Reverse online checkin? Better chance of room being ready?

lklasing

Told that I need DA meetings - Disney Anonymous
I checked in online the other day for our March 30 trip, and then started thinking that I wish I hadn't. I always check in online ahead of time and usually have room requests, and we always have to wait until at least 4:00 or later to be able to get into our room. Last month, we traveled with friends who were staying at the same resort (BWV) but who didn't check in online, and their room was ready upon checkin (at 10:00 a.m.). So now I'm thinking that maybe the fact that I did online checkin, with room requests no less, resulted in our room being assigned a few days ahead of time, meaning that we have to wait until that particular room is ready to be able to get in (rather than possibly being assigned one that is ready and waiting upon our arrival).

Am I right about that? If so, is there any way to un-do the online checkin? Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

I don't believe you can undo the online check-in. Are you making multiple requests regarding room location? Because I've done online check-in several times and had great luck with my room being ready before 4:00pm. But I usually only request a section of the resort or a building, but not multiple requests which would limit the pool of rooms available to fulfill my requests.

I sometimes do make fairly specific requests, which I know has contributed to me having to wait on prior trips. This time we are getting there early again, but I truly don't care about which room or building (SSR preferred). So I was hoping that that would help the room be ready upon arrival, but then I started thinking that the fact that I've already checked in online probably messed that plan up (even with no room requests). :sad2:

ALL rooms are assigned a few days ahead of time, whether there are requests or not. Sometimes, readiness is luck of the draw on when someone checks out the night before.

Well, dang. Maybe I'll get lucky this time. Thanks!

Do you mind sharing the purpose of online check-in? Because you still have to wait in line when you get there, don't you?

Do you mind sharing the purpose of online check-in? Because you still have to wait in line when you get there, don't you?
Some people who do online check in get texted their room numbers before they even arrive, so they just head right to their rooms.

Not always. I have never been texted my room number upon arrival, so I go to the front desk. My daughter was texted her room number on the way to the resort. I am not sure why some do and some do not.

Truthfully, I like to knwo I have my requests in and that I am good to go no matter whether I am going to the desk first or my room. I always end up at the desk for one reason or another anyway, and use that opportunity to meet and to thank the CM's working there.

I checked in online the other day for our March 30 trip, and then started thinking that I wish I hadn't. I always check in online ahead of time and usually have room requests, and we always have to wait until at least 4:00 or later to be able to get into our room. Last month, we traveled with friends who were staying at the same resort (BWV) but who didn't check in online, and their room was ready upon checkin (at 10:00 a.m.). So now I'm thinking that maybe the fact that I did online checkin, with room requests no less, resulted in our room being assigned a few days ahead of time, meaning that we have to wait until that particular room is ready to be able to get in (rather than possibly being assigned one that is ready and waiting upon our arrival).

Am I right about that? If so, is there any way to un-do the online checkin? Any other thoughts?

Thanks!
I always do online check-in and most times are room is ready upon arrival. We just returned and I had done online check-in. We arrived at the resort at 10:45 am and our room was ready. The key might be that you are doing room requests. I never do that. Not sure if that makes a big difference.

Thanks!
The villas building has a later check in time than regular resort rooms. Your friend just got lucky to have a room ready at 10 am. ;) Rooms are assigned several days ahead of time whether you do online check in or not. Even if you could "undo" online check in, it wouldn't make any difference as to whether your room was ready or not when you arrive. :)

It all depends on the resort but we have been able to skip the front desk entirely and go straight to our room for several of our resort stays. :)

I may be the lone wolf here, but one reason I don't do online check-in is so that I can have the interaction with the CMs.
Doing online check in doesn't prevent anyone from going to the front desk first. :) We often interact with the CMs before going to our room just to check to see what the room location is. If we don't like the room assigned to us than we can see if it can be changed before we go through the trouble of walking to it.

Most times you will receive a text message that your room is ready. We just returned from a trip and received the text while we were being given our room info. Our daughter received a text that her room was almost ready. By the time she got to the desk, she received another text that her room was ready.

I may be the lone wolf here, but one reason I don't do online check-in is so that I can have the interaction with the CMs.
I am the same way. They can tell you about where the room is, and if there are any activities going on etc.

is there any way to un-do the online checkin? Any other thoughts?

you can't undo online check in

but you can do it again, it will replace the first one

if disney hasn't changed the process, you'll notice a checkbox that says something like "prioritize room readiness". If you check this box, all room requests will be ignored, and they will try to get you the first room that's ready in the category you've booked

also enter an early arrival time

Last edited:
I use to not do online check-in because we have a RO reservation and I would want to payoff the balance using my GC's when we checked in. With online check-in, any remaining balance is charged against your CC on file, 1st thing in the morning when they process the rooms for the day. And it has been a hassle to have them reverse it. The last couple of trips we have paid it off before our trip and have used online check-in. I like it because if we do get a text while we are on the road, I can go online and see where the room is located and if we do not like it, call them at that time. As for resort activities, I would have already printed out the monthly activity list before even leaving on our trip:)

you can't undo online check in

but you can do it again, it will replace the first one

if disney hasn't changed the process, you'll notice a checkbox that says something like "prioritize room readiness". If you check this box, all room requests will be ignored, and they will try to get you the first room that's ready in the category you've booked

also enter an early arrival time

Swooping in here to say THANK you for this response. I hate starting a new thread if I can find my answer and this was GREAT. I was nervous about doing online check in because I plan on arriving early and hope and pray we can take our stuff onto the room. I have had luck in the past 2 stays with online/early check in but I know things are always changing.:thanks::thanks:

I do both. I love the check list item of checking in online. Means the trip is getting closer. We've been lucky to get our text with our room number almost every trip (not 100% but close) I still stop at the front desk in most cases. The only times I don't is when we do value resorts for 1 night when we arrive really late. Those stays I'm glad that I can just go right to our room and not wait in line to delay getting to bed even earlier. Most of the time, we arrive early and we stop at the desk to check in because I like it

I always do online check-in and, very often, have also gotten our room early. Sometimes we get our room number texted to us. On our last trip, I got a text when we landed that our room wasn't quite ready yet so we hopped on DME and headed to BC. When we got there, I simply went to the desk to check-in and the CM found us a room that was ready that worked for us. She said "how about a room with two queens and a balcony?" Sure! I'm assuming she changed our original room assignment. I would suggest, if your room number isn't texted to you, simply go to the front desk and see if their is a room ready that sounds good to you. If there is, take it! If not, wait for the room that was assigned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter