Rise of The Resistance Opening?

I went to a wedding in April, and the groom's brother is a lead at Disneyland. When I told him I was heading out for the Expo, he mentioned (without any prompting from me) that ROTR should be opened by then.

He's a super nice guy, and I don't think he'd make anything up arbitrarily, but I've learned to temper my expectations when it comes to random tidbits from CMs - especially since I've seen info to the contrary on this board. But man, I hope he's right!

I went to a wedding in April, and the groom's brother is a lead at Disneyland. When I told him I was heading out for the Expo, he mentioned (without any prompting from me) that ROTR should be opened by then.

He's a super nice guy, and I don't think he'd make anything up arbitrarily, but I've learned to temper my expectations when it comes to random tidbits from CMs - especially since I've seen info to the contrary on this board. But man, I hope he's right!

obviously hard to know for certain since they adjusted plans to begin with in having the early opening and opening in phases, but that seems about right from the scuttlebutt I heard - in that this was something that would be a few months delay (not just a few weeks, but also not 6 months or a year) ... BUT it does seem like there were some technical difficulties so even if as of now the plan/expectation is to open by the EXPO, there very well could be additional delays that push it back. Since they already went for the phased opening I would think they would want RotR to be working like as close to 100% as possible before opening it

I can definitely see them opening this state-of-the-art attraction, but fully expect it to be down quite a bit for the first few months; that would be my biggest concern.

It will be interesting to see if there is an uptime/downtime tracker.

I'm just hoping for early December at WDW. We would be happy with the shops and Smuggler's Run, but Rise of the Resistance would be even better. We do have an AP through March, so I guess we could come back in February to ride it if it is not going in December.

I can definitely see them opening this state-of-the-art attraction, but fully expect it to be down quite a bit for the first few months; that would be my biggest concern.

It will be interesting to see if there is an uptime/downtime tracker.

my hope (maybe too optimistic) is that part of the reason for the phased openings is they didn't want to rush to get RotR done in time with the rest of the land and have to deal with high down times ... but now that they have more time, I would hope they would take it and not open it until they are really confident about having pretty high operation times stats. Obviously nothing new will ever be up 100% of the time, but I think they know they can't open things and they be down 50% of the time (one reason I think they pushed back the opening of MMRR as well)

my hope (maybe too optimistic) is that part of the reason for the phased openings is they didn't want to rush to get RotR done in time with the rest of the land and have to deal with high down times ... but now that they have more time, I would hope they would take it and not open it until they are really confident about having pretty high operation times stats. Obviously nothing new will ever be up 100% of the time, but I think they know they can't open things and they be down 50% of the time (one reason I think they pushed back the opening of MMRR as well)

For sure they want a high operational percentage. I am just envisioning the first wave of guests, whom have such a build-up of excitement, might have a higher percentage of experiencing the attraction being down. To me, that would be such a disappointment after going through all the travel plans and expenses to have that happen. So I guess it's that risk of being among the first to experience it.

I think MMRR was miscalculated out of the gate in terms of the timeline. But, to your point I also believe they will use the setback to strengthen up the operation uptime.

Just a guess, but I would think WDW would want it open before the Holiday crowds hit. I would guess late November or early December to work out the bugs before the big crowds hit. Of course, many of the bugs may be worked out with DL opening first.

When planning our trip for Feb, I was assured that everything Star Warsy would be open by end of 2019 in all the places. :)

The next question would be: if it's open for D23, will D23 members / attendees get some sort of guaranteed pass to experience ROTR?

The next question would be: if it's open for D23, will D23 members / attendees get some sort of guaranteed pass to experience ROTR?
All depends if its ready and if Disney wants to do that. They did it for the new version of fantasmic in 2017.

My guess is that it will open when we all originally suspected the ENTIRE land would be opened ..

So LATE FALL (late November to early December) for WDW.

But it also gives them the option to delay it without as much repercussions in case there are issues.

Anyone else see that alleged insider info come out about Galaxy's Edge? Apparently major cutbacks in terms of entertainment and ROTR "can only run for about 15 minutes before going down for 2-3 hours". Apparently Chapek cut certain entertainment because he didn't wanna pay their unionized wages... I kinda hope Galaxy Edge flops and he gets fired for it lol...

But seriously, sounds similar to how Toy Story land was cut back multiple times. I just don't understand how a company can suck in so much money and refuse to put it back into the parks. Well I mean, I do, they don't care as long as people keep showing up...

Anyone else see that alleged insider info come out about Galaxy's Edge? Apparently major cutbacks in terms of entertainment and ROTR "can only run for about 15 minutes before going down for 2-3 hours". Apparently Chapek cut certain entertainment because he didn't wanna pay their unionized wages... I kinda hope Galaxy Edge flops and he gets fired for it lol...

But seriously, sounds similar to how Toy Story land was cut back multiple times. I just don't understand how a company can suck in so much money and refuse to put it back into the parks. Well I mean, I do, they don't care as long as people keep showing up...

I did read it - I am sure some of it is true and totally get the concern about paying higher salaries to union workers ... but some of what was described sounded really elaborate and more like "blue sky" concepts so I took it a bit over-exaggerated and coming from a bitter entertainment CM

My guess is we'll see a long soft-open that can be random for a bit.

My understanding is that there's a part where your ride vehicle has to pair up with a different type of ride vehicle, similar to how Tower of Terror does it...and they were having issues with the wifi signal getting lost in the process.

I didn't see this, but wouldn't surprise me. I do wonder if this was a fixed-price contract and when the delays became apparent it became a labor leverage issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts