Reunion Resort Review

BigredNole

DIS Veteran
I was debating whether to post a review or keep this place a secret. I decided to share my experience so others can decide for themselves.

Reasons to go to Reunion (Wyndham/Worldmark)
  1. If you love golf, those three courses are impressive. Onsite guests is not outrageous after 2 or 3PM
  2. Room sizes are great. 3BR/3BA in each. Can fit 10 people in a room.
  3. Waterpark is a lot of fun and not overly crowded. There are also another 10 pools around that can be used.
  4. Tons of dining options from pool bar to the top restaurants on site. This is a very well-to-do community and the resorts are a part of it. There are a ton of well off homeowners that pay huge club fees and HOA fees.
Reasons not to go to Reunion
  1. Distance is not as close as others, but it is not horrible. 15-20 minutes from room exit to park entrance if you are a rope drop person. Its about 20-25 minutes to the monorail station at MK. Still it is much faster than Disney transportation by about 20-30 minutes each way. Our trips from door-to-TTS were about 20-25 minutes. From monorail to MK entrance averaged about 30 minutes on top of that. Yes, monorail from TTC to MK entrance was about 30 minutes on average.
  2. If you need planned activities for everyone in the family, they have very few there, especially for kids.
  3. There are no grills on property like at WBC or others. We were on the 1st floor and I am sure I could have gone off into the grass with a charcoal grill with no one complaining. I think it is probably frowned upon.

Thanks for your review! I have an RCI trade here for our August trip. I have a few questions-
1. Were you in the main tower or in the outer units?
2. Is it walkable to the surrounding pools?
3. Was there a fee to use the water park and if so, how much?
4. Did you have a chance to use the dryer- seems like this was a common complaint (not drying) in the reviews.
5. Would you go back?

Thank you!!

We are renting a house that is in Reunion Resort for our trip in October. It looks really nice!

We are renting a house that is in Reunion Resort for our trip in October. It looks really nice!

I considering renting one for a last minute trip in about 2 weeks. Looks beautiful but there's not much talk here on the area.

I considering renting one for a last minute trip in about 2 weeks. Looks beautiful but there's not much talk here on the area.

I know...I hope I don't regret it. We rented though Magical Vacation Homes, who is a sponsor here on the Dis, so I took that into consideration. We only paid around $1200 total for a week, and that includes taxes, fees, and, trip insurance, and it's a 4-bedroom house with a pool. The pictures are gorgeous, so I'm thinking we're going to love it!

I know...I hope I don't regret it. We rented though Magical Vacation Homes, who is a sponsor here on the Dis, so I took that into consideration. We only paid around $1200 total for a week, and that includes taxes, fees, and, trip insurance, and it's a 4-bedroom house with a pool. The pictures are gorgeous, so I'm thinking we're going to love it!

Please come back and let me know how it was. I think I'm going to go with the Contemporary Resort. It's been a long time and I'm interested in being close to the parks for a change. But Reunion looks beautiful.

@BigredNole Did you have to pay for waterpark access on your reservation? I just won a week in August on SkyAuction for $320 and want to know what extra charges to expect.

I just won a week in August on SkyAuction for $320 and want to know what extra charges to expect.

I got my deal through SkyAuction's eBay store. There were no extra charges at all. It came with 8 waterpark passes per day. The passes are tied to room keys, so it is not a physical pass. I don't think there is a hard lock at 8 either. If there were 10 in the room and all 10 went, I don't think they would care.

So you are aware, there is a $710 credit card hold for any resort charges you may have. It went up from $400 in June. No big deal. If you don't use it, it is all refunded at the end of the trip. Adult and kids beverages are expensive on property. I know resorts charge more for drinks, but this was even above that. I frozen cocktail is about $14. We paid $7 at OLR for the same thing. They don't allow coolers at the waterpark, but I don't think it really stopped people from bringing small ones.

I got my deal through SkyAuction's eBay store. There were no extra charges at all. It came with 8 waterpark passes per day. The passes are tied to room keys, so it is not a physical pass. I don't think there is a hard lock at 8 either. If there were 10 in the room and all 10 went, I don't think they would care.

So you are aware, there is a $710 credit card hold for any resort charges you may have. It went up from $400 in June. No big deal. If you don't use it, it is all refunded at the end of the trip. Adult and kids beverages are expensive on property. I know resorts charge more for drinks, but this was even above that. I frozen cocktail is about $14. We paid $7 at OLR for the same thing. They don't allow coolers at the waterpark, but I don't think it really stopped people from bringing small ones.

Thank you for the info. The security deposit was listed in the auction, so I was aware of that, but I'll be sure to avoid ordering drinks unless I want sticker shock!

Thanks for your review! I have an RCI trade here for our August trip. I have a few questions-
1. Were you in the main tower or in the outer units?
2. Is it walkable to the surrounding pools?
3. Was there a fee to use the water park and if so, how much?
4. Did you have a chance to use the dryer- seems like this was a common complaint (not drying) in the reviews.
5. Would you go back?

Thank you!!
Sorry missed the questions...
1. 3BR units are in the outer areas. I think they are considered North and South sections. We were in North.
2. Some pools are close and others are farther depending on location. The internal shuttle is pretty convenient.
3. Wyndham and Worldmark do not have a fee for the waterpark. If you are in a house, I think you have to pay the fee and I think it is $10/person/day. I would never pay that to be there.
4. Washer and dryers are an issue. If your unit is broken, there is laundry service. I was told if it was the case, to use it, contact Wyndham after, and Wyndham would refund the laundry fee.
5. I would go back in a heartbeat. Would I prefer staying at WBC? Probably. However, I have found nothing at the price point I got the unit for. $550 for 7-nights during the Summer. Best WBC rate I received was $500 in a 2BR.

Sorry missed the questions...
1. 3BR units are in the outer areas. I think they are considered North and South sections. We were in North.
2. Some pools are close and others are farther depending on location. The internal shuttle is pretty convenient.
3. Wyndham and Worldmark do not have a fee for the waterpark. If you are in a house, I think you have to pay the fee and I think it is $10/person/day. I would never pay that to be there.
4. Washer and dryers are an issue. If your unit is broken, there is laundry service. I was told if it was the case, to use it, contact Wyndham after, and Wyndham would refund the laundry fee.
5. I would go back in a heartbeat. Would I prefer staying at WBC? Probably. However, I have found nothing at the price point I got the unit for. $550 for 7-nights during the Summer. Best WBC rate I received was $500 in a 2BR.

Thanks for the information. I ended up canceling my reservation because I was able to grab a last minute trade (RCI) with WBC which I prefer. Might keep it as a back up if I can’t get SSR or WBC next year. Thanks again for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter