Ride Restrictions

BurleyGirl

DIS Veteran
I know there is a comprehensive list of ride restrictions (particularly height) for the WDW rides. Is there such a list for DL/CA? If so, where could I find it? We have a six yr old, 46 inches tall, and just wondering what he'll be able to ride this fall. It was nice to be able to prepare him ahead of time at WDW that he would not be able to ride particular rides, so that he wasn't disappointed while standing right in front of the ride.
Thanks,
Kimberly

BurleyGirl, here's the link to the Height Restriction Listing from Disneyland.com:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/help/gsDetail?name=HeightRequirementsGSDetailPage

It looks like at 46", your son will be able to do everything except:

At Disneyland, he'll need to be a passenger in a car at Autopia (not a driver).

At California Adventure, California Screamin', Orange Stinger, and Maliboomer will be off-limits (either 48" or 52" required).

We're hoping our DD4 will be 42" when we visit in June ...
She'd be able to do so much more if she grows that extra inch ...
I guess we'll be piling on the veggies!

The official web site
[LINK IS HERE]

has the height restrictions for each attraction. Most of the attractions have the restrictions at the entrance, including all applicable cautions.

2 quick tips:

1 - Height is measured with shoes on, so if there's a ride he really wants to go on, and is just under the limit, make sure he wears shoes with a thick sole, or insert some temporary lifts.

2 - If he wants to drive on autopia, just make sure there's an adult in the line with them, then when you get to the car, put him in the drivers seat. As long as there's an adult in the vehicle they don't mind who is actually driving. We did this with our 9YO and 6YO who were both under the height limit - they steered, while we streched our legs across to reach the accelerator. Both rated it their favourite ride.

I think we'll give Autopia a try--I hadn't planned on that one, but sounds like my little guy would enjoy it, too!

Autopia is the one ride we most disagreed on - mum and dad rated it very boring, Lucy and Kate rated it the best thing in Disneyland!

For adults, this is a slow, dull ride in a small car. For kids it's the most exciting thing in the world because they actually get to drive! It's easy and safe for them to do, but the height restriction is there because they can't reach the pedal! But with a bit of help from mum or dad, they can still steer and feel they are driving which is a huge thrill.

Just a warning, our daughter was very close to the 48" height restriction for Indiana Jones awhile back. They made her take off her shoes and then measure her. She just made it. I think some rides require a more by-the-book attitude on this than others. Birnbaums also lists the height requirements in their book. It is really good to measure before you leave and prepare kids for what they may not be able to ride. If they are close, you may want to tell them they probably won't get to, that way if they do it will be a nice surprise!

Amy&Dan said:
Just a warning, our daughter was very close to the 48" height restriction for Indiana Jones awhile back. They made her take off her shoes and then measure her. She just made it. I think some rides require a more by-the-book attitude on this than others. Birnbaums also lists the height requirements in their book. It is really good to measure before you leave and prepare kids for what they may not be able to ride. If they are close, you may want to tell them they probably won't get to, that way if they do it will be a nice surprise!

Just a note, Indiana Jones is a 46 inch height limit not 48.

Here's what happened to us a few years ago...my daughter was trying to decide on whether or not to go on Indiana Jones as she was worried the ride would scare her. I told her to wait in line with us and when we got to the front we would see if she was even tall enough. When the time came, they measured her and she was tall enough but chickened out at the last minute. The next day we went back and she decided the ride would be okay and wanted to give it a try. Again we waited in line, again they measured her, this time she wasn't tall enough! Same shoes, same kid...go figure. :confused3 BTW, I think she was secretly relieved!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter