Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 1 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-4*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have any data to support your statement?

No data, but from being there for these first three days, seeing and hearing disappointed guests and lines at Guest Services there is no way they are going to let this continue.

Plus, you have to figure guests who plan to visit the park and see signs saying they cannot ride the new attraction are just going back home.

The majority of people will understand that a new attraction will break down. It's part of the experience. Radiator Springs Racers, Indiana Jones Adventure all did it.
They do not understand having to get to a park at opening and not even being guaranteed a Boarding Pass.
Better to have a sign that says ROTR may have down time issues longer waits than usual than No more guests allowed to ride because of sold out Boarding Passes.
Which, they DO NOT advertise on the radio or TV as being needed to ride the attraction.

ME

The next one for someone to try would be to scan into DL first then leave and scan into DCA and see if that works. (Ie, if it's enough to have scanned into DL that day.)
I may be able to try this on Sunday, in a week, if no one has done so before then, as it will not be a full day in the parks for me.

3 Days and able to get the pass while at Disneyland. Here is what I did...
- Turn off WiFi and use LTE from phone, provider (Google FI for me)
- Test the connection and that all passes are available by reserving a FP. It's okay if you don't have MaxPass as you will still be able to tell which tickets are available.
- Close Apps before park opening
- Open just the Disneyland App a few minutes before park opening.
- Select Find Out More button under the ROTR image on the Home Page
- Select My Status (you won't be able to choose Join a Boarding Pass yet)
- When park is open go back one screen to My Status / Join Boarding Group Page
- If you cannot select Boarding Group select My Status again and see if the Join Boarding Group is open, if not go back one screen. Repeat the following until you see the Join Boarding Group button appear.

I think what the main issue is that most guests are selecting Find Out More from the Home Screen at park opening which is bogging down the system. By already being one screen ahead, you are avoiding that first step.

I felt really bad yesterday as these three adults near were so excited to be at Disneyland for the ride and as people started to cheer, you could tell they were stuck at a loading screen on all three of their devices. I have learned not to cheer as many people who are there are not getting a BGP.

ME

Thank you for these details! This is going to help our family a lot when we go in March.

No data, but from being there for these first three days, seeing and hearing disappointed guests and lines at Guest Services there is no way they are going to let this continue.

Plus, you have to figure guests who plan to visit the park and see signs saying they cannot ride the new attraction are just going back home.

The majority of people will understand that a new attraction will break down. It's part of the experience. Radiator Springs Racers, Indiana Jones Adventure all did it.
They do not understand having to get to a park at opening and not even being guaranteed a Boarding Pass.
Better to have a sign that says ROTR may have down time issues longer waits than usual than No more guests allowed to ride because of sold out Boarding Passes.
Which, they DO NOT advertise on the radio or TV as being needed to ride the attraction.

ME
What's your solution? 5+ hour standby line that a ride can evacuate when it goes down for an hour and restart over again? Sure, that's only several thousand disappointed people at a time instead and for the lucky ones with able to experience this single ride and a few others. That's an expensive E Ticket.

Does anyone know if the DTD Monorail station has been scanning tickets prior to park opening? I know monorails don't always start running until after park opening, but that shouldn't matter as long as they scan your ticket before opening. Anybody have any experience with this?

There is no way BGPs lasts past this month at Disneyland.
Here's hoping - I'll be there in two weeks.

Reasons I think it'll go longer:

I suspect they're going to use BGs to manage the maintenance schedule while they work to get ROTR's capacity to something reliable - hopefully somewhere close to RSR's (1500/hr). (BGs also help control the number of people in line in the expectation of frequent breakdowns - easier to clear 12 BGs than a four-hour line.)

I would also bet that will take weeks, not days. Minimum, that's March (very optimistically), which slides into the Spring Break season, followed by the busy Summer season. (My vote for earliest standby is actually right after Labor Day.)

Complaints are going to happen either way - they'll lessen after this initial weekend, as (hopefully) fewer people will be trying to get in early to ride (weekends excepted). Even with complaints about getting shut out in the morning - having the queue cleared for an hour-long breakdown would be awful if you've already waited three hours in it.

ROTR needs to be running 100% reliably before they can stop using BGs. And I think we're a long way from that.

(Cynically, the BGs also bring in more attendance in the morning, which is a boost to DL's bottom line.)

This isn't a situation like with GE's open, where people were a bit meh and didn't show up. This is a top-tier must-do A-level ride that's going to have a lot of interest for a while, especially as word-of-mouth gets out as to how good it is.

Does anyone know if the DTD Monorail station has been scanning tickets prior to park opening? I know monorails don't always start running until after park opening, but that shouldn't matter as long as they scan your ticket before opening. Anybody have any experience with this?
Sounds really risky.

Boarding group 27 here waiting in queue. Rides been down for 30ish minutes.
This morning we rope dropped and rode Peter Pan at about 754am. Got off and found a good cell spot right behind the carousel. Two iPhone 11pros. One with sprint and one with T-Mobile. One with T-Mobile got us BG.

I think what the main issue is that most guests are selecting Find Out More from the Home Screen at park opening which is bogging down the system. By already being one screen ahead, you are avoiding that first step.

Really interesting theory! Thanks for sharing. We were going to stay on landing page, but maybe we'll try this instead.

I was wondering if there had been a lot of upset guests. I've looked at the "visitors posts" on the main DL Facebook and Twitter pages and haven't seen complaints so I wasn't sure whether upset people had been vocal. Maybe Disney scrubs the negative comments on social media?

Group 27! But ride has been down for 45 minutes. No snacks yet. No info on ride. We had again 6 phones and the oldest phone iPhone 7 on WiFi got it. We had another on WiFi and 4 on cell and the old phone on WiFi won. App was open on the phone and she hit find out more right at 8. Go figure. Hope this gets moving soon!!

Here's hoping - I'll be there in two weeks.

Reasons I think it'll go longer:

I suspect they're going to use BGs to manage the maintenance schedule while they work to get ROTR's capacity to something reliable - hopefully somewhere close to RSR's (1500/hr). (BGs also help control the number of people in line in the expectation of frequent breakdowns - easier to clear 12 BGs than a four-hour line.)

I would also bet that will take weeks, not days. Minimum, that's March (very optimistically), which slides into the Spring Break season, followed by the busy Summer season. (My vote for earliest standby is actually right after Labor Day.)

Complaints are going to happen either way - they'll lessen after this initial weekend, as (hopefully) fewer people will be trying to get in early to ride (weekends excepted). Even with complaints about getting shut out in the morning - having the queue cleared for an hour-long breakdown would be awful if you've already waited three hours in it.

ROTR needs to be running 100% reliably before they can stop using BGs. And I think we're a long way from that.

(Cynically, the BGs also bring in more attendance in the morning, which is a boost to DL's bottom line.)

This isn't a situation like with GE's open, where people were a bit meh and didn't show up. This is a top-tier must-do A-level ride that's going to have a lot of interest for a while, especially as word-of-mouth gets out as to how good it is.
What's your solution? 5+ hour standby line that a ride can evacuate when it goes down for an hour and restart over again? Sure, that's only several thousand disappointed people at a time instead and for the lucky ones with able to experience this single ride and a few others. That's an expensive E Ticket.

Again down time for a new attraction is not new. It happens to all of them. Probably worse when Racers opened because from the beginning it started with Fastpass.

ROTR does not offer FP so I doubt the line for the attraction will be 5 hours plus, maybe 3-4 at park opening and slowly dwindling as it gets later in the day with a slight spike after the fireworks. With no FP and no downtime ROTR from the cave and before the waterfall took 30 minutes yesterday to go through.

For everyone who keeps saying the BGs will end soon-there was the same talk about how MFSR FPs will start after the SWGE reservation system ends, then by July 4, then end of summer, Halloween, thanksgiving, end of year, opening of Rise, etc! I don’t think anyone (including Disney) knows how long the BGs will last.

I personally wouldn’t count on them ending until the ride is more stabilized and the BGs aren’t running out instantly. Maybe they will even start doing weekdays without BGs and weekends (and high crowd days) with BGs! We will all just have to wait and see but I wouldn’t plan on visiting without a BG unti we hear otherwise!

Sounds really risky.
Yeah I wouldn't normally try it. Just curious. Our flight comes into SNA at 8:05 on 1/30 which is a 9am opening. We had the same flight on 12/30, and we were on Main Street at 8:45am using Uber. And that included going through bag line. So, I know it's possible that we could be in the park by 9am on the 30th. I just worry that the security line on the Harbor side will be huge and prevent us from getting in before opening.

When my extended family of 16 visited WDW over the summer we stayed off site so we were only able to get FP up to 30 days prior to park visit. There's no way a FP was going to be available for FOP. Of our group of 16 only 3 of us were willing to ride it - me, my DH & my DHs 74yo uncle. We waited almost 3 hrs also. After about the 1.5 hr mark I could tell that the wait was getting to DUIL, he was just thankful we were indoors at that point. The FOP queue is amazing however there is no where to sit along the way! It is an incredible ride & glad I did it but I don't know if I'd wait 3+ hrs again if I had no FP. There's simply sooo much to see and do at AK that we had missed out on.

I agree with @GoldeneyezCA that I'd rather not wait in 3+ or line because I'd rather do other things instead of wait and you easily can. If I don't get a BG or a back up group at least I know where I stand and can get on with the rest of my day.

ROTR is such a unique experience that will demand a unique way to tour it for weeks if not months to come. I believe this virtual queue system is a good way to get to ride the attraction. As long as you come prepared, there's a good chance you will get to ride it. I'm sure DL parks admin will re evaluate the queue system in the coming weeks, as initial interest has died down. Or maybe it won't die down and BGs become 'This is the Way'.

I haven't been to WDW in 20 years so please forgive me but what is FOP?

Again down time for a new attraction is not new. It happens to all of them. Probably worse when Racers opened because from the beginning it started with Fastpass.

ROTR does not offer FP so I doubt the line for the attraction will be 5 hours plus, maybe 3-4 at park opening and slowly dwindling as it gets later in the day with a slight spike after the fireworks. With no FP and no downtime ROTR from the cave and before the waterfall took 30 minutes yesterday to go through.
Having a standby line does not magically increase capacity. All that would do is make all the disappointed people who didn’t get a BG stand in line for hours before they find out they can’t ride.

There are more people that want to ride each day than the current capacity of the attraction. A standby line won’t change that and it would make the experience worse for both the people who do get to ride and the people who don’t get to ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter