Restaurant "Must Do's" and "Must Skip"

We are arriving early morning on April 8, and leaving the evening of the 9th. 2 full days in the parks.

Since we are at Disneyland Hotel breakfasts are already set. I think we are pretty much set on Chez Remy and Walt's for nice dinners.

Lunches are still the undecided factor. We love fish and chips so Toad Hall sounds like one. I'd like to try Annette's but I don't know about leaving the park. Seems like a hassle for lunch. But then again I'm unsure how far of a walk it is.

Ok, great.

So you get breakfast on the 8th? Have you paid for the night of the 7th? Otherwise I'm not sure you get breakfast that day. (All depends how early 'early morning' is I guess! lol)

So I've looked at this site (http://www.disneygazette.fr/dgi/horaires-restaurants-09-avril-2014.html) back to the same dates (or very close to!) last year, and Walt's is open ONLY in the evenings from 4.30pm - 8.30pm, so if it's the same this year then that suits you perfectly!

Chez Remy - no data from last year as it wasn't open back then. According to here (http://www.dlpguide.com/calendar/monthly-park-hours/2015/04/) Studios (where Chez Remy is) closes at 6pm for your dates this year, so it would be highly unlikely if Chez Remy is open for dinner. In fact, it's probably closed by 5.30pm. So you may want to consider it a lunch instead.

I'm assuming your tickets are park hoppers? You can go in either park either day? Main Park looks to be closing at 9.30pm for your dates.... What time are you leaving on the 9th? After main park closing or earlier?

So this is what I would do based on some assumptions from me and your restaurant choices...... COMPLETELY biased on my preferences! lol

8th - Breakfast in the hotel (after EMH? Depends on arrival!)
All day in the main Disneyland Park.
Lunch in Toad Hall (you could always do a lighter kids lunch in here if breakfast is possible int he morning - if not, go for the double fish and chips to keep you going! If you're hungry enough, get in there for 11.30am - most places get busy from midday!)
Evening meal in Walts - maybe around 6pm. Then you'll be out in time for "Disney Dreams!" at park closing.

9th - Breakfast in the hotel after an hour of EMH in main park. (only saying an hour so you're not too late getting into the Studios! lol)
Rest of day in Studios (grab past pass tickets for Ratatouille ride as early as possible!)
Late Lunch in Chez Remy
Stay til closing at 6pm/7pm.
Evening meal in Annetttes in the Village - Especially as you're not committed to 3 courses like some places and you could eat lightly if you're still full from CR, or not!

Obviously this is only a suggestion, and based on what I would do! For info, Annette's is at the 'parks' end of the Village, so if you were going from one Park to the other, it's not TOO far a detour. If you had more days where you could have done a morning in one park and park hopped to the other for the afternoon, you could do a Village lunch quite easily. But based on your restriction of two days, this is what I'd do. Then you can wander back to the DLH to collect your luggage and leave.

Feel free to completely ignore! :) (Oh and book CR and Walts! You can't with Annettes but at that time of day you'll be fine!)

C x

P.S. I love working this type of stuff out, can you tell??? Yes, I'm weird..... it's like a puzzle!

OH NO, hang on, I didn't check Toad Hall!!!! It seems to be closed Thursdays and Fridays!!!!

Ok, so if that's right, you either have enough at breakfast (if you are entitled to it on the 8th!) to have it as brunch instead and forget about lunch, or treat yourself to coffee and cake somewhere..... or try another fast food restaurant for lunch. Some people say the Lucky Nugget is good too and that SEEMS to be open Thursdays and Fridays?

Ah, best laid plans..... lol

C x

Annette's is in Disney Village which is next to the parks. You don't have to leave the "bubble" to go there and it's like 5-10 minutes walk away from the gate(s) depending which park you are in.

:thumbsup2

That is easy peasy!

Can you tell I am used to WDW where getting from here to there is a lot more complicated? :lmao:

Ok, great.

So you get breakfast on the 8th? Have you paid for the night of the 7th? Otherwise I'm not sure you get breakfast that day. (All depends how early 'early morning' is I guess! lol)

So I've looked at this site (http://www.disneygazette.fr/dgi/horaires-restaurants-09-avril-2014.html) back to the same dates (or very close to!) last year, and Walt's is open ONLY in the evenings from 4.30pm - 8.30pm, so if it's the same this year then that suits you perfectly!

Chez Remy - no data from last year as it wasn't open back then. According to here (http://www.dlpguide.com/calendar/monthly-park-hours/2015/04/) Studios (where Chez Remy is) closes at 6pm for your dates this year, so it would be highly unlikely if Chez Remy is open for dinner. In fact, it's probably closed by 5.30pm. So you may want to consider it a lunch instead.

I'm assuming your tickets are park hoppers? You can go in either park either day? Main Park looks to be closing at 9.30pm for your dates.... What time are you leaving on the 9th? After main park closing or earlier?

So this is what I would do based on some assumptions from me and your restaurant choices...... COMPLETELY biased on my preferences! lol

8th - Breakfast in the hotel (after EMH? Depends on arrival!)
All day in the main Disneyland Park.
Lunch in Toad Hall (you could always do a lighter kids lunch in here if breakfast is possible int he morning - if not, go for the double fish and chips to keep you going! If you're hungry enough, get in there for 11.30am - most places get busy from midday!)
Evening meal in Walts - maybe around 6pm. Then you'll be out in time for "Disney Dreams!" at park closing.

9th - Breakfast in the hotel after an hour of EMH in main park. (only saying an hour so you're not too late getting into the Studios! lol)
Rest of day in Studios (grab past pass tickets for Ratatouille ride as early as possible!)
Late Lunch in Chez Remy
Stay til closing at 6pm/7pm.
Evening meal in Annetttes in the Village - Especially as you're not committed to 3 courses like some places and you could eat lightly if you're still full from CR, or not!

Obviously this is only a suggestion, and based on what I would do! For info, Annette's is at the 'parks' end of the Village, so if you were going from one Park to the other, it's not TOO far a detour. If you had more days where you could have done a morning in one park and park hopped to the other for the afternoon, you could do a Village lunch quite easily. But based on your restriction of two days, this is what I'd do. Then you can wander back to the DLH to collect your luggage and leave.

Feel free to completely ignore! :) (Oh and book CR and Walts! You can't with Annettes but at that time of day you'll be fine!)

C x

P.S. I love working this type of stuff out, can you tell??? Yes, I'm weird..... it's like a puzzle!

OH NO, hang on, I didn't check Toad Hall!!!! It seems to be closed Thursdays and Fridays!!!!

Ok, so if that's right, you either have enough at breakfast (if you are entitled to it on the 8th!) to have it as brunch instead and forget about lunch, or treat yourself to coffee and cake somewhere..... or try another fast food restaurant for lunch. Some people say the Lucky Nugget is good too and that SEEMS to be open Thursdays and Fridays?

Ah, best laid plans..... lol

C x

Oh, you're right! I likely will not get breakfast on the 8th. We are getting into DLP around 8am that day so we will drop off our bags and then head into the parks. :scratchin Hmmm . . . our package is for hotel/tickets to parks. We have a reservation starting on the 8th so I think park tickets are good for that day too, yes? Do they give us those at the front desk? Even if we can't check into our room due to the early arrival?

So being that breakfast will be on our dime on the 8th we can have a light breakfast (coffee and croissant), lunch at Toad Hall (since it is Wednesday), and dinner at Walt's.

The 9th we are staying all day (read below) so I am thinking breakfast after EMH, lunch at Chez Remy, and dinner at Annette's?

We actually have a third night booked at Disneyland Hotel, but we were planning a day trip on the train to Paris for the Eiffel Tower. Dh and I have been to Paris several times but our dd, (soon to be 7) has not and I know she would love a day to see a few Paris sites and have lunch at a café. Since it we booked the hotel 8-11th (11th being check out, and our flight leaves early that morning) my thought was that Friday at the parks would be more crowded and I decided to do Paris that day. Also, I am sure we will want a nap on the 8th after our previous day of travel. Yes, we are packing in a crowded trip in a few days. :upsidedow

So here is my outline as if I couldn't confuse things more! :sad2:

Wednesday the 8th: arrive at DLP around 8am. Drop off bags, grab a quick bite. Hit the parks (if we in fact get tickets that day). Lunch at Toad Hall. Dinner at Walt's.

Thursday the 9th: hit EMH, breakfast around 9:30am, lunch at Chez Remy, dinner at Annette's.

Friday the 10th: breakfast, depart for Paris day trip. If arrive in time watch evening show at DL.

Saturday the 11th: early check out, take TGV to CDG.

Thank you so much cdsmiler81 :flower3: :flower3:!! I love planning Disney trips too!!! I do it all the time for my friends going to WDW, so I get the obsession. :goodvibes You want people to enjoy their time at Disney ... not feeling lost and overwhelmed. ::yes:: I appreciate your help and hard work.

You could ask about breakfast on arrival day and they may allow you to go in otherwise there are a couple of places on Mainstreet open during EMH where you can grab a pastry and coffee - Cable car Bakeshop and Market House Deli.

You could ask about breakfast on arrival day and they may allow you to go in otherwise there are a couple of places on Mainstreet open during EMH where you can grab a pastry and coffee - Cable car Bakeshop and Market House Deli.

Can't hurt to ask. Kindly, of course! :)

If not off we will be fine with Mainstreet.

I booked my dining reservations! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Made a reservation for Walt's at 3:45pm on the 8th, and Chez Remy for 5pm on the 9th. I took the last seating times for both so I am hoping we won't be rushed out the door, not that we are ones to mingle on forever at dinner ... especially with a 7 year old. ;)

Having Walt's earlier than scheduled may be a blessing due to jet lag. I know all of us will be excited to be at DLP, but I bet it will be an early night.

I was surprised for the last dining option at Walt's. Either it booked up FAST or they close early that night? :confused3 I tried to see if Walt's had dinner available on the 9th, but the reservation agent didn't understand my question. So if anyone knows the closing times for Walt's on the 8th and 9th, please feel free to pass along and I may change Chez Remy to Wednesday.

Also, for US people -- you can call the Disney Parks phone number at 407-934-7639 and they can transfer you so you don't have to pay for an international call! I am sure I was on hold longer than if I dialed direct (I waited for 15 minutes) but it was worth the price to me! :thumbsup2 FYI, I did throw the first agent off with my American accent. :rotfl2: I think I got a UK line after I prompted Paris Disney. And I don't have a thick regional dialect -- midwest is pretty tame compared to a Southern drawl or an East Coast accent. It threw her off though, :rotfl:. She was very sweet and we both had a chuckle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter