Resort Running Trails

CBMom01

DIS Veteran
Hi all! We’ll be staying at the Swan Reserve and are looking for a good 2-3 mile run while we are there. I’m guessing the DHS-Epcot walking paths might be too crowded to run comfortably. Are there other easily-accessible options? We’ll be there at a busy time in Dec. perfect running weather though!

The BC/YC/Swan/Dolph/BW area is perfect for running options. Depending on the time of day you're looking, the path from Swan to HS will have people on it, but it's certainly not wall-to-wall people. There is also a bridge partway to HS where you can branch off, go up to the main road, and run on some of the sidewalks they have available around that resort area. The sidewalks will lead you back to the front of the S/D resort. But for me, if you're looking for 2-3 miles, I'd head from Swan to the HS path, find a point around the buses to turn around, and then head back. If you need a little extra distance at the end, turn right at the Boardwalk and take the loop around the lake towards EPCOT, past BC/YC, and back to the Swan. That's going to get you in the 2-3 mile range. It's one of my favorite running loops at WDW.

Thank you! A solid 3 miles will be perfect. I just worried about doing the stroller dodge the whole time

(not being snarky about strollers at WDW of course. I run in downtown Chicago and avoid crowded sidewalks that are not really meant to be running paths)

I've never seen that loop too busy to run. If you add in the path to DHS and back, especially now that the Skyliner stop is there, it might be busy but if you run early enough that also won't be an issue.

This was a 5 mile loop I did in 2018 but some of that is multiple loops:

Last edited:

If you run early in the morning, this is a very nice place to run and you can get the distance by running towards HS as well as doing loops around the boardwalk.

There is also a bridge partway to HS where you can branch off, go up to the main road, and run on some of the sidewalks they have available around that resort area. The sidewalks will lead you back to the front of the S/D resort.
The sidewalk you mention actual makes a great ~ 2.5 mile loop around the entire EPCOT resort area. Going counter clockwise from the Swan Reserve: run along the Buena Vista drive sidewalk, over the water way/path to HS, past the skyliner and then turn left on EPCOT Resort BLVD and follow that sidewalk all the way around the back of the resorts. Sidewalks are typically empty at any point of the day especially on the back side of the resorts. When I ran it, I only saw a few Cast Members back there.

Not the most exciting scenery, but you can add distance by running the perimeters of all Epcot hotels, especially Dolphin, Yacht Club and Beach Club since they adjoin one another.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter