RFID Blocking Bags

Mother Gothel

Mouseketeer
Has anybody found some affordable RFID blocking bags that are just the right size to hold a magic band or two?

If so, could you please tell me where you found them?

Why are you trying to block the bands? They need to be read to work and they don't hold your personal information on them.

Has anybody found some affordable RFID blocking bags that are just the right size to hold a magic band or two?

If so, could you please tell me where you found them?

1. out of curiosity: why?

2. The only non-retail place I can think of is through an EZPass agency who ships/mails electronic tolling transponders enclosed in those bags. Worth a shot asking them if they have any spares you can have, unless you know someone with EZPass who would be willing to let them go.

Pacsafe makes them. They come as small as credit card size and as big as a large bag. You might also check idstronghold.com.

I am sure the apologists will come out and attack you for desiring such a thing. Having friends that work in a field where they have been a part of creating GPS, RFID and other tracking devices, I do not blame you for wanting one. Disney doesn't need to know when you are on the toilet, on a bus, etc.

Having friends that work in a field where they have been a part of creating GPS, RFID and other tracking devices, I do not blame you for wanting one. Disney doesn't need to know when you are on the toilet, on a bus, etc.

I totally agree with this. But, you put your finger on an issue separate from whether data can be "stored" on the RFID bands (I honestly don't know whether that's even possible or if the RFIDs in the MBs are read-only).

Pacsafe makes them. They come as small as credit card size and as big as a large bag. You might also check idstronghold.com.

I am sure the apologists will come out and attack you for desiring such a thing. Having friends that work in a field where they have been a part of creating GPS, RFID and other tracking devices, I do not blame you for wanting one. Disney doesn't need to know when you are on the toilet, on a bus, etc.

No you're right. There's only your iPhone or other GPS enabled device that most people carry on them for that.

ETA... I seriously don't get how some of you even leave your houses. LOL Really. Are you that paranoid that Disney or someone else is tracking your every move?

I fixed your quote above. ;)

Well gee, if a Disney exec said it, it must be true. :rolleyes1 :sad2: Now, THAT is naive.

I know more than I ever wanted to about RFID chips/tracking devices.....just because somebody said they do not store your information doesn't mean they aren't.

The readers can't even read the stupid chip if it is not 100% perfectly lined up. They can't get proper wifi in the parks. And you think they can read whether you are on a bus or in the bathroom ?? It would be comical if it wasn't so sad.

And I'd like Disney to read that I'm waiting at the bus stop and have been for 30+ mins. Read it and get a darn bus out there!

Well gee, if a Disney exec said it, it must be true. :rolleyes1 :sad2: Now, THAT is naive.

I know more than I ever wanted to about RFID chips/tracking devices.....just because somebody said they do not store your information doesn't mean they aren't.

All of your information is already on the MDE database, IF you use it.

The readers can't even read the stupid chip if it is not 100% perfectly lined up. They can't get proper wifi in the parks. And you think they can read whether you are on a bus or in the bathroom ?? It would be comical if it wasn't so sad.

And I'd like Disney to read that I'm waiting at the bus stop and have been for 30+ mins. Read it and get a darn bus out there

ROFL

I think it is ones choice to purchase an RFID blocking bag, but at the same time being on a message board, facebook, using a cell phone, paying by a credit card etc kinda defeats the purpose of said blocking bag no?

No you're right. There's only your iPhone or other GPS enabled device that most people carry on them for that.

ETA... I seriously don't get how some of you even leave your houses. LOL Really. Are you that paranoid that Disney or someone else is tracking your every move?

Nope, not paranoid. I have nothing to be afraid of and nothing to hide. They put black boxes on cars, RFID chips in clothing, etc. It is unavoidable. But seriously, the execs at Disney don't need to know your every move for their own personal analysis. However, just because they say that your personal information isn't stored in the band doesn't make it true.

I think it's naive to believe that Disney wasn't already tracking your every move in the park. They already knew when you were on the throne or on the bus. I think if you're worried about being monitored to that degree, it may be time to take another vacation. I'm saying this as a non-apologist.

Are you that paranoid that Disney or someone else is tracking your every move?

For me, it's less about that. It's the irritating notion that for-profit companies use me and my family's movements, behaviors, preferences, habits, curiosities, spending choices, idiosyncracies, entertainment choices to either:

1. sell that data to their partners or third-parties;
2. target market/target mail to me; or
3. who knows what else

...without compensating me for it.

If they want to give us each a $25 gift card for this data, then maybe I'd consider it.

That all being said, I know I "don't HAVE to use the MBs."

(Yeah, right. Disney has brilliantly made it such that I really don't have a say in the matter if I want to see any of their major attractions before midnight. ;) )

I think (?) you got my point then with my edit... All we know is what Disney tells us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter