMORS and News board. We can discuss these things here. Don't like it don't post.

I'm going to keep reporting what I'm seeing/hearing. You believe what you want to and I'll believe what I want to.

It is close, very close, and there is a need to open it now.

Any truth to the rumor that Iger has given them a mandate to get it open by the end of the month? I wonder if heads will roll if this gets delayed again.

Any truth to the rumor that Iger has given them a mandate to get it open by the end of the month? I wonder if heads will roll if this gets delayed again.
I doubt Iger gave that mandate likely chapek but I wouldn't doubt it. This is costing them money everyday it's not open.

It's killing me that this show is just sitting there, able to run, but not running, and my trip is next week. I can understand the continuing delay for a show that has technical difficulties, but if the show works, for goodness sake, let it run! Not cool Disney, NOT COOL.

Who knows, maybe I will get super lucky and hit a soft opening.

It's killing me that this show is just sitting there, able to run, but not running, and my trip is next week. I can understand the continuing delay for a show that has technical difficulties, but if the show works, for goodness sake, let it run! Not cool Disney, NOT COOL.

It's my understanding that the contracts that WDW has with some of the firms being used to develop certain key parts of the show require a set number of consecutive runs of the show that are free from e-stops, and technical glitches in order to move the project to the "completed" status. It's also the likely milestone used to release any final payments to these vendors. It's that process that the show is reportedly working through right now in the extended run of rehearsals. Until the project meets the conditions to be deemed "complete", it won't debut to the masses.

Fingers crossed that the show is running for all you folks visiting WDW later this month.

I'm hoping it's open then so we can see it in December or early January.

It's not just sitting there able to run but not running.

It's my understanding that the contracts that WDW has with some of the firms being used to develop certain key parts of the show require a set number of consecutive runs of the show that are free from e-stops, and technical glitches in order to move the project to the "completed" status. It's also the likely milestone used to release any final payments to these vendors. It's that process that the show is reportedly working through right now in the extended run of rehearsals. Until the project meets the conditions to be deemed "complete", it won't debut to the masses.
This show was developed by imagineering so no outside firms involved in testing it.

This show was developed by imagineering so no outside firms involved in testing it.
Even though imagineering developed the show, I would think construction/implementation would be contracted to various companies. I believe that many animatronics throughout the parks are contracted out for construction.

Even though imagineering developed the show, I would think construction/implementation would be contracted to various companies. I believe that many animatronics throughout the parks are contracted out for construction.
Yes but this show doesn't have animatronics and the construction has been complete since April. Everything now is being okayed in house by imagineering.

Yes but this show doesn't have animatronics and the construction has been complete since April. Everything now is being okayed in house by imagineering.

So is there any new updates on when it will open? I know you initially most likely before November 18th...

Yes, but correct me if wrong, but a significant reason for the delay was believed due to the fact that certain technologies utilized by many of the set pieces were not functioning as intended and required reworking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter