***Riding out the hurricane at a Disney resort? Post your experiences here!***

Lynne M

DIS Veteran
I'm creating this thread as a place for those who are staying at a Disney resort during Hurricane Irma to post about their experiences. Tell us about food offerings, entertainment, weather conditions, or anything else you think will be helpful to your fellow guests, or just interesting for those of us who aren't on-site.

FYI: Disney has put up a Hurricane Irma Information & Precautions page with helpful info on park closings, schedule changes, etc.

At POR and everyone is pretty calm today. Spoke to a few folks on the ride out team last night and they seem well prepared. Lots of trees on this property, so we plan to stay inside our room for about 24 hours during the worst of the storm. We already have the supplies in our room for that. Part of our party is at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Same vibe there. Lots of optimistic folks making the best of this situation.

All Star Sports. We are on the second floor and in the end room at the building center close to the stairs and elevators, so we feel like it's a safe location. We have a bunch of food and water, flashlights and batteries, cards, books and dice games to occupy us. We are leaving shortly for MK and we are going to enjoy the park until closing if the weather is ok.

We are at the Boardwalk villas in a 1 bedroom.Yesterday was our anniversary and had a magical day doing the Keys to the kingdom tour, a couples massage at GF spa, dinner at the Yachtsman steakhouse and starship concert at Epcot. Epcot was not that empty last night. Although I imagine a Friday night during food and wine is usually packed wall to wall. We figured why not enjoy ourselves while we can. Our flight was cancelled for tomorrow and tried everything we could to get on another one but no luck. The front desk was very accommodating extending our stay using both points and a reasonable cash rate. We know have a flight out Tuesday. Hopefully MCO will be operational and United will get their equipment here. So far the parks close a little early today MK and Epcot at 9 and HS and AK at 7. We made a dinner reservation at Ohanas for 6:30 tonight as our last good meal before the storm. The parks are closed Sunday and Monday so will be stuck at the resort. We got a flyer saying there were free Disney movies on the television but I haven't found the channel yet. We are going to spend today in Epcot and MK probably before we are hunkered down in our room. We brought some food from home and bought some more here including a couple bottles of wine. Cast member said they will probably serve found in convention center. We will ok with what we have if it is too hard to get food there. Just can't wait for the storm to pass.

I'm at the Beach Club right now. I've heard multiple cast members say they are going to close at 5pm but that conflicts with what I am hearing officially that what is posted is accurate and is in place because of the lessons learned from last year.

We got a flyer saying there were free Disney movies on the television but I haven't found the channel yet.

Yeah, if anyone knows how to get those please let me know! We tried last night but no luck.

We are switching from Pop to POFQ this morning. In line to check out now, people seem calmer than the past 2 days! Will be heading to AK then MK for afternoon/evening. Was able to switch up our ADRs so we will be doing CRT tonight!

Yeah, if anyone knows how to get those please let me know! We tried last night but no luck.

We are switching from Pop to POFQ this morning. In line to check out now, people seem calmer than the past 2 days! Will be heading to AK then MK for afternoon/evening. Was able to switch up our ADRs so we will be doing CRT tonight!

Hi, on another post someone mentioned channel 31 I think it is, so I'd try that one :-) I've not checked yet to see what's on so apologies if I'm wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter