Resort Switch by Disney Due to Poly Closure Through Summer 2021 - Please Post Your Experiences

Stitch577

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!
We have a Poly reservation for July 2021 and are hoping the resort is open by then. However, with the new announcement I wanted to start a thread of what resort people are getting switched to by Disney because of the closure, specifically from the Polynesian, so we know what to expect if it is still closed for our trip. Thanks in advance!

I just posted something on this as well. We are booked at the Poly in January and Disney will not tell us what resort we may be moved too, only saying it could be any open resort. We were previously booked at the WL and were given a few options when they didn't open that up. We did not like the choices and opted to pay more for the Poly. They told me we would get a call a month before and given a choice of available resorts. Anyone else been told this?

I am booked at the Poly for Aug 12-24 and we just got moved to the Grand Floridian as of this morning. MyDisneyExperience was updated to reflect the change.

We just booked last night for our honeymoon in January. Great timing. They will switch us automatically to anything they want?

I am booked for mid-June 2021, so I really don't know what to do. Can anyone tell me if I re-booked to a DVC room at another resort as a cash reservation (not using points), is the cancel policy the same as booking a regular cash room? What I really want is a regular cash room at AKL Jambo, but I can't do that yet either.

I am booked at the Poly for Aug 12-24 and we just got moved to the Grand Floridian as of this morning. MyDisneyExperience was updated to reflect the change.

August? Wow. I would have assumed they would plan to have it open by then.

Our reservation is Aug 15-21. No word.

I am booked for mid-June 2021, so I really don't know what to do. Can anyone tell me if I re-booked to a DVC room at another resort as a cash reservation (not using points), is the cancel policy the same as booking a regular cash room? What I really want is a regular cash room at AKL Jambo, but I can't do that yet either.

Yes, the cancellation policy for a DVC/villa cash reservation is the same as a regular resort reservation.

August? Wow. I would have assumed they would plan to have it open by then.

Our reservation is Aug 15-21. No word.
So when I found out, I emailed our TA so he may have gotten the ball rolling. We were supposed to go this year and had to cancel due to Covid. We booked for next year for my huge 40th birthday celebration and my dream was to stay at the Poly since that's where my parents took me all the time. I read things and get nervous and email my TA.

You were booked for August 2021 and got moved already? Just making sure I understand correctly.

We just booked last night for our honeymoon in January. Great timing. They will switch us automatically to anything they want?

I just switched it to Riviera on the site. We were back and forth between the 2 anyway so this makes it easy. Now I’m just waiting for the Visa discounts to come out.

They will offer you a resort or two with price protection based off availability! However since Poly is one of the most expensive resorts, you may be able to ask to be moved somewhere else. You can always change the reservation yourself, but I think it’s kind of fun to be surprised with what Disney offers. Sometimes they even offer to upgrade to a bigger room at a different resort.

In my purely unscientific research of plugging dates into the reservation calendar, with no insight what-so-ever about previous room inventory, it looks like the earliest someone can now book a room at the Poly is Monday, July 19th. No rooms seem available before then.

In my purely unscientific research of plugging dates into the reservation calendar, with no insight what-so-ever about previous room inventory, it looks like the earliest someone can now book a room at the Poly is Monday, July 19th. No room availability listed before then.

That aligns with their "Summer 2021" opening date. Of course construction can easily be delayed.

In my purely unscientific research of plugging dates into the reservation calendar, with no insight what-so-ever about previous room inventory, it looks like the earliest someone can now book a room at the Poly is Monday, July 19th. No rooms seem available before then.
My reservation is for July 20th so if this is the reopening date we would get to be some of the first people to stay in the new rooms! That would be amazing so fingers crossed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter