Rides and kids

mnlovesdisney

Mouseketeer
We are planning on taking an 11 and 7 year old to Universal. We have already decided against IOA because of height restrictions on so many of their rides. I am wondering about rides at Universal Studios and what ones might not be good to take a 7 year old on.

I think your 7 & 11 year old would love IOA! How tall is your 7 year old? If you get a two park/two day pass you can take advantage of early entry and express passes (FOTL until 10 I think) and if you only use one of those days on this trip, the second day of the pass never expires!

But to answer your question, the only ride I can think of that might be a problem re height restrictions could be the "Back to the Future" ride. You might want to look up the height restrictions on Universal's website. Also, if your kids are sensitive to loud noises, you might want to be careful with the Terminator attraction. It's my favorite attraction at Universal, and my kids (10 & 11) love it - but it is loud. :)

There will be lots of stuff that they can do at IOA. We went last year with 2 11 yr olds and once they had been to IOA, we could hardly get them to the other parks. When we go back we will have 2 13 year olds and a 6 year old. We can't wait.

Have fun!

The height restrictions at USF are:

Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster: 36"
The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera: 40" (or ride in stationary seats)
Back to the Future: 40"
Men in Black: 42"

guy.gif

Barry Hom
The moderator formerly known as Barry aka usagi
Moderator, Universal and Sea World Boards

Hi mnlovesdisney,

I took my 3 and 7 year old to both parks. They loved different aspects of both! If you decide to only go to Universal this is what my 7 year old was liked.
1. The Funtastic World of Hanna Barbera
2.Nick Studios
3.Twister
4.Konfrontation
5.Terminator 2 (has been discussed it may be scary for some kids, my son liked it)
6.Woody Woodpeckers Kidzone (Everything Here)
especially Curious George Town and woodys coaster
7.ET
8.M.I.B (this was his favorite at Universal)
9Back to the Future

If you get the opportunity I think your kids are old enough to enjoy many things at IOA as well.My kids liked it better than Universal.
Enjoy your trip! :D

jessica5.gif

My son who turned 8 at Universal last week, was 2 inches shy of the height for the Hulk and Dueling Dragons considers IOA one of his FAVORITE parks!

He's been to every park USF and Disney has to offer and even without the big rides there is a lot to be enjoyed at IOA. Seussland, Toon Lagoon and Jurassic Park are not to be missed for kids that age.

-------------------------

MOM
Mother of Michael

Proverbs 3:5-6
esmeralda04.gif
<font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Rejoice in the Joy of the Season!</font></marquee>
<font color=purple>Co-Moderator of the Community and Universal/IOA Boards</font color=purple>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter