Resort Parking Fees to be enforced

Oh, and the funny thing is that DISers totally called this back when Disney first announced the parking fees for resort overnight guests. I remember there were a lot of folks here that said, "how is this going to be enforced if there isn't someone manning the parking gate?" or "how is this going to be enforced if they don't always provide a 3-hour parking pass?" or "how is this going to be enforced if you do online check-in?" or even better, "the minute I have to drive around the parking lot to find a spot, because they are all taken with day guests, I am going to the front desk to get the parking taken off my bill." Yup, it was only a matter of time before enforcement would need to begin. DISers called it.

I'm glad to see that at AKL it will be enforced. We are grandfathered in this time and have had problems finding a parking space in the past.

That seems odd. Day trippers seeking free ride to parks maybe? Seems like the farthest away choice.

What will likely happen is that every now and then, Disney will "crack down" on parking to generate some publicity and attempt to dissuade people from pulling the wool over their eyes to avoid the fees.

Publicity for who? Only Disney forum nerds like us will ever know anything about it. :D

This collecting fees at the resort booth doesn't make any sense to me.
Lets say I am staying at a deluxe for 10 days.
Am I going to pay 10 x $25 or $250 on the spot when I drive up the first time. I don't think so.
What if I want to pay cash if this new system was indeed true. Do you really think that WDW would allow an employee to handle thousands of dollars of cash?
Pay by credit card and have 20 cars in back of me waiting impatiently to check in. Again, I don't think so.
And what if I needed to cut my trip short by 5 days, are they going to refund me the 5 days I wasn't there?
Or, what if I pay the first night at the booth, but never move my car for the next 9 days. Does that mean I will only pay for one night?
And don't tell me that Disney will have my plate number and send people out at night to check plates. You know that won't happen.
What if I want to valet park for my entire stay? Tell the valet attendant don't charge me because I just paid a cast member at the entrance booth.
What if I use my Magic Band to lift the gate on the right side of the booth? Is someone going to stop me and collect money?
The line ups of cars never mind the confusion at the entrances that would occur is something that you know WDW will never let happen.

Am I going to pay 10 x $25 or $250 on the spot when I drive up the first time. I don't think so.
What if I want to pay cash if this new system was indeed true. Do you really think that WDW would allow an employee to handle thousands of dollars of cash?
Pay by credit card and have 20 cars in back of me waiting impatiently to check in. Again, I don't think so.
And what if I needed to cut my trip short by 5 days, are they going to refund me the 5 days I wasn't there?
Or, what if I pay the first night at the booth, but never move my car for the next 9 days. Does that mean I will only pay for one night?
And don't tell me that Disney will have my plate number and send people out at night to check plates. You know that won't happen.
What if I want to valet park for my entire stay? Tell the valet attendant don't charge me because I just paid a cast member at the entrance booth.
What if I use my Magic Band to lift the gate on the right side of the booth? Is someone going to stop me and collect money?
The line ups of cars never mind the confusion at the entrances that would occur is something that you know WDW will never let happen.
Yeah it seems sinister but maybe it isn’t. Maybe they are trying to judge guest reactions to being told they now have to pay to park their cars. My guess is most guests have no idea that this policy has changed and some get irate about it.

It doesn't say they're collecting fees at the gate, just that they have a CM stationed there to verify if you are an overnight guest, then they can add the fee to your room.

i am also DVC but occasionally would pay cash and stay on property. i will rethink that now. and of course we get out of parking fees for now as DVC members. but, i have a feeling that's only temporary.

DVC members pay for construction & maintenance of parking lots in our annual fees — they’re part of the “common areas” of the DVC resorts. That’s why DVC members don’t pay to park when staying at DVC resorts or when staying on points at a non-DVC resort, and Disney can’t change that without violating timeshare law.

DVC members pay for construction & maintenance of parking lots in our annual fees — they’re part of the “common areas” of the DVC resorts. That’s why DVC members don’t pay to park when staying at DVC resorts or when staying on points at a non-DVC resort, and Disney can’t change that without violating timeshare law.
sure hope you are right about that. seems to me if there is a potential loophole somewhere Disney will find a way to get through it.

If someone has an ADR they shouldn't be allowed in? If someone wants to spend money at the resort they shouldn't be allowed in? Not everyone tries to abuse the system.
I agree! We always go to O'hana every trip, and we usually don't stay at Poly. We need to be able to park to get to our ADR. I guess Disney needs to find park cars in an area for limited time parking.

So help me understand this. We are DVC members and plan to take our first no theme park weekend. We will be staying at Kidani. I was thinking of renting a car so we can drive to other Disney resorts for our dinners. Will I have to pay parking fees at the other resorts we visit? Depending on taxis gets expensive and WDW transportation can take forever. Thoughts, please!

Might sound harsh, but if it clears a spot for someone with an ADR then SO BE IT!!
Yes, it is very harsh. Someone who does not have an ADR, may prefer to do some shopping at the resort and then do a quick serve lunch. It is quite possible that this person will spend even more money than the person with an ADR. They should not be shut out from parking at the resort to visit. They may also just want to get a feel for that resort to see if it is in fact somewhere they want to stay on their next trip

So help me understand this. We are DVC members and plan to take our first no theme park weekend. We will be staying at Kidani. I was thinking of renting a car so we can drive to other Disney resorts for our dinners. Will I have to pay parking fees at the other resorts we visit? Depending on taxis gets expensive and WDW transportation can take forever. Thoughts, please!
yes i believe you are correct. every resort that you are not staying at with DVC points you would need to pay parking at to park your car. the exception is if you have a reservation at one of their table service restaurants. your best bet is using disney transportation to get where you are going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter