Resort Parking Fees to be enforced

Interesting....A quote from the article
"We specifically spotted this in action at Disney’s Port Orleans Resorts, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa, Disney’s Beach Club Resort, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge this week."

We just got back from an 11 day stay with a car at POR and drove to POFQ, The Grand Floridian and the Beach Club and did not see this at all. We had reservations for breakfast at the Grand Floridian but not at Beach Club...we got Ice Cream and walked around the Boardwalk Area. We told the guard who was alone what we were planning and he told us where to park. No issues at all.

Hi Rteetz we will be at Beach Club for two weeks in Feb. The Disney website states uk guests still get free parking through 31.12.19. When we check in will they automatically know we are there on a UK reservation? Should I alert them we don’t pay for parking? I’m not sure how to handle it I don’t want any accidental charges.

I forgot we also went to Old Key West twice for reservations at Olivia's...no second person there either.

"We specifically spotted this in action at Disney’s Port Orleans Resorts, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa, Disney’s Beach Club Resort, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge this week."

We just got back from an 11 day stay with a car at POR and drove to POFQ, The Grand Floridian and the Beach Club and did not see this at all. We had reservations for breakfast at the Grand Floridian but not at Beach Club...we got Ice Cream and walked around the Boardwalk Area. We told the guard who was alone what we were planning and he told us where to park. No issues at all.
Do you have a link to the article?

I forgot we also went to Old Key West twice for reservations at Olivia's...no second person there either.
The title of this thread is “ To be Enforced “. NOT “ Has Been Enforced”

Last edited:
We always online check in and never visit the front desk, for check in at least, and we drive. I wasn't even intending to skip out on the fees. I figured they were just already tacked on to the bill and they would know you're a guest when they scan your MB or ask your last name.

If people staying at a resort lied and said they were eating dinner while staying at that resort, man thats super shady.

Hi Rteetz we will be at Beach Club for two weeks in Feb. The Disney website states uk guests still get free parking through 31.12.19. When we check in will they automatically know we are there on a UK reservation? Should I alert them we don’t pay for parking? I’m not sure how to handle it I don’t want any accidental charges.
They should be able to see on the reservation that you don't pay.

Just started rolling out Sunday.

They shouldnt allow any one in unless they have a magic and that shows they pay for parking at another resort. They checked mine at boardwalk and yachts club. If u pay at one you good to go anywhere which is great.
If someone has an ADR they shouldn't be allowed in? If someone wants to spend money at the resort they shouldn't be allowed in? Not everyone tries to abuse the system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!