Resort Dilemma**Updated**

I am back and changed my opinion:smooth: (a woman's right :teeth: )!
If AKL is all dressed up for Christmas, I think that would be more cozy that time of year:D !

I'm an AKL fan here.....definately give AKL a try....if not for being DVCers AKL would our favorite resort......

Give it a try....if you don't like it go back to Poly next trip..

AARRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!! After all the upsetness I have had over this decision for the last four days I went to cancel the ressie for the Poly and explained why. I was told there is NO WAY WDWTC or CRO can tell if a resort is maxed out because they dont have privey to all the rooms available!!!!!! He told me that whomever I talked to couldnt have possibly known for sure that it is maxed out and that she never should have told me that!!!! He suggested I call Guest Services in the morning because they might be more able to see how REALLY booked the Poly is. All this upsetness when it may not be maxed out at all!!!!

And no I didnt cancel the ressie until I talk to guest services tomorrow. I will decide then what to do.

Why do I feel like I should say.....Tune in tomorrow for the next installment of As the Mouse Turns!

LOL...I've found out that CM's are supposed to treat the occupancy levels as secret info that they should guard with their life.

But...Isn't the week after T'giving supposed to be one of the busiest weeks of the year? I would go under the assumtion that all resorts will be slammed and plan from there.

Bob thats kind of what I am doing. Im going under the assumption that it really is slam booked and I will go from there. BTW THANK YOU for your explanation of the people pens on the other post. That was driving me crazy because no one knew what they were when I talked to CRO/WDWTC.

I spoke with Guest Services this morning and the VERY sweet lady I spoke to assured me that in NO WAY was the Poly maxed out for Thanksgiving Day Weekend. She felt so badly that I was told that and that I had been concerned for a few days over it. I mentioned that I was even willing to upgrade to concierge to get a garden view but had been unable to get one at the code rate I had or actually at ANY rate. The pixies were listening because she FOUND ONE!!!!! I am SO EXCITED!!! We are sticking to the Poly for this trip. I was so happy and so relieved this morning when I talked to her that I started to cry!

This is the same lady I spoke to last week when WDWTC messed up and instead of upgrading me to concierge on the August trip they RAISED my code rate and kept me in the same regular garden room category. I called back to have the notes on my ressie taken off my ressie a half hour after I had booked it and I found this out but by then there were no garden concierge rooms at my code rate when there had been a half hour before. Thankfully I mentioned to the girl that I was excited about staying in a concierge room. She said NO your not your regular garden view room. She asked me to hold and put me on with Guest Services and this lovely lady pulled a rabbit out of a hat that time too and got me the room.

Glad to hear things worked out the way you really wanted....maybe next time you can try my fav...the AKL:D

zurgswife we will definitely be trying AKL. I really do want to stay there. I keep hoping they will come out with some good rates starting Jan 1. I might just change the Swan trip to an AKL trip. My kids dont go back until the 6th of Jan so I could still do a trip early Jan.

Keep your Resys at the Poly. Get PS for the restaurants you want. The Volcano Pool Complex is far better than that of the AKL. If you change, what will happen when the late comers book the AKL to the max???? You will regret the change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter