Restaurants & Activities

The Sorrentino's

Cindy is hot, but my wife is hotter! *winks to Ci
When do we make reservations for the restaurants and activities? Do we go to guest services or do we just call them in from the cabin.

How easy is it to get a picture with the Mouse?

I didn't order my Passporter yet because someone mentioned here that the new edition comes out before our trip.

Cadence

The only restaurant you need a reservation for is Palo, if you want to eat there. When you check in you'll be given the dining rottion you were assigned to. You just show up and your table will be there. This is a big reason I like cruising. No need to worry about waiting in lines to be seated. No thought about where to eat that night....very easy. :)

Same with activites except shore excursions and the spa. Any games or events onboard will be listed in the daily program. You just show up.

Wonderful! I don't know why I'm thinking the Disney Cruises is so much different than a regular one. Thank you!

Cadence

Once you pay for your cruise in full, you can book all your activities, spa treatments, Paolos ...on the DCL website. You will need your confirmation number....this way everything is done before you leave for your cruise!! :)

Was that something my TA should have done for me while in the process of me setting up the Cruise? I booked through an Internet site and maybe that's why I didn't get to make activity reservations.

Cadence

I think for the cruise you'll need to make the reservations for your things. You can do it online a certain number of days out....??60/90/and some other number for some groups. Even if you paid far in advance you can't make your reservations until the appointed day. This is something I really like about Royal Caribbean....you can just kind of make your reservations for excursions anytime along the way, once you have a deposit on the trip.

Cadence - you should have received a confirmation number when you booked over the internet. You can make Palo, excursions and spa ressies 75 days before your cruise begins. It is quite easy to do it on the DCL website. Some excursions are filling up as returning DCL cruisers can book 90 days before the cruise.
When is your cruise? AND, Have a great time!!

The brand new passporter is out already. I just ordered mine through
Amazon. I read my last one from cover to cover.

Our Cruise is in April 2006...I didn't get my paperwork yet, but I did get the confirmation number. I'll try to find the site and play with it today. Thanks!

Are the excursions any good outside of the Cruise itself? We've done excursions on some of our land packages, like Booze Cruises but I need to know if most are kid friendly.

Cadence

The DCL website gives summaries of the excursions offered directly through DCL along with age recommendations.

Have fun planning!

You can call the PALS line to find out the schedule for the characters for the next day so if there is someone your kids really want to see you wont miss them. You will also be able to sign up all the kids for the kid's clubs at the 75 day mark and make reservations for your new baby in Flounders.

I thought that you were going to be packing? LOL!

The Sorrentino's said:
Our Cruise is in April 2006...

Hi Cadence,
When in April? My DD and I are on the Eastern, April 1-8, 2006!

Our trip will be four nights on on April 16, 2006 (I keep saying three nights). We had to book two CAT6 cabins to accomodate the six of us. We're taking the baby so I now have to call my TA to add he/she on.

Cadence

Disney does an awesome job of ensuring you will have a great cruise...I think you'll be impressed! If your kids are into the characters...there will be plenty...don't forget the autograph books so they can get sigs. My DD5 loved that! :wizard:

go ahead and order your passporter now! It gives you something to read in the doctors office! We took a four day cruise last november and my little 5year old girl cried when we walked off the ship! My kids have told everyone about the cruise and there was no questions where they wanted to go this year!

It was very easy to get to meet characters and if your kids are into getting autographs i have a great idea for you! I bought 2 packs of blank notecards at my local staples. I took them home and decorated 3 cards with all my scrapbooking stuff, one for each child. I took them back to staples, had them laminate the front and back cards and divided the rest of the packs into 3 piles. The spiral bound the cards into 3 nice autograph books! All 3 were less than $10 total. This way each of them had their own unique book and it was very easy to give each of them the right one when it came time for autographs!!! :cheer2:

Hi Cadence!

Nice to see you're still around! Congrats on the baby news. :hug:

We're off on the DISNEY MAGIC this weekend! Looking forward to some R&R in our suite, and not having to fly to FLA for a sailing. :flower: DD graduated this eve (finally...catholic schools have numerous ceremonies--this was her fifth and final!). She's currently at her SENIOR FLING (safe lock-down party until 4:30 am) enjoying time together with her classmates (all 140 of them!). She had a blast at GRAD NITE at Disneyland last week as well. It's been a whirlwind month!

After the cruise, our plans are finally all set for a couple months @ WDW (DVB, PBH)!!! Then, off to England for three weeks, to settle DD into her university dorm in the UK. We have a VERY busy schedule ahead. :goodvibes

Glad to see you are planning the cruise! Have fun...you just can't go wrong with a DISNEY CRUISE!

TTFN...DF99 :wave2:

Can you make reservations online for excursions, spa, etc, if you did not book your cruise through Disney directly?

Scouter said:
Can you make reservations online for excursions, spa, etc, if you did not book your cruise through Disney directly?

Yes, just go to the site and log in and then call us your ressie using your confirmation #. If you don't have the # you can easily get it from your travel agent. Good luck...it really is easy to book Palo and excursions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter