Ride intensity?

I currently have a shoulder injury and this is super helpful. I'm going to skip all coasters. This is super disappointing as Matterhorn is the only ride I haven't done as it was closed on our last visit. Also helpful to know I can sit center on star tours and ask for an aisle.

To be clear, you don't want the aisle on Star Tours as that will be further from center on the left-right axis. You will want to be toward the center left to right, and a bit towarrd the front, though maybe not the very front. There is a lot of space forward to the passengers though, so the front two rows are probably best.

To be clear, you don't want the aisle on Star Tours as that will be further from center on the left-right axis. You will want to be toward the center left to right, and a bit towarrd the front, though maybe not the very front. There is a lot of space forward to the passengers though, so the front two rows are probably best.
I was thinking Star Tours had a center aisle like ToT, but now I remember it is one row all the way across. I might skip it as I'm not sure I'll be comfortable having someone right next to my injured shoulder, even if it is DH. We'll see how it is in 3 weeks (I'm only 2 weeks post op now)

The Matterhorn bobsleds are for all intents and purposes exaxtly the same of Space Mountain. When Space was built at MK they basically used the same track design, just built a different building around it - it was the first tubular steel roller coaster! That's why the "rockets" are so low to the ground an dseat people single file - they were bobsleds! There is curently one difference, and that is that The Matterhorn still uses seat belts, while Space Mountain has the T-Bar restraints (MK Space used to use cloth seat belts). I will say that MAtterhorn feels slower because you can see where you are going, but it's VERY rough, I'd say rougher than Space Mountain since SM had a full track replacement about 12 years ago.
I went last month and didn't find it as rough as it has been in the past.

I was thinking Star Tours had a center aisle like ToT, but now I remember it is one row all the way across. I might skip it as I'm not sure I'll be comfortable having someone right next to my injured shoulder, even if it is DH. We'll see how it is in 3 weeks (I'm only 2 weeks post op now)
This reminds me that millennium falcon is too bumpy/ jerky as well.

This reminds me that millennium falcon is too bumpy/ jerky as well.

Millennium Falcon Smuggler's Run can actually vary in how bumpy it is depending on who is at the controls. I was once riding and the pilots were not doing their job at all, and the ship basically rammed into the ground the whole time. The thing wouldn't stop vibrating and it was murder on my back. If someone flies well it can be a smoother ride.

Millennium Falcon Smuggler's Run can actually vary in how bumpy it is depending on who is at the controls. I was once riding and the pilots were not doing their job at all, and the ship basically rammed into the ground the whole time. The thing wouldn't stop vibrating and it was murder on my back. If someone flies well it can be a smoother ride.
As a left pilot the one time I’ve done Smugglers run-I felt so sorry for everyone as my dad and I as pilots weren’t the best lol

Indy is pretty much exactly like DINOSAUR at Animal Kingdom. It is what they call an "Enhanced Motion Vehicle" - it's a self driving car that doesn't actually move very fast, however the seating platform is on a moving gimbal that can elevate and pitch to simulate rough terain, going downhille, etc. It can be described as rough, but not too rough really.
I have to disagree with this, just because I love Indy. I see what you mean about them being similarly styled, but Dinosaur was painful to ride. Worst ride I’ve been on.

Have to chime in with Smugglers. I've only rode once and I was going into it thinking it would be a smooth star tours. Absolutely not. If you have neck issues and are an engineer or gunner, it's rough. In order to participate your looking at the panel to your left or right and the simulator at the front all while 2 people are piloting the ship. I had a mild headache about 5 mins after getting off.
I'd ride it again, but definitely stretch my neck before hand or try and pilot.

Indy, Matterhorn, Space, Star tours are the most jerky in DL and at DCA, Goofys sky school, Incredicoaster, most intense; with Maters, luigis and fun wheel being motion induced sickness if susceptible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter