• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Restaurant suggestions for anniversary trip

MrsHappyB

Earning My Ears
Hello all. We are planning an adult only anniversary trip to WDW for fall of 2022. I want to book a reservation (when I'm able) for a nice dinner for my husband and myself. He is a Disney newbie. This will be his first trip. So what restaurant would you suggest if it were you?

California Grill, great food and wonderful views of the Magic Kingdom and surrounding areas. Plus you can watch the fireworks from their observation decks, even if you eat earlier than the fireworks you can return (show receipt) and watch the show out there.

It will depend on what type of food your are looking to eat ... are you wanting more adventure in your food? Are you picky eaters? One of our favorite restaurants is Jikos in Animal Kingdom Lodge. We are going for our 40th Anniv in August and very disappointed it is not yet open. California Grill is very good and the view is stunning. There are a couple restaurants at Coronado Spring in the Tower that are scrumptious (if open) with great view, Yachtsman Steakhouse is great. Plus there are LOTS of places to eat in Epcot. A little more info on what you are looking for in terms of cuisine and atmosphere would help.

Reading the last post reminded me that Topolino at the Riviera has good food and views as well. I would recommend Yachtsman and Jiko as well if they are open. Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge/Kidani is good too and has a nice view of some of the animals on their savannah. Narcoosee's is a good option too if you enjoy seafood, I don't but I did enjoy the steak I had there.

My husband insisted on CRT for our 30th anniversary. Thankfully I was able to get it. There is just something romantic about eating inside the castle.

I'd vote for California Grill. My wife & I have been to WDW several times for our anniversary. Last times in 2017 & 2019. We love California Grill for a special meal. Time it for around the MK fireworks if possible, and then walk out on the roof to watch the fireworks.

But check out the menus and see what food you like. IMO I don't think you can go wrong with any of the signature restaurants.

Ps - If you go any other time to California Grill, hold onto your receipt and you can come back to watch the fireworks from the roof.

We really enjoyed Narcosse's when we were there in December. Prior to that we had scheduled a late dinner and were able to walk out and watch the fireworks. That was really nice and very romantic. The bar tender at Narcosse's in December was amazing. We sat and had drinks there before our meal. We enjoyed his drinks and the conversation was great - even my 23 yr old son and his girlfriend thought "pre dinner" was amazing.

Cali Grill is a personal fave...but I think Victoria and Alberts looks interesting as does Narcosees and I am dying to try Jikos...I think it depends on what you want...so check the Menus and make sure it fits your taste and budget...if you are looking for a steak...Yachtsman or Shulas...I like Le Cellier but it’s not super romantic when the strangers next to you can hear your entire conversation

California Grill gets my vote, especially with a table near the windows...although like Narcoosee's too if you get a window table. Go before fireworks to CG and definitely tell them it's your anniversary when u make the reservation...may get a great table or a special treat!

Depends on your budget and how late you'll stay out. Hubby and I like restaurants on the lake at Epcot to watch the show. CA Grill food wasn't as exceptional to us as Le Cellier or even Teppan Edo. We'd read so much about it and maybe we just got a mediocre night (at CA Grill)?

Of course there is Victoria and Albert's if you want to go all out for your anniversary :) We love it there, but only do it occasionally. From what's been mentioned so far, I would add my vote for California Grill in the MK area. The new Citrico's looks nice as well. We also love Takumi-Tei, Le Cellier and The Boathouse for a casual but upscale dining.

Two "combo" suggestions for a memorable anniversary:

First,
Dinner at Artist's Point in Wilderness Lodge ~ have dined there twice and I believe it is one of the most intimate/smallest restaurants at WDW. Followed by a boat trip to Magic Kingdom, and a sit down Chocolate Dessert with a balcony view sit-down view of the Fireworks Celebration. (Spoiler Alert: near the end of the show, Tinkerbell lands on the roof, by guy-wire, right above your head ... and She is a He!!!)

Second, Epcot has great dining for every taste. Le Cellier Steakhouse in Canada, Tuto Italia at Italy, in France go to the Chefs de France. Or, just around the corner at Flying Fish on the Boardwalk. THAN finish the night with the New Harmonious Fireworks cruise on the Epcot Lake. WARNING: You miust be Wicked Organied to get rhat reservation ... do your research!

And BIGW/OS because it goes without saying, I Will Say It: Look at the menus in advance and find a place with selections that spark both your taste buds. Happy Anniversary.

If you really want to be pampered for your anniversary, then I would recommend Victoria & Albert's (if and when they open back up)

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your suggestions. Like I said we have time but i wanted to ask so we could take time and review menus and things as well. Plus I have some pretty limiting food intolerences so that will affect our decision as well.

I'm following this carefully. We're celebrating our 40th in April and we have no idea where to go. DS and DDIL celebrated their last anniversary at California Grill, and although CG knew it was their anniversary, they were seated in the center of the room, and found it rather loud and bustling. We celebrated our 30th at Artist Point and had a truly awesome experience. But we're really not into character meals for our anniversary. Perhaps Jiko would be an option if it's open.

I'd agree with Yachtsman Steakhouse! They have great food and great drinks. It's a bit quieter and not so busy inside, with an easy walk/boat to Epcot or Hollywood Studios if you'd like to return to a park afterwards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter