Resort choice with 4 month old

DisneyPandaBear

Earning My Ears
Grand Floridian garden view v Animal kingdom club level v boardwalk villas 1 bedroom

Planning trip for end of Feb/start of March. All similarly priced. See pros and cons for all. Which of the three would or have you stay at with a 4 month old?

We did Disney with an 8 month old last year and stayed at the Beach Club. It was really nice to have the ability to walk to DHS, Epcot and the Boardwalk area, especially in the evening. We often just put him in the carrier, he fell asleep and we stayed out until fireworks. Very few transfers involved in getting him to sleep for the night in the room!

For those reasons I think I would do the Boardwalk, it was just really nice to have walking options that didn't require any transportation logistics at all.

I haven’t been with a 4 month old (my daughter is just about to be 3 months and we haven’t been to WDW yet) but my choice would be either GF or BW depending on if you plan to spend more time at Epcot or MK. I think both those resorts will be the easiest to get to and from the parks for when baby needs a nap or is over stimulated.

When our kid was that young we HAD to have a 1-bedroom or more for him to sleep. He is an amazing sleeper, goes down easy and sleeps through the night. But if a leaf landed on carpet in his room he'd wake up. So he has to be sequestered.

Only you know your kid and what they need.

But there is the close to the park factor as well. I would vote GF or Boardwalk for park proximity for when the little one has had enough.

BW if you want to do more Epcot and GF of you want more magic kingdom. I’d hold off on animal kingdom until your baby is older. BW would get the edge for me because of the ability to do laundry in the 1 bedroom and have more space for a crib/pack and play.

Boardwalk one bedroom. Absolutely, no contest.

Walk to two parks. Laundry in your room. Separate space for you when baby is sleeping. You will love it!

Enjoy!

Thanks everyone! Good points. Think we will go with the BWV 1bed. Makes sense and you are all totally right it gets extra points for the extra space (will be nice for nap time) and laundry alone. I also like all the walking options and restraints within walking distance.

I agree with the BW 1 bedroom, being able to separate the crib is a huge help, as is having laundry & kitchen for making & washing bottles. Walking to Epcot & DHS is also great, especially at night when you don’t have to disturb them in the stroller. We also ended up taking the monorail from MK to Epcot and then walking to our resort instead of taking the bus back just so she could stay in the stroller sleeping

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter