Restaurants To Go

shaqfor3

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone

I wonder if there are areas with tables were you can sit and eat your to go food on the hotels. The 2 I am more interested are Konas Cafe To Go and Steakhouse 71 To Go in

I like the idea over eating in the restaurant as

1. No reservation is needed so I can go eat whenever I feel hungry.

2. Save time as food should be ready when I arrive.

Thank you all for your time

The only area I know of is one at Sanaa. And from what I've seen at the hotels I know of that offer food to go, no one (including Sanaa) has designated areas, set up by the restaurant for eating the "food to go". Every one I've seen just assumes you will either find a nearby place to sit, or will take it back to your resort room (if you're close enough). For example, if some one's ordering food from Kona Cafe to go, perhaps they know the Great Ceremonial House well enough to know where there's a place to sit and eat. Or maybe they're staying at the Poly, and will just take their food back to the room.

Poly/Kona To Go: The tables outside of Captain Cook's. If before 3pm then the tables at Trader Sam's Tiki Terrace (the outdoor area basically right next to the Captain Cook's tables) are also available.

CR/Steakhouse 71: There are several tables in various spots by the marina and outside the pool gates by the kids splash area. (This is a great option for a quick MK lunch break, IMHO)

Hope that helps!

You could eat at the tables by the quick service at both hotels. Know that the food might not be super quick when you order. We had looked into getting steak71 for lunch one day and the pick up time next available was 2 hours from then. So we ended up having to go somewhere else

The only time we've done the To Go options at these restaurants is when we were taking the food back to our room. It's too much of a risk to pick it up and just hope you can find a table somewhere. What would your back up be if you couldn't? I'm risk adverse though (aka, never gambled even 1 dime in a slot machine kinda person)
If I was going to try and eat near the restaurant, I'd just dine at the restaurant.
Usually those with the ones with a To Go option are pretty easy to get tables in. Often even have the join the wait list choice on the app. So I'll check for the soonest ADR, or waitlist time and take it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter