• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Riding up front on the monorail

x98bjv

Earning My Ears
A few years ago, we went on a family trip to Disney World and my nephew got to sit up front with the monorail driver. Now that we have a little boy of our own, I'd like to know if that's still possible. Is it something we have to arrange ahead of time? How do we go about it?

Thanks!

They discontinued that at WDW after the accident in 2009.

If you ever make it out west to DLR, they do still allow it there.

Wanna bet? My daughter uses the monorail as express service to Earl of Sandwich from the park. :cool1:

That is exactly what I did last time I was there. EoS is as far as it can get from the main entrance, so Monorail makes perfect transportation. Plus the security line was much shorter at the Monorail platform than at the Esplanade.

And no more Guests allowed in the Pilot House on the Liberty Belle either unfortunately.

And no more Guests allowed in the Pilot House on the Liberty Belle either unfortunately.

That one makes very little sense.
Virtually zero "safety issues" during the actual excursion.

No one is allowed to sit up front on the monorail since the tragic accident that took the life of a monorail pilot July 4th into the 5th of 2009.

I used to love sitting up front on the way to Epcot. I have great pics of Spaceship Earth.
I also still have my last card that you would get when sitting up front.
So sad that people can't experience that anymore.

Here's a card from our last ride in the front of the monorail:

Untitled-225%20Tim-L.jpg

and a picture of the actual ride

Untitled-133ed-XL.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter