Restaurants without a children's menu

Abra Cat

DIS Veteran
Hi all-- quick (hopefully!) question for you. When you use the dining plan at a restaurant like Pizza Planet, which doesn't have a children's menu, how are the credits taken off your tally? I've read here that they're being more strict about which credits are for adults and which are for children, so if I'm ordering for myself and two of my kids, are all three going to come off my adult credits, since they're not technically "children's" meals? Thanks in advance-- this will be my fourth or fifth time using the plan, and I can't believe I still have questions!

I am just back and noticed that the TS credits were seperated, but not the CS, so it really didn't make a difference. We ate at Pizza Planet and many others and the CS credits were all on the same receipt and did not say Child or Adult like the TS did. They were just like the snack credits. I kept track personally with a chart I brought, but we were there for 2 weeks and I started losing track and it really didn't matter. Hope this helps.

Thanks! And lucky you, with the two weeks... :thumbsup2 (is there not a jealous smilie? I guess this one will have to suffice)

I am just back and noticed that the TS credits were seperated, but not the CS, so it really didn't make a difference. We ate at Pizza Planet and many others and the CS credits were all on the same receipt and did not say Child or Adult like the TS did. They were just like the snack credits. I kept track personally with a chart I brought, but we were there for 2 weeks and I started losing track and it really didn't matter. Hope this helps.

When you use the dining plan at a restaurant like Pizza Planet, which doesn't have a children's menu, how are the credits taken off your tally?
Currently, enforcement of the rule you're referring to (see graphic below) is on the honor system, so if you're 1 adult and 2 children eating there, just consider the 3 CS as 1 adult CS and 2 child CS.

ChildAndAdultCredits.JPG

Right, I have no problem with following the rules-- I just want to make sure I'm not going to lose adult credits because I had no choice but to order an adult meal for my child (of course, I know I have a choice-- I can go to another restaurant that has a children's menu. But my kids are looking forward to Pizza Planet). Thanks.

Currently, enforcement of the rule you're referring to (see graphic below) is on the honor system, so if you're 1 adult and 2 children eating there, just consider the 3 CS as 1 adult CS and 2 child CS.

ChildAndAdultCredits.JPG

The brochure states that children 3-9 must order from the children's menu if there is one. If there isn't they just order from the one menu for everyone, and the credits will be deducted as if they were ordering a children's meal. Luckily, there aren't too many CS places like this- Pizza Planet, Catalina Eddie's, Cool Wash Pizza, Sommerfest, Yorkshire County Fish Shop, Casey's Corner, and Pete's Doggone Good Dogs are the only ones I can think of.

I'm not sure about the "luckily" part -- I think a lot of people deliberately aim for the eateries that don't have child menus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter