Restaurant tips

lizet313

A dream is a wish your HEART makes!
What are some good restaurants to check out at WDW? :confused: I will be there from Feb 11-15 2009. What would you recommend?

Here's what we're repeating from out last trip (Jan 07)

Coral Reef, CP breakfast, and Whispering Canyon. Ohaha breakfast was good too.

Blue Zoo, IL Mulino, Flying Fish, Artist Point (our top choices for dinner). Most anything around the world showcase for lunch/dinner.

Our must do's -- LeCellier, Plaza, Biergarten and Crystal Palace (also, Fulton's--but not on the dining plan)

Our never to do again -- Hollywood & Vine, Boatwright's (dinner) and Whispering Canyon Cafe (yuk)

O'hana's, Cape May Cafe, Coral Reef, Chef Mickey's :woohoo:
top our list of return restaurants
you can always review the menus online

We have repeated Crystal Palace, Cape May (3 times for breakfast), & Coral Reef in the past. Wanted to try some brand new ones (for us) this time, so we're adding LeCellier, Mama Melrose, Tepan Edo, Marrakesh, Chef Mickey's, and CRT; and going to Coral Reef for the 3rd time.

Off the top of my head - we've been to:
Chef Mickey's Breakfast (2) - Would do again
Chef Mickey's Dinner - Would skip
LeCellier (2) - Would do again
Chefs de France - Won't be back anytime soon
Crystal Palace - Many times Lunch and Dinner - Will do again. Decent food and great atmosphere
Liberty Tree Tavern - Not in a hurry to go back
Kona Breakfast - Never ever again
Narcoossee's - Would consider
Victoria & Albert's - Would go every trip if we could afford it
Mama Melrose (2) - Love the steak gorgonzola - would go back just for that
Fulton's - Good but pretty expensive
Rainforest - Just like any other Rainforest
Cap'n Jack's - Won't rush back
Jiko (2) - Will make it a point to go every trip
Boma Breakfast - Fine
Boma Dinner - Good
Beaches & Cream - Will do every time, we love the sandwiches, price and atmosphere
Spoodles - Would go back, but not in a hurry
50's PTC - Would definitely go back
WCC - In NO hurry to go back

Next trip we plan on trying Biergarten and California Grill as our 'new' places.

Thanks to all for the advice I am very grateful :hug: for all the recommendations. Any tips from WDW I will be forever thankful.

Our family loves Whispering Canyon Cafe (it's the only place we've repeated and we'd go again), we also enjoy Coral Reef, Biergarten, Chef Mickey and Crystal Palace (dinner) and Ohana breakfast. We also were pleasantly surprised to enjoy Sci-fi. Now if you don't have children going you might want to choose some different places, but these are our family favorites.

As a local we favor eating on Disney property some of our top choices are:

House of Blues -we eat here on an almost weekly basis
Wolfgang Puck Express - Same as above
Whispering Canyon Cafe - Breakfast, lunch or dinner all yummy
Boma - only been for breakfast but love it
Tusker House - Breakfast has characters it's pretty good. Lunch is fantastic
Kona Cafe - My favorite is going for lunch they have an incredible beef terriyaki salad!
Crystal Palace - Breakfast, Lunch or dinner this is great and it's a fun character dining experience.

No real kids just me a 21yr old that is a kid at heart. I absolutely love Mickey and Minnie.:lovestruc I am into all the characters. It will be 2 in my party.

'Ohana in the Poly is a good choice for dinner. Good food and plenty of it. Try to sit away from the aisle and near a window if you are going without kids. Kona at the Poly is good too. Take the monorail one way and the boat back.

Chef Mickey's is a must for Mickey and Minnie (unless you absolutely don't like buffets). Boma is great for breakfast. Dinner is also really good but will feature some "different" selections (although there should be enough for picky eaters). If you go, spend some time before or after checking out the resort. It's awesome.

We also thought Coral Reef and Tutto Italia were pretty good, but not fabulous. If you have the dining plan, go for it. (I hate to say it, but when it's out-of-pocket you just expect more at those prices.) The atmosphere at both was great.

Check out the menus and reviews here and at allears.net. Have a great trip. :goodvibes

Oh, and if you do like buffets, do lunch or dinner at Crystal Palace with Pooh and friends. The food is tasty - the desserts are great :thumbsup2 . We've never done breakfast here but everyone seems to like it and an early res will get you into the parks ahead of the crowds.

Thanks to everyone for the posts and thanks perriwinkleblue for your opinions

No real kids just me a 21yr old that is a kid at heart. I absolutely love Mickey and Minnie.:lovestruc I am into all the characters. It will be 2 in my party.

Just got back from honeymoon and hubby and I loved the Crystal Palace character dinning. I'm the biggest kid but he fell in love with it to once the pooh started coming our way.
Sci-Fi is one of my favorites, best burgers.
Rainforest, we don't have one where we live.
Whispering canyon, breakfast.
Tuskar House.
Spirit of Aloha, food is o.k. but we love the show.
We want to try HDDR next time we go.
Hope this helps.

You can't go wrong with Crystal Palace or Chef Mickey's (I'd do breakfast only here) for characters. Boma is great if you want a little flavor to your food. Kona Cafe is damn good. Sci-Fi Dine In is fun and their food isn't bad. Their milkshakes are to die for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter