Resort Parking Fees for Disabled

2hapykdz

DIS Veteran
It says on the website that there are complimentary sites for people with a disabled plaque, does that mean you are exempt from daily parking fees if you have a plaque? Any one come across this?TIA!

It says on the website that there are complimentary sites for people with a disabled plaque, does that mean you are exempt from daily parking fees if you have a plaque? Any one come across this?TIA!
No. It means that the spaces are closer to the park entrances and tram stops. You still pay for parking at the theme parks.

Those with a handicap placard get free valet parking when staying or dining at the resorts that offer valet parking.

You also get free overnight parking at all Disney resorts with a valid placard or license plate. Complimentary Valet parking at the Deluxe and self-parking at all other Disney resorts.

Also if you are an on-site guest, then you also don't pay for parking at the 4 Theme parks. Just need to scan your magic band or provide your room key (yes they still have those, just ask at the front desk).

Dave

You also get free overnight parking at all Disney resorts with a valid placard or license plate. Complimentary Valet parking at the Deluxe and self-parking at all other Disney resorts.

Also if you are an on-site guest, then you also don't pay for parking at the 4 Theme parks. Just need to scan your magic band or provide your room key (yes they still have those, just ask at the front desk).

Dave
Dave....that was my original question...so with the new parking fees at the resort, you don't have to pay if you have a handicap plaque? I think the other responder thought I meant about all parking.

Dave....that was my original question...so with the new parking fees at the resort, you don't have to pay if you have a handicap plaque? I think the other responder thought I meant about all parking.

I would like to know the answer also ..... officially from Disney. I have yet to read anything other than opinions, seen nothing from Disney themselves. If you looking at their Parking Information it does not say this, only that there are designated parking spots.

Honestly (and we have HC placecard) I don't know why it would be free at the hotels.

Maybe email them direct to have something in writing from Disney -
disability.services@disneyparks.com

Resort Hotels
Registered Guests:

Overnight Self-Parking

• Effective for reservations made March 21, 2018 and thereafter, standard overnight self-parking is available to registered Guests for a fee that will be applied to their hotel folio upon check-out. All parking fees include applicable tax.
Standard Overnight Parking charges per Resort Category:
  • Disney Value Resorts: $13 per night
  • Disney Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
  • Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $24 per night
Complimentary standard parking is available to Guests staying at the Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. Each campsite provides parking space for one (1) motorized vehicle.

Valet Parking
Valet Parking is available at select Disney Deluxe Resorts and Disney Deluxe Villas for $33 per night (sales tax included).

Guests with Disabilities
Designated parking areas are available throughout Walt Disney World Resort for Guests with disabilities. A valid disability parking permit is required.

Last edited:
I would like to know the answer also ..... officially from Disney. I have yet to read anything other than opinions, seen nothing from Disney themselves. If you looking at their Parking Information it does not say this, only that there are designated parking spots. Honestly (and we have HC placecard) I don't know why it would be free at the hotels.

Maybe email them direct to have something in writing from Disney -
disability.services@disneyparks.com

Resort Hotels
Registered Guests:

Overnight Self-Parking

• Effective for reservations made March 21, 2018 and thereafter, standard overnight self-parking is available to registered Guests for a fee that will be applied to their hotel folio upon check-out. All parking fees include applicable tax.
Standard Overnight Parking charges per Resort Category:
  • Disney Value Resorts: $13 per night
  • Disney Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
  • Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $24 per night
Complimentary standard parking is available to Guests staying at the Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. Each campsite provides parking space for one (1) motorized vehicle.

Valet Parking
Valet Parking is available at select Disney Deluxe Resorts and Disney Deluxe Villas for $33 per night (sales tax included).

Guests with Disabilities
Designated parking areas are available throughout Walt Disney World Resort for Guests with disabilities. A valid disability parking permit is required.

There is nothing noted here that you get free parking. Why would would you? You're staying overnight just like any other guest.

There is nothing noted here that you get free parking. Why would would you? You're staying overnight just like any other guest.

I completely agree with you, which was my reason for posting this. I keep seeing folks say that HC place cards will get free parking at resorts. Disney has not said that in announcements and they do not say that in the parking information ... even though there is nod to campsites getting free parking, and info on where there is HA parking spots. If it were free why isn't it posted here just like the campsites?

It was discussed when the parking fee was first announced. But the written info does not state “complimentary” just “available.” I haven’t seen any direct reports stating one or the other, though. Reports about the parking fees seem to be hit-or-miss anyway.

Enjoy your vacation!

I do know at hotels, valet parking is free for people with handicap placards. I have used it and did not get charged.

So, I was wondering about the self-parking at moderates versus the valet at deluxe resorts since I might just try to pull off a trip in the next 6 months for at least my sister and I. Since, it might be a bit last minute, I might find myself driving if I cannot get decent flight prices and depending on how many people go. Since my sister has a HA Placard and we have used it at deluxe resorts, I wanted to know for pricing out hotels. I sent a message to Disney's Disabilities Services to ask about his matter. I have no problem if I have to pay the amount, I just want to know for pricing out different resorts and adding additional fees.

The plan was not to do WDW again until 2020 after my January 2018 trip since I plan to go to DL in August 2019 for D23. I already broke that plan by taking my sister to WDW for Easter weekend, but we flew.

Is WDW still extending the accommodation of free overnight parking for resort guests with a valid disability hang-tag or plates?

Is WDW still extending the accommodation of free overnight parking for resort guests with a valid disability hang-tag or plates?

Yes, I just got it (free parking at resort) on my 2-9 November trip. Of course, they still charged it to my room but I just had to visit the front desk to have it removed. No problem.

Do you need to bring the placard to the front desk or you just notify them?

Do you need to bring the placard to the front desk or you just notify them?

When I went to the front desk to tell them about my charges, I did not have the placard with me. I offered to go get it just so as not to make the CM feel uncomfortable about it, but she said "no problem." If it's convenient for you to take the placard without possibly getting a ticket, then I would do so but apparently they will take your word for it too.

Ha, just posted this question on a new thread. Guess I should have read further down the messages!
Is there any written policy on the subject of complimentary parking for H tag?
Could not seem to find any..

There is the email posted above.

you might want to report your new thread, only to have the Moderators close it.

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest