• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 2 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3*

A good opening day performance. Of course, we have to figure that boarding groups are about a quarter of the size of pre-shutdown boarding groups, but it does appear that the attraction operated consistently all day long, and I haven't seen any reports of folks who got a bg and weren't able to ride.

Got lucky today with info here and social media to pinpoint the morning distribution bg cutoff of 74. Future data may be a little more amorphous, but we'll see how it goes.

It's good to be back in action if only from a distance.

Today we didn’t get into the 7am boarding groups. Tried again at 12pm. Got into a “backup” boarding (felt like a backup singer for a moment ha!) Got a message at 5:37 that we were part of boarding group 137. Hustled over from Main Street and got in before our end time of 6:37.

Last edited:

Today we didn’t get into the 7am boarding groups. Tried again at 12pm. Got into a “backup” boarding (felt like a backup singer for a moment ha!) Got a message at 5:37 that we were part of boarding group 137.
So backup groups are still a thing. Not sure if there is a good way to track that. Good info, though, I'll update the chart.

Today we didn’t get into the 7am boarding groups. Tried again at 12pm. Got into a “backup” boarding (felt like a backup singer for a moment ha!) Got a message at 5:37 that we were part of boarding group 137.
Sorry you didn't get to ride. Can you clarify something for me? Did you get assigned 137 when you tried at noon, or did it just tell you that you were a "backup" and then they gave you 137 via message at 5:37pm?

Sorry you didn't get to ride. Can you clarify something for me? Did you get assigned 137 when you tried at noon, or did it just tell you that you were a "backup" and then they gave you 137 via message at 5:37pm?

We did ride. Yippeee!! We didn’t get assigned a number until the message at 5:37. The original message said that if they had more room for riders they would send us a message. I didn’t have much faith that we were going to get on...and then the 5:37 message!

We did ride. Yippeee!! We didn’t get assigned a number until the message at 5:37. The original message said that if they had more room for riders they would send us a message. I didn’t have much faith that we were going to get on...and then the 5:37 message!
Oh, good to hear. Was concerned because I only saw up to 134 called.

Also saw reports on twitter that for the last 5 minutes of the day they allowed people in the queue standby without a bg. Most people had cleared out by then, and chances are this was just some re-opening day magic as I'm sure they don't want people crowding around at the end of the day in the future, but very cool that a few extra folks got to ride.

That's pretty amazing. Never heard of someone getting a boarding group without a number, let alone being called back, super cool and congrats on getting to ride!

Oh, good to hear. Was concerned because I only saw up to 134 called.

Also saw reports on twitter that for the last 5 minutes of the day they allowed people in the queue standby without a bg. Most people had cleared out by then, and chances are this was just some re-opening day magic as I'm sure they don't want people crowding around at the end of the day in the future, but very cool that a few extra folks got to ride.

That's some pretty good pixie dust.

I hate to ignite this firestorm again, but our party was comprised of people with iPhones and Androids. The iPhone folks said the app auto selected tickets with reservations, but I(with an Android) had to manually unselect my legacy pass.

Thanks to our iPhone users we got BG 44.

The other big difference is that when you click "Join Boarding Group" from the home page, the app loads for about 2 seconds instead of just throwing you to the select party page. Everyone in my group experienced this and said it messed them up. Anyone got tips for this?

I hate to ignite this firestorm again, but our party was comprised of people with iPhones and Androids. The iPhone folks said the app auto selected tickets with reservations, but I(with an Android) had to manually unselect my legacy pass.

Thanks to our iPhone users we got BG 44.

The other big difference is that when you click "Join Boarding Group" from the home page, the app loads for about 2 seconds instead of just throwing you to the select party page. Everyone in my group experienced this and said it messed them up. Anyone got tips for this?

Ok....I'm full of it. Tried again this morning, and my android had the tickets that had reservations pre-selected.

Last edited:
I meant to practice this morning, but I lost track of time! I’ll have to try again at noon. Then I try for real tomorrow!

We got BG 21 today! DH got it. Yesterday I got the backup group of 121. Both iPhone 12 on T-Mobile.

Yesterday when I got the BG, my husband said when he tried the tickets weren’t pre-selected. I think because I had already gotten the BG. The same thing happened to me this morning. When I tried our tickets were not auto selected, but my DH had already gotten us a BG. So maybe it won’t let you continue the process if someone else already got a BG with your account?

Last edited:
We got BG 21 today! DH got it. Yesterday I got the backup group of 121. Both iPhone 12 on T-Mobile.

Yesterday when I got the BG, my husband said when he tried the tickets weren’t pre-selected. I think because I had already gotten the BG. The same thing happened to me this morning. When I tried our tickets were not auto selected, but my DH had already gotten us a BG. So maybe it won’t let you continue the process if someone else already go a BG with your account?

That's what my family was speculating this morning too. I got the BG, but everyone else in the family said that the tickets weren't pre-selected for them. Yesterday, the person who ended up getting the BGs had them all pre-selected while the rest of us did not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter