Resort Parking fees and dialysis

I'm from NH and was just explaining how our State handles handicap placards as other States might be similar. :idea:
Some states are. In my state it’s VERY difficult to get one. It requires an affidavit from the doctor that must be VERY specific in its wording. Then an appointment with the DMV that is almost impossible to get. Many are still rejected and must go through The whole process again. It took months to get one for my grandmother. if you disability isn’t in the category they consider “ permanent” you have to re apply twice a year.

And in *my* home state, the doctor fills out their part of the form only AFTER you have gotten the form, and filled out your portion first; typically that's pretty easy (you download it from the state website) but then you have to mail the form, and a check for the fee ($5) to the state capitol, and wait 6 to 8 weeks for the hangtag to arrive. We have never done the license plates in my home state because they take as long, (6 to 8 weeks to process) and there is a higher added cost for the special plate, so I just stick with the hangtag.

*Some* states do have a "temporary" disabled placard that can be quicker to get - I think it's just *my* home state that thinks that a "temporary" placard/hangtag should take 6 to 8 weeks... by then, people with a broken leg, or who are healing from surgery, etc. typically don't need it anymore! (hmmm... maybe that's the strategy?)
Out here in California, the process is normally complicated; however, if you are a AAA member, they can assist after you get the doctor's note.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter