Riddle me this!

Today is Friday forme. I leave in the am for the east coast Mother's Day Weekend with 4 sisters and mother. And it is DH's birthday, I went to get his gift last night - walked into a very large store who's logo is a yellow tag, and in the department I need there are 2 sales people, one talking to 2 customers, one on the phone. No problem, I wait my turn. Finally one looks at me and says, do you have a question? I said, no, I want to buy this CD Deck (for the Van). He says oh, and goes to get it. Brings it down from the top shelf and says DO you want the extended warranty, it's 39.95 for 5 years, covers everything. I asked him, what is the manufacturers warranty, he says 30 days to return it. I said again, the manufacturers warranty? He says, oh one year parts and labor. SO I said, well we had one just like this before fore 3 years and never had a problem, so I don't think I need the extra. He starts in again about how it will protect me if the CDs get stuck inside the rollers, blah, blah, blah. And I said, so what you're telling me is that this is a peice of S*** that I am buying. He says well no, but I highly reccommend that you get the extra warranty. At that point I told him, forget it, you just cost yourself a sale. Actually 2, I was going to buy a DVD, also. I was so angry.
So today, I must get the alternate present, steps for the van, DH put bigger tires and wheels on it, and it's a hike into the seats!

Vent over, I am debating carrying this laptop with me, I don't know why, I always take it. But I won;t be online, due to I have cable ISP. Unless I get free AOL for the week, but what a PITA that is! SO I will see you all later from work, but probably not till next week after that.

Everyone, get better weather, get the roofers up and at 'em, have a good wedding (of course we will see pictures), etc etc etc.

Valerie, more thoughts for you.

I PM'd 2 excellent answers, lets see if the meister logs on from work, I have to rely on yesterpants to get me dressed!

Man, I hate it when I send my second guess when he is cummutin'...lol....Hey guys...I need some hints I know I am going to get the old standard reply!!!

Good morning, all!

Frustrating store experience, Mickey...don't you hate when that stuff happens? Happy Birthday to your DH! :)

Marla, good luck with the sale. Hope the weather cooperates for you!

Glo, congratulations!! :)

Patrick, LOL at your DW comment! I am sure Ellen will approve!:)

Elaine..have a GREAT time at the wedding...like everyone else, I will be expecting pictures!

Happy Wednesday (my bowling day!) to all!!

Good Morning Riddlers! Thanks for the clue, Bernie, PM sent.

Stephanie, from what you have said, I think the court will favour you.

Marla, good luck at your sale. I think I will have a garage sale this weekend, if I can get everything sorted through in time.

That's a great accomplishment Glo. Congratulations!

Have a great time at the wedding Elaine. Hope everything goes well!

Have fun on your trip, Marsha! Happy Birthday to your Dh!

Tim and I sept in this morning so he was late for school. Dan has a spare first period so he wasn't up either. What is it with teenagers ~ they're late and they STILL don't move any faster! He didn't want a ride to school, but I insisted! ;)

Have a great Wednesday everyone! :)

Well I am annoyed with stuff at work. I thought I would have a lot more I would need to do and truth be told, some things aren't working right so I am slowly giving up for the week :p

DD, I hope your daughter is feeling better today :)

Thanks for those special pants Bernie, I am sure my sister will appreciate me being dressed ;)

Pictures??? Well I will be IN the wedding so I am not sure what I can take. I will make sure some are taken of me and hopefully some at the reception. It all depends on what Luis is willing to take at the wedding. It's the new camera and I am not sure what he is comfortable with yet.

Marsha, have a great weekend with your family! It sounds like it will be a good one. I must say that I have had almost the exact same frustrations that you have had with that same store (yellow tag). They drive me batty there and I usually buy elsewhere whenever I can. Sorry they caused you such a headache.

Wow, a lot of people slept in today. I would have loved to. I think I get to on Friday as I am taking the day off. I should be busy with the last minute vaccuming, running to the mall & then the rehersal & dinner after. Well I suppose I ought to make myself look busy for a while ;)

If the yellow tag store is the one with falling prices, I dislike that store too. You have to really be careful that the price on the shelf matches the one that is rung up.

if they are always lowering the prices, how come things aren't *free* yet at that yellow-tag store??!

I must be thinking of a different yellow tag store. I'm thinking of one with a yellow tag on the sign.

Although I agree for the one you are talking about, if they are always lowering prices, how come you can't get anything for free there?

Elaine, I know which one you mean now. It is mostly an electronics store. The only one I've been to is over 30 minutes away.

PM sent. I read the riddle this morning to DD. We puzzled over it all day and finally came up with what we think is the correct answer.

I've had a busy day. Just finally had a chance at the computer a while ago. Didn't ever have time to read today's thread. Hope you are all doing well. Maybe I can play catchup tomorrow.

Goodnight, or maybe I should say good morning?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter