Resort Parking Fees to be enforced

It is the hill I would die on. We fly, so I really should not have a complaint, however if my family wanted to rent a car, and I knew I needed to pay parking fees, I am pretty sure I would just stay elsewhere. I am pretty peeved about this fee as it is, and as I said, it does not affect me.

I agree and we mostly have DVC stays and don’t have to pay resort parking. I tend to think of the new parking fees as a slippery slope.

Where did you read that people with handicapped placards get free parking? I'm not challenging you-I'm really curious. I haven't read that for sure anywhere. I have a handicap placard, but didn't know.

Simba's Mom...After the parking fees were announced, I was confused so I emailed WDW to inquire about the parking because we have a handicapped placard. I advised that parking was free at the resort and that I should advise the CM when I check in that we have a car and a handicapped placard. I was also advised about the complimentary valet parking at the deluxe resorts. When we arrived at the resort, I advised that we were renting a car and had a handicapped placard and inquired if the CM needed to see it and she advised it was fine and noted it on our reservation.

I am a devout Disney loyalist and have not stayed off property since the 1980s. I make several trips to WDW a year, always flying and using MDE.

I am thinking about visiting this weekend. I would like to have a car because with this being such a short trip, I would like to be able to drive myself to the airport - directly from the park, and not build in the extra 3+ hours it will take to get back to the resort for MDE and then the pick up time.

So, I can pay $130 for a value plus $13 per night = 143/nt

or

off property with free parking = $50/nt (i have even found lower prices than $50)

I am an AP holder so parking is free at park.

I am a devout Disney loyalist and have not stayed off property since the 1980s. I make several trips to WDW a year, always flying and using MDE.

I am thinking about visiting this weekend. I would like to have a car because with this being such a short trip, I would like to be able to drive myself to the airport - directly from the park, and not build in the extra 3+ hours it will take to get back to the resort for MDE and then the pick up time.

So, I can pay $130 for a value plus $13 per night = 143/nt

or

off property with free parking = $50/nt (i have even found lower prices than $50)

I am an AP holder so parking is free at park.

Have a great trip wherever you end up staying.

As an FYI, when we valet parked at DTD, with a handicap placard, we still had to pay. I was hoping that the free resort valet parking for disabled with handicap placard would extend to here, but it didn't, unless the policy has changed. This was last year.

As an FYI, when we valet parked at DTD, with a handicap placard, we still had to pay. I was hoping that the free resort valet parking for disabled with handicap placard would extend to here, but it didn't, unless the policy has changed. This was last year.

Only at the resorts does it mean no parking fee.

I wish they would extend that to APs. I almost stayed on site for the first time ever, but then when I made the reservation they reminded me there would be a parking charge. I told them nevermind.

It's not a privilege that they extend to DVC members DVC members pay for maintenance of the car parks through their dues so they can't change DVC

Simba's Mom...After the parking fees were announced, I was confused so I emailed WDW to inquire about the parking because we have a handicapped placard. I advised that parking was free at the resort and that I should advise the CM when I check in that we have a car and a handicapped placard. I was also advised about the complimentary valet parking at the deluxe resorts. When we arrived at the resort, I advised that we were renting a car and had a handicapped placard and inquired if the CM needed to see it and she advised it was fine and noted it on our reservation.

Thanks- sounds pretty reliable!

Hello! I just got back from a 5 night stay at Pop. I was never asked if I drove, and there was no mention of parking fees when I checked in.

I paid cash at check in for my room as I always do and never put a CC on my acct for charging.

I left about 11am on check out day. There was no bill on my door...so I just left. I knew I had nothing to settle since I do not charge to my room.

I am fully aware of the parking fees and was prepared to pay them in cash. But I just assumed if they wanted it they would have asked/billed me while I was there.

And also this room only reservation was only booked a month ago, so not within the time frame to have it waived.

Will they send me a bill in the mail?

Will they send me a bill in the mail?

I always get mine by Email.
regarding parking fees, they’re so inconsistent. On my last DVC stay, they asked me at check in if I had a car. As I walked away, I wondered why she’d asked since DVC Don’t pay for parking

I struggle with this. I understand a lot of people are upset at what seems like yet another way to fee us to death, however, as I travel for business, I have to say in all the major cities I go to, the hotels all charge if you want to park there. Some are as high as $75/night! Before anyone says that’s because they have limited parking, isn’t that the reason Disney is doing it? They just have the problem on a much larger scale. They only have parking for a fraction of the rooms they have at each resort.

I struggle with this. I understand a lot of people are upset at what seems like yet another way to fee us to death, however, as I travel for business, I have to say in all the major cities I go to, the hotels all charge if you want to park there. Some are as high as $75/night! Before anyone says that’s because they have limited parking, isn’t that the reason Disney is doing it? They just have the problem on a much larger scale. They only have parking for a fraction of the rooms they have at each resort.
If it was because of limited space for parking, they wouldn't be doing it at the less centrally located value and moderate resorts that have more than enough space. Or perhaps they would be doing it for day guests. As it stands now, an overnight guest paying huge dollars to stay there is still fighting day guests who frequently come in and say they're there to eat and shop, pay nothing for parking, then hop over to the parks for the day.

If it was an issue time and time again that all resorts had issues with parking it would be more believable. As is a lot of times the issues with parking is not overnight parking by hotel guests of that particular hotel. It's usually people going during the day and parking for a longer time period than normally is allotted, going to theme parks, etc.

It would never be feasible for Disney to build parking spots for every single room they have on property. But on the other hand not every single room on property has a vehicle with them nor every single night. Also if that was the case that it's really just due to limited parking why wouldn't Disney have done this a long long time ago. Attendance spike or not not having parking spaces for all rooms has always been the case.

I think they have plenty of parking at all the values and moderates; and likely not a problem at most others. Tons of guests fly in, so no parking is needed.

Is parking an issue at Contemporary, BW and sometimes Poly, GF? YES.
Can they fix it? YES.
Have they even really tried? NO.

This is straight up, "hey why don't we charge for parking like some others do?" ... no one seemed to stop to think that Disney prices are already so high they already include parking and resort fees. Honestly the ONLY people that get a nice perk from those built in fees are those who fly, get ME for free and don't pay to park. It's almost like those who drive are charged twice. Once for not using ME and once to park their car.

Last edited:
Totally agree. I don’t even pay to park because of DVC and I think Disney is out of line. And I am one that either drives there or rents a car so I do have to search for spots in occasion due to park goers who park at BW.

Hi. I just arrived from my trip and was charged parking at the resort. We had a handicap placard, though we did not mention it at time of check-in (the valet people did tell me if I didn't find handicap spot they would do complimentary valet though). From reading some of the posts here, am I suppose to get a refund? I spoke on the phone with someone at billing and they said everyone had to pay parking.

I travel a lot for business myself. Yes I'm used to parking fees. I am not however used to them when on a so called all inclusive vacation at Disney. We have driven to Disney from PA every year for the past decade. We generally stay at mods, sometimes deluxe. There is absolutely no shortage of parking at any of these resorts, especially the mods. There is usually an abundance of available spots. This is nothing more than a money grab, and a big one IMO. Hell, our upcoming stay is 13 nights, that's going to be nearly $250, or an extra night at a mod, or dinner, or a LOT of souvenirs.

I honestly think next year may be our last on site. The rooms are already double or more what I can stay in off property and frankly, half the room size and quality. This parking fee has pretty much "driven" us out me thinks.

Indeed. I've paid to park at many hotels and resorts.

But Disney is the *only* one that doesn't charge for Day guest parking. Every single place that I've paid as an overnight guest, I've paid as a day guest. They all validate for Day guests in restaurants/ shops, but there is at least an attempt to charge Day guests.

I've also always gotten our checkout statement by email. Never in person/never in the room. Did you check the email that you used to make your reservation? Disney may be the only hotel that does not require a cc for "incidentals." That's rather unusual.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!