RFID Blocking Bags

Has anybody found some affordable RFID blocking bags that are just the right size to hold a magic band or two?

If so, could you please tell me where you found them?

A computer store or electronics store should have them. You are looking for a plastic (Mylar) static bag that they ship computer cards or parts in. They are plastic but have a metallic coating on them. You may even swing by a local computer shop and see if they have one they would be willing to give you. You can also store them in a metal can or anything that is metal all around. You can also get some fine mesh metal window screen and make it into an envelop. The metallic plastic bag or screen creates a Faraday cage that blocks RF signals. If in a pinch, you can also wrap them in aluminum foil...same deal. The bands are passive and active but they usually do not transmit unless told to do so. Blocking the trigger signal keeps them "off" so to speak. They are always listening but only transmitting when asked to do so.

The readers can't even read the stupid chip if it is not 100% perfectly lined up. They can't get proper wifi in the parks. And you think they can read whether you are on a bus or in the bathroom ?? It would be comical if it wasn't so sad.

And I'd like Disney to read that I'm waiting at the bus stop and have been for 30+ mins. Read it and get a darn bus out there!

So dang true, all of it!

However, just because they say that your personal information isn't stored in the band doesn't make it true.

But WHY do you think they would put info like CC onto the band? That's just opening themselves up to problems.

And why not just get the card? WHY get the band at all? From the info in the box the bands came in:

"If you prefer, you may alect to use an RF card instead of a MagicBand. The card contains a passive HF radio frequency chip and cannot be detected by the long-range readers. You can learn more about our privacy and data collection policies by visiting MyDisneyExperience.com/privacy."

Instead of getting the bands then blocking them, just use the card.

For all those arguing on here, and those trolling...eh em.

I believe there was a post here in the rumors board where someone decoded a magic band and showed exactly what's in it, so rather than arguing over he said she said, maybe use the search function.

I'll save a step. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3171483

I'll save another. PF said "I would find it highly dubious if Disney put one's address and credit card number in the MagicBand's encrypted storage. In a PCI DSS audit I don't think having the credit card data in there would fly even if it was encrypted. More than likely any credit card data is secured in Disney's servers where they have more control over the encrypted data.

If one were to worry about RFIDs, worry about credit cards that have RFIDs and how easily it would be to steal that information, the data that is kept on one's passport, and the data that's on one's state ID. I would be more concerned with the data mining on me done by every single company I do business with than one RFID chip that could be used to triangulate my location in a theme park that I'm going to attend for a week."

RFID blocking bags are stinkin' heavy. Not something I want to carry around at a themepark! I'd get the cards and not use the bands if I were worried.

And I would trust the legally-vetted info that they give us, which is that our CC info is not ON the bands, but is on the accounts.

Just in case this isn't a troll post, and is a legitimate concern...

I work with RFID tags. Something as simple as a small, foil lined lunch tote will interfere with many RFID signals. No need to buy expensive wallets when you could probably get a small insulated lunch bag to stick your band in. These types of bags are easy to find...heck, some grocery stores resell them as re-useable bags in their check out lanes!

Personally, I plan on using my magicband but I also believe in giving people options.

Just in case this isn't a troll post, and is a legitimate concern...

I work with RFID tags. Something as simple as a small, foil lined lunch tote will interfere with many RFID signals. No need to buy expensive wallets when you could probably get a small insulated lunch bag to stick your band in. These types of bags are easy to find...heck, some grocery stores resell them as re-useable bags in their check out lanes!

Personally, I plan on using my magicband but I also believe in giving people options.

Thanks. My BIL works for the Military and suggested that I line a baggie with heavy duty aluminum foil. He said it will work the same and I already have what I need. Geesh, I should have thought of that.

bumbershoot;49889458 And why not just get the card? WHY get the band at all? From the info in the box the bands came in: "If you prefer said:
you may alect to use an RF card instead of a MagicBand. [/B] The card contains a passive HF radio frequency chip and cannot be detected by the long-range readers. You can learn more about our privacy and data collection policies by visiting MyDisneyExperience.com/privacy."

What does that mean? I am assuming you mean elect. But why would anybody get MBs for the convenience of FP+ and then select a card?

What does that mean? I am assuming you mean elect. But why would anybody get MBs for the convenience of FP+ and then select a card?

Some ppl don't want to wear a band. They really aren't comfortable (seems to be a wrist shape thing) for all people. Some ppl don't want to give the kids bands they may lose, others just don't want the band. The card is also an option for those ppl.

I think it would be great for Disney to know about bus use. The buses could be directed based on real data.... haven't you been there at least once, 30 people waiting at hotel x for a DHS bus while one bus after another arrives to pick up nobody going to DTD, etc.? Or at the end of the evening if they knew that 200 of the 350 people who just left the park are going back to CSR? They could tag a handful of buses to that stop?

Bathrooms could be cleaned after so many guests.... or additional Mousekeepers could be routed to particularly busy restrooms....

My parents say I was an imaginative child. :|

But WHY do you think they would put info like CC onto the band? That's just opening themselves up to problems.

And why not just get the card? WHY get the band at all? From the info in the box the bands came in:

"If you prefer, you may alect to use an RF card instead of a MagicBand. The card contains a passive HF radio frequency chip and cannot be detected by the long-range readers. You can learn more about our privacy and data collection policies by visiting MyDisneyExperience.com/privacy."

Instead of getting the bands then blocking them, just use the card.

But that is not the whole quote. It actually says

"The MagicBand uses radio frequency (RF) technology and can be read by short and long-range readers located at the Walt Disney World Resort. If you prefer to use an RF card, which cannot be detected by long-range readers, you can request an RF card at your Disney Resort hotel, and you do not need to customize your MagicBand."

I take that to mean that the cards can still be read by the short-range readers.

Not sure what the difference is, though, in what can be detected.

Maggie

Mother Gothel said:

The RFID cards can still access Fast Pass+

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter