Reviews for 1/13-18

Paticake

DIS Veteran
Arrived at CBR very late on Friday 1/12.
1/13-Breakfast -CBR food court-I had pancakes with blueberry and strawberry sauce(this would be my only YOAMD prize LOL)my dh had the breakfast platter. These were both pretty good.
Lunch- Beaches and Cream-we both had cheeseburgers and frappes, excellent!
Dinner -late dinner at CBR food court. I had a chicken caesar salad and minestrone soup, dh had chili dog with fries.Again both were pretty good. I really liked the soup.

1/14-Breakfast CBR food court again. I had a coissant and fruit, dh had mickey waffles with sausage.Once again reasonably good.
Lunch -AK-Tusker House,it was pretty busy. We both had rotisserie chicken dinners.These were very good although it took us awhile to find seating.
Dinner-Met our ds and dil at OKW,they had just arrived and we watched the Patriot's game at Gurgling Suitcase. Great drinks! We headed to extra magic hours at MK and ate dinner at Pecos Bill's. Cheeseburgers for all except my son had the pulled pork. We like the topping bar.The food was ok.

1/15. Checked into OKW and met up with our ds and dil.
Late breakfast-Seasons food court in the land.I had a coissant and fresh strawberries,dh had a breakfast sandwich, ds had a sushi platter and dil had just a drink as she had eaten in the room.
Lunch-Yorkshire fish and chips for all.Pretty good ,my fish seemed a little over cooked. We had dessert at the French bake shop, yum and magaritas for all in Mexico.
Dinner- We took the boat from OKW to DTD and ate at the Earl of Sandwich. I had the caprese-very good and don't remember what everyone else had but all were happy.We stopped at Goofy"s on the way back and me and dil got caramel apples with various toppings, OMG! They were great!

1/16-Breakfast at Olivia's-Excellent potatoes,we all had eggs ,bacon, sausage or hash with the exception of our dil who had pancakes. We will most definitely eat here again.
Late lunch-Fulton's-very good. We took advantage of the 30% off for DVC members.We each had either clam chowder or lobster bisque, good bread, really good cheese spread and flatbreads(they give you the cheese spread recipe) we also split a shrimp cocktail(great shrimp)and 3 of us had the cobb salad (great)and dh had the grilled scallops which he loved.
Late dinner at OKW-cheesburgers, chicken fingers and hot dogs.Nothing special.

1/17-Breakfast in the room.
Lunch-Hot dogs at Casey's
Dinner-Our only PS of this trip-Le Cellier for dh and I-Excellent as usual. I had cheese soup , the filet and creamed spinach gratinee. Dh had cheese soup and an excellent steak(sorry can't remember what kind) We enjoyed talking to 2 other couples,(1 couple from the DIS) All in all a great dinner!
Ds and dil ate at the sit down restaurant in Mexico and said it was just ok. They were able to call in the morning for a 7:00pm PS

1/18-Ds and dil heading home.
Breakfast in room .
Lunch -Season's food court in the Land. I had the beef flatbread salad and dh had the Asian entree-beef , chicken white rice- both were really good.
Dinner-Wolfgang Puck Express We both had pizzas which were very good!

We were at WDW in Oct and had several PS. This time we really wanted a looser schedule so this worked well for us. Our ds and dil only decide to join us about a month before the trip. They said they also did not want a bunch of PS's. After they arrived we tried to get a PS for O'hana or California Grill We could have gotten both on each night but not until 9:30 which is too late for me. We really enjoyed this trip and being able to be flexible. As DVC owners we know we will be back but if there are specific places you want to eat do make your PS's ahead of time.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter