Rise of the Resistance- Triumph versus complete failure

thelittlemermaid2

Mouseketeer
Its been about a month since our trip, 11/5-11/13. Our first day in HS we got on the skyliner from Pop right when it opened, and were in the park by 8:00. We headed straight for Rise and it was completely a walk on- incredible! We were able to ride it and be off by 8:25, and the park wasn't even supposed to be open for resort guests till 8:30!! What a win! :cool1:

Since it worked so well the first day, a few days later we went back to HS with the same plan. When we ran back there was more of a line outside of Rise, and we got in right away. Around about 8:20 a cast member came by and reported that the ride was down and it would be at least 30-45 minutes for it to get up and running. We chose to leave the line as to not waste the shorter lines the first hour in the morning, and it's a good thing we did! The ride did not resume till 9:30, and by that time we had ridden M&MRR, RR x2, and TOT. We had Genie + reservations for the Toy Story rides later in the afternoon, so we decided to get in the standby wait for Rise (posted at 110 minutes). This was at 10:00, and we had nothing till our dining reservations at 1:30. Shortly after getting in line the ride dropped to half capacity, and we inched forward, making it only to the second room inside by 1:00 when we bailed to get to lunch. The FINAL plan of the day was to return and get in line just as the park was closing, we really wanted to ride it again! At 8:30 the posted wait time was 55 minutes as we got in line again. We got to the SAME ROOM that we had spent three hours in that morning when the ride shut down. The park closed at 9, but we stayed in line. At 9:30 a cast member finally came around and announced that the ride would not be operational that night. We received a "golden" Genie + pass for our time. That day we had waited a total of 4 hours and 20 minutes in line that day and didn't even get to ride. :sad1:

All in all my takeaway was to expect the unexpected, and be flexible in your plans for the day! Thankfully we were able to stay in pretty good spirits and we didn't let this ruin our day, I would rather be in line in Disney World than at work any day! Be patient and grateful always. :)

I know what you mean. Could not book Rise for our first HS day on 11/21 but tried for the next day as our park hopping park and was able to secure it for 6 pm. We arrived and found out it was down and the CMs had no clue when it would be back up. Someone we were talking to told us it was the second time that day. We decided to just stay around there and luckily we did because it was open again in an hour and we got in the LL before it was too crowded and were able to ride it.

What is the Golden Genie plus ticket. I know of recovery tickets that do not include ROTR, MMRR or SDD but everything else. Are you saying that what you got includes ROTR?

This is important to me as I am in talk with Disney now about the passes they are giving me for my next trip...which do not include the top 3 rides at each park. I am curious if such a thing exists where all rides are included.

thanks

What is the Golden Genie plus ticket. I know of recovery tickets that do not include ROTR, MMRR or SDD but everything else. Are you saying that what you got includes ROTR?

This is important to me as I am in talk with Disney now about the passes they are giving me for my next trip...which do not include the top 3 rides at each park. I am curious if such a thing exists where all rides are included.

thanks
It was just a recovery ticket for normal Genie + rides, it didn’t include ROTR or any other fancy rides! Sorry for the bad terminology! However SDD is not an Individual Lightning Lane ride, so it would work for that. Just not ROTR or MMRR

Thanks,

Are you sure that it included SDD? I have some Experience Access passes for a future trip that do not include SDD, Peter Pan, Test Track, or Navi River.

With so many hit or miss stories like this for ROTR I feel really fortunate that we got to ride it without any issues the one time we tried. We were there that same week and had one full HS day (11/9). We got in line right at park close, waited about 35 minutes in standby and got to experience the full ride without any issues. The funny part is since that was the first time we rode it we weren't sure if it was the full experience until we got home and confirmed through videos. We had avoided any spoilers before riding it.

ROTR can definitely throw a wrench in your plans. We were there last week and did get an ILL pass for ROTR on our DHS day, only for us to arrive at the park and ROTR was down. It was down for several hours but since those hours crossed our return time, it converted to being able to use it anytime by park close. Our original return time was 11:35 am but we didn't end up riding until about 2 pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter