Restaurants for Vegas in May

Niki Andiokno

DIS Veteran
I am going to Vegas in May. I have been a couple of times, but have not had great luck food-wise. I have found a couple of deli type places, and love the Bellagio buffet for lunch. Unfortunately, that is about it. I have not gone to the highest priced places, but try to find some nice middle of the road type eateries. I guess I'm just spoiled in Chicago, where you can find great food any time, day or night.

Now that I have found this thread, I figured I would post some choices I am considering for my May trip.
Casa di Amore
Andre’s at the Monte Carlo
Todd’s unique restaurant
Agave
Dragonfly

I hear Casa di Amore and Andre's are pretty romantic. I am looking at one of those for my anniversary. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Casa di Amore is CLASSIC Vegas/italian...think old school. If you call they will send a free limo to pick you up. I think Mon/tues is half price wine night.
Last I knew, Casa & Andres offered restaurant.com gift certificates. check out www.savelv.com, they always post promo codes for rest.com (which come out OFTEN).
Sorry cannot comment on the other spots.

I am going to Vegas in May. I have been a couple of times, but have not had great luck food-wise. I have found a couple of deli type places, and love the Bellagio buffet for lunch. Unfortunately, that is about it. I have not gone to the highest priced places, but try to find some nice middle of the road type eateries. I guess I'm just spoiled in Chicago, where you can find great food any time, day or night.

Now that I have found this thread, I figured I would post some choices I am considering for my May trip.
Casa di Amore
Andre’s at the Monte Carlo
Todd’s unique restaurant
Agave
Dragonfly

I hear Casa di Amore and Andre's are pretty romantic. I am looking at one of those for my anniversary. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
If you are considering Andre's, then consider Chef Andre's other restaurant; it's at the Palms - Alize. It's one floor below Ghostbar and has an incredible view of the Strip.

Do you mean the Agave restaurant off the strip at Charleston & the 215? If so, that's an excellent restaurant but I thought the portions were small.
For a good local Mexican restaurant, try Lindo Michocan; they have 3 locations and the closest to the Strip is Desert Inn & Eastern.

Have fun planning your trip!

For a great breakfast try the Peppermill on the strip, near the Wynn. They are also open 24 hours, great for a late night bite.

For a higher-end meal we enjoy Craft Steak at MGM Grand, Delmonico's at Venetian, and Mon Ami Gabi at the Paris (ask to sit outside for a great view of the Bellagio fountains.)

Bouchon at the Venetian has an incredible breakfast. The Croque Madame was to die for. The restaurant is owned by Thomas Keller of The French Laundry.

Mon Ami Gabi is another great one. The food was excellent, the view out on the terrace, across from the Bellagio fountains was perfect. The prices aren't to bad and they are great for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Casa di Amore is supposed to be good. I haven't been but have friends who have gone and love it.

We tried Hash House A Go-Go and we were not impressed. Sure, the portions were huge, but the food was just middle of the road and the waiter was not that good.

For a high end steak dinner we went to CUT in the Pallazio. Amazing and worth every penny.

Missed Peppermill when we were out there. Darn it!!! Totally forgot about it. :headache:

Really, there are tons of amazing restaurants out in Vegas. With a little research you can avoid any icky places. We actually didn't go to any buffets this time.

Bouchon at the Venetian has an incredible breakfast. The Croque Madame was to die for. The restaurant is owned by Thomas Keller of The French Laundry.

Mon Ami Gabi is another great one. The food was excellent, the view out on the terrace, across from the Bellagio fountains was perfect. The prices aren't to bad and they are great for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Casa di Amore is supposed to be good. I haven't been but have friends who have gone and love it.

We tried Hash House A Go-Go and we were not impressed. Sure, the portions were huge, but the food was just middle of the road and the waiter was not that good.

For a high end steak dinner we went to CUT in the Pallazio. Amazing and worth every penny.

Missed Peppermill when we were out there. Darn it!!! Totally forgot about it. :headache:

Really, there are tons of amazing restaurants out in Vegas. With a little research you can avoid any icky places. We actually didn't go to any buffets this time.

I agree on Bouchon's breakfast. I eat there at least once on every trip.

For high end dining, I think Picasso at the Bellagio is my favorite (and favorite for romantic atmosphere too).

I'm going in May also for the 1st time. Has anybody ate at a greek resturant on the strip? The peppermill sounds like a good place. Any help would be great.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Fleur de Lys in Mandalay Bay. It's Hubert Keller's restaurant (Top Chef Masters). This is his second location outside of his SF original. It is sooooooooooooo good. And the service is not pretentious, but amazing. Highly recommended.:thumbsup2

I'm going in May also for the 1st time. Has anybody ate at a greek resturant on the strip? The peppermill sounds like a good place. Any help would be great.
I cannot think of a single Greek restaurant on the strip; however, at Maryland Pkwy & Flamingo there's a place called Paymon's that has good Greek food & also a hooka lounge. I'd try there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter