Restaurants at Universal Hollywood

CyndiLouWho

DIS Veteran
Will be at USH for a weekend before DLR. Are there restaurants that need reservations? Any special character meals available? (We did a Minions breakfast at USO).

Will be at USH for a weekend before DLR. Are there restaurants that need reservations? Any special character meals available? (We did a Minions breakfast at USO).

Nope, no character dining that I know of and all of their restaurants are quick service. (Some restaurants in CityWalk are table service, but I'm not sure which ones do reservations or not - if any.)

The VIP tour has character dining during it's lunch, but it's not guaranteed. For example, Doc Brown, or one of the monsters (dracula, frankenstein, etc.). However, because of covid, I am not sure if they are still doing.

Otherwise, inside the park:
Three Broomsticks is probably the only neat restaurant that is worth dining at, most of the rest of the places are basic theme park food.

As far as citywalk, they are all chain restaurants, so it depends on whether you like the restaurant. We like Bubba Gump, didn't like MargaritaVille.

I've never tried to get reservations, if you go at a busy time, you can expect to wait.

Three Broomsticks is probably the only neat restaurant that is worth dining at, most of the rest of the places are basic theme park food.

Second this. Three Broomsticks is great. (The sticky toffee pudding is a MUST.)

We do like Gru's Lab Cafe because it has some unique choices, but good luck on it actually being open. It's closed a good 75% of the time we're there.

The basic theme park foods are still pretty decent, but definitely nothing special. (The one thing I really don't get is the giant donut from Lard Lad. We got it once and it was NOT GOOD.)

As far as citywalk, they are all chain restaurants, so it depends on whether you like the restaurant. We like Bubba Gump, didn't like MargaritaVille
We don't have Bubba Gump near home, so I've already gotten a gift card to use there. We enjoyed it at USO but I had to keep explaining stuff because DS13 has never seen the movie. Also I have Landry's club membership so we get priority seating.
(The one thing I really don't get is the giant donut from Lard Lad. We got it once and it was NOT GOOD.)
We had that at USO. Passable but not great.

The VIP tour has character dining during it's lunch, but it's not guaranteed. For example, Doc Brown, or one of the monsters (dracula, frankenstein, etc.). However, because of covid, I am not sure if they are still doing.

Otherwise, inside the park:

As far as citywalk, they are all chain restaurants, so it depends on whether you like the restaurant. We like Bubba Gump, didn't like MargaritaVille.

I've never tried to get reservations, if you go at a busy time, you can expect to wait.
A bunch of influencers I followed did a VIP tour the other day and confirmed it is indeed back. They met with Doc at lunch

A bunch of influencers I followed did a VIP tour the other day and confirmed it is indeed back. They met with Doc at lunch
That's good to hear. What I meant by "not guaranteed" is that you aren't guaranteed to see a specific character unlike most character meets, even before covid. It just seems random who will show up, as well as how many show up.

The basic theme park foods are still pretty decent, but definitely nothing special. (The one thing I really don't get is the giant donut from Lard Lad. We got it once and it was NOT GOOD.)

I have tried the Lard Lad doughnut once. I didn't like it either, glad it was not just me. I think it just gets the lines due to how obscenely large it is.

I have tried the Lard Lad doughnut once. I didn't like it either, glad it was not just me. I think it just gets the lines due to how obscenely large it is.

It was definitely a one and done for us. There's a reason why donuts are not normally that large. Too much dough, not enough icing. Now when I see people walking around with one, I'm just like... good luck with that. 🤣

My kids love the Lard Lad donut, so I have tried it many times with quality varying from good to horrible. I think it depends on how fresh they are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter