Restaurant picks Aulani and Honolulu

snowmouse

DIS Veteran
We are staying in Honolulu and want to visit Aulani for one night. Which restaurant? Also trying to choose one special restaurant in HNL for our 35th Anniversary. Help!

We are just two spending 8nights in Oahu for 35th anniversary. As we are not staying at Aulani, I thought having dinner one night would be nice just so we could get a look around. Not interested in Luau. Another restaurant could work, but we will not have a car so will probably Uber from downtown HNL and walk once there.

@snowmouse On property, I'd go with Ama Ama... Off property, I'd go with Longhi's or Roy's. Ama Ama and Longhi's both over look the sea. Roy's is on the golf course. I haven't personally eaten at Roy's (my parents did and love it). I have eaten at the other two.

We really enjoyed Duke's in Waikiki at the Outrigger Waikiki Beach resort. We also LOVED Haleiwa Joe's Haiku Gardens, but that is not close to Waikiki.

what kind of price range are you looking for...there are quite a few very very pricey places (expect to pay at least 300+ for 2 people) as well as some that are still pricey...but closer to 150+ for 2 people.

@snowmouse On property, I'd go with Ama Ama... Off property, I'd go with Longhi's or Roy's. Ama Ama and Longhi's both over look the sea. Roy's is on the golf course. I haven't personally eaten at Roy's (my parents did and love it). I have eaten at the other two.

I've eaten at that Roy's. It's good, but it's just like any other Roy's if you happen to leave near one or been to one before.

We are staying in Honolulu and want to visit Aulani for one night. Which restaurant? Also trying to choose one special restaurant in HNL for our 35th Anniversary. Help!

I really liked Alan Wong's in Honolulu when I went there, but I think it was almost 10 years ago now, so my memory of the place is a bit hazy.

chef mavro if you don't mind spending a lot...seriously...a lot

bakery and table is quite good at a lower price as well.

both are sort of near ala moana (it is a walkable distance...but its a fairly long walk, and probably not the best idea late at night).

if scenery is the most important aspect to you, then neither of those will cut it, but if food is most important, either one should do quite well.

Anniversary dinner - Drinks at House without a Key followed by dinner at La Mer if budget is no issue (Orchids if the budget won’t stretch that far) - these are all at Halekulani which is No.1 hotel in Waikiki. The revolving restaurant at Top of Waikiki is also lovely.

Waikiki is filled with restaurants and eateries to suit every budget. You can eat at a different one for every meal over your 8 days!

I don’t think I would travel to Aulani just for dinner - I would rent a car and visit for lunch possibly as part of a day trip down the coast of Oahu. You can still go to Ama Ama for lunch but as a visitor you won’t need that long to visit - the only thing you can do other then strolling about is use the lagoon to swim as it’s public property. Combine lunch with a drive down to Yokohama Bay.

I have been referred to 53 By the Sea, La Mer, and Michel's at the Colony Surf. Anyone have any experience with these? Did look at chef Mavro but am checking out Alan Wong's and Bakery and Table. Keep the ideas coming! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter