RIP Ed Ames

One of my mom's favorite Ed Ames songs was My Cup Runneth Over and when you listened to Ed Ames sing he had an impressive voice and he reminds me a lot of Kelsey Grammer when Kelsey sings and nowadays it's hard to find a singer like Ed Ames and I wish in today's singers we had more like him

One of my mom's favorite Ed Ames songs was My Cup Runneth Over and when you listened to Ed Ames sing he had an impressive voice and he reminds me a lot of Kelsey Grammer when Kelsey sings and nowadays it's hard to find a singer like Ed Ames and I wish in today's singers we had more like him
Indeed a great set of pipes. "Who Will Answer" was my favorite. Had several hits as part of The Ames Brothers, including "You, You, You."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Ames

Thanks for the show - you were a credit to the biz.

I do remember his great voice, so many years ago, with his brothers, The Ames Brother. Then as Mingo, in the Daniel Boone series. And then of course, on Johnny Carson.

RIP

My parents had several of the Ames Brothers’ records when I was young. The songs I most remember are My Cup Runneth Over and Tammy.

I remember many of his TV appearances as well as his singing. When reading the link posted by tvguy, I learned something new: Ed Ames and I were born in the same city, Malden, MA, a suburb of Boston. Rest easy, Ed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter