Rider swap tip

Bork

Goofy about Disney
We just got back from 2 weeks with 5 of us. DS3 was too short for 5 rides. We discovered by accident a way for both older kids to ride twice when doing rider swap. We typically got Genie+ for all 5 for a ride. I kid gets rider swap added to their ticket. DW waits with DS3, while I ride with the 2 kids. Then DW takes the 2 kids again. One uses the rider swap, the other use DS3's ticket.

How does rider swap work with Genie+? Are the kids able to ride twice? We were just there this past spring and used Genie+ quite a bit, but I didn't even think about rider swap or how it might work in conjunction. We have 2 little ones and while the older is tall enough for most rides, the younger one is not. So my husband and I took turns where one of us took our daughter while the other one stayed with little one. Then once they were back, the second parent would ride, but alone. We're going back again next year, and if there's a way where we both get to ride with our kiddo that would be AWESOME.

I am also looking for advice for this! We are going with a bigger group, but I do have one little who won't be able to ride any of the big rides. (He is 3 and 34 inches tall). Can we get a rider swap for 3 people? How does it work with Genie+?

I am also looking for advice for this! We are going with a bigger group, but I do have one little who won't be able to ride any of the big rides. (He is 3 and 34 inches tall). Can we get a rider swap for 3 people? How does it work with Genie+?

If you have a bigger group it might not be an issue at all. Our last trip we did with a larger group, and when we were with other adults, we would just book us all for the same Genie+ reservation, and then my husband, our older child and I would leave little one with the other adults and ride the ride. After we got back, we'd take little one back, and watch a little one for the other adults so that THEY could ride.

It was really only an issue when we weren't with other adults - then husband and I would take turns with one of us riding with the older kid and the other riding alone. Which was fine, but I'd love to know if there was a way for older child to ride with each of us. I'm not sure if that's allowed but it's never much fun to be the adult riding alone.

Rider Swap is usually issued for 2 -- the waiting adult plus one other. It could be 2 people who both wait with the little one, or it can be someone (such as your older child) who gets to ride twice.

This is amazing! I wish I'd realized this before our last trip, but will come in very handy on the upcoming one. Thank you for clarifying.

Rider Swap is usually issued for 2 -- the waiting adult plus one other. It could be 2 people who both wait with the little one, or it can be someone (such as your older child) who gets to ride twice.
It is the person who waited plus 1. It hasnt been plus two since last fall.

We just got back from 2 weeks with 5 of us. DS3 was too short for 5 rides. We discovered by accident a way for both older kids to ride twice when doing rider swap. We typically got Genie+ for all 5 for a ride. I kid gets rider swap added to their ticket. DW waits with DS3, while I ride with the 2 kids. Then DW takes the 2 kids again. One uses the rider swap, the other use DS3's ticket.
Hi there! There are 5 of us going to WDW and my DD, although tall enough, does not like thrill rides but we will all have Genie+. When you say "ticket" were you using Magic Mobile or Magic Bands? Trying to figure the logistics of this (i.e. Cast Member not recognizing the LL being used by the incorrect guest during rider switch; in your example the child using DS3's ticket). Did you do this for multiple rides or one in particular? I've read if the non-rider is tall enough sometimes they ask you to switch at boarding... which would make this strategy impossible. Hope that makes sense and thanks for your insight!

Hi there! There are 5 of us going to WDW and my DD, although tall enough, does not like thrill rides but we will all have Genie+. When you say "ticket" were you using Magic Mobile or Magic Bands? Trying to figure the logistics of this (i.e. Cast Member not recognizing the LL being used by the incorrect guest during rider switch; in your example the child using DS3's ticket). Did you do this for multiple rides or one in particular? I've read if the non-rider is tall enough sometimes they ask you to switch at boarding... which would make this strategy impossible. Hope that makes sense and thanks for your insight!
Rider swap is for groups with children too small to ride, as they wouldn't be allowed in the queue. For a guest tall enough to ride, the swap is done at the boarding area. Imagine the abuse if they let everyone say "this one doesn't want to ride" and then got rider swap for the LL access?

Rider swap is for groups with children too small to ride, as they wouldn't be allowed in the queue. For a guest tall enough to ride, the swap is done at the boarding area. Imagine the abuse if they let everyone say "this one doesn't want to ride" and then got rider swap for the LL access?
My DS has been refused because he is tall enough. AND he is even obviously disabled but that didn't help. So I just skipped the ride because he wouldn't understand waiting in line then not riding.

I completely understand the thought process, just wish it were a consistent implementation.

Yes, it's definitely a loophole for paid LL. However, having purchased for Genie+ for DD we would have paid for access to Genie+ rides for her (or a party member who would like to ride again if she didn't). As far as individual LL go, on both SDMT and SDD she went through the queue without a LL and we swapped at the boarding area. However, there was absolutely no ensuring she didn't ride. It was simply our word that she wasn't going to (which she did not). Each time we approached the boarding area they only asked for our party number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter