Restaurants near Hilton Grand Vacations Club Resort near SeaWorld?

Cinerama261

Mouseketeer
We will be staying at the Hilton Grand Vacations Club Resort near SeaWorld 8/13-20. The units look very nice on their web site. There are six of us that will be staying in a 3-bedroom unit. I traded in my timeshare in Vermont.

Please let me know what restaurants are near the Resort. For breakfast and lunch we will probably eat at the condo but, go out for dinner. I'm not looking for anything expensive. Mostly fast food like McDonald's, pizza, Chinese or maybe a Chilis, Friendly's, etc.

Thanks!

Roland

If you go onto International Boulevard they have most of the chain restaraunts. There is Chilis, Fridays, Olive Garden, fast food and some other restaraunts. We likes Amigos, it was southwestern/mexican.

Cinerama261 said:
We will be staying at the Hilton Grand Vacations Club Resort near SeaWorld 8/13-20. The units look very nice on their web site. There are six of us that will be staying in a 3-bedroom unit. I traded in my timeshare in Vermont.

Please let me know what restaurants are near the Resort. For breakfast and lunch we will probably eat at the condo but, go out for dinner. I'm not looking for anything expensive. Mostly fast food like McDonald's, pizza, Chinese or maybe a Chilis, Friendly's, etc.

Thanks!

Roland

My sister was trying to get into Disney with her timeshares from Club intrawest, but there is an imbalance... so we are looking into the Hilton Grand Vacation club for Jan 07... Please let me know how you liked it there when you come back... thank you.

We stayed there last summer in a 2 bedroom. It was one of the nicer time shares we have stayed in. Master bedroom had jacuzzi tub with shower and bath in separate room and big screen tv in living room. There are two main pools right next to each other and they were nice. If you make a left on to International drive and go a mile or two that is where all the restaurants are, to the right and a few miles is the outlet mall and the best Publix in the world. :yay:

Thank you for the information. I'll let you know how the time share is when we get back.

Thanks!

Roland

jamounger said:
We stayed there last summer in a 2 bedroom. It was one of the nicer time shares we have stayed in. Master bedroom had jacuzzi tub with shower and bath in separate room and big screen tv in living room. There are two main pools right next to each other and they were nice. If you make a left on to International drive and go a mile or two that is where all the restaurants are, to the right and a few miles is the outlet mall and the best Publix in the world. :yay:
Sounds nice.... so I should not be dissapointed if I can't get into Disney for my 2nd week... :)

I just stayed at the Hilton Grand Vacations near Sea World this past June (I'm assuming you mean the Hilton Grand Vacations on Grand Vacations Way, which is directly opposite Sea World, and not the other Hilton Grand Vacations which is further down the street). We had a two-bedroom suite with another couple. The rooms were very nice. The main suite had a couch, chairs, long dining room table, television, kitchen (fully-equipped, including dishes, silverware, toaster, cookware, dishwashing detergent; anything you can think of). There was also a washer/dryer (with laundry soap included). The bedroom off of the main area had a jacuzzi. The second bedroom actually also had its own refrigerator and sink area (small, but also had plates, etc.). The unit we were in had a fantastic balcony and you could see the fireworks from Sea World every night (we may have gotten this balcony room because the other couple we were with was thinking of purchasing a timeshare here).

The hotel has two pools and tons of activities every day - there is actually a schedule - everything from beading classes to dive-in movies to karaoke. There is a store on-site which stocks all the usual items, at the usual high prices. There is also a Pizza Hut counter in the shop and the shop itself has sandwiches, muffins, etc. (I didn't try any of these).

The hotel runs a shuttle everyday to the various parks, but we found it difficult to use. The shuttle to Universal/Island and Sea World is free for hotel guests - you go to the front desk in the morning and get a "pass". The problem we encountered was that there was not enough room in the shuttle to take everyone on the first trip in the morning - frustrating when you got up early in the mornings to get to the parks. It seemed to bring out the worst in some people (i.e. people running up to the shuttle when it arrived, when they had clearly arrived at the shuttle stop after other people). The shuttle drivers were very nice, and maybe the small shuttle was unusual, but that was really the only negative to our trip. The taxis one-way to Universal were about $15.00.

Housekeeping cleans the rooms once every 3-4 days.

To get to Sea World, we realized you could just walk. There really isn't a "path" from the hotel to Sea World (maybe walking is not encouraged), but it only takes about 10 minutes to walk (once you figure out the shortest way, which is pretty much a diagonal between the hotel and the park entrance). You have to cut through a row of bushes at one point.

There are also shuttles to Disney (for approximately $10, I believe).

There were many, many places to eat nearby if you had a car. You can check out the International Drive website for a listing of restaurants (I don't know what the site it, but you should be able to find it easily - they mailed a map to my house).

I hope this helps. It's a long post, but I wish I had had some of this information prior to my trip.

Have a great time! It was a very nice hotel overall (not "magical", but nothing to complain about) :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter