• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Resignation Letter to Daycare parents

Nanu57v

The Tooth Fairy had a message here before.
So I've made the decision to resign as daycare director...a position I've held for over 3 years. I've informed the staff, now I need to inform the parents we will be looking for a new director. What should I say? So far I have, "Dear families,..."

When I resigned it was to stay home after the birth of my second child. If I remember I said what a great job I'd had and how I'd enjoyed getting to know the kids and their parents, but it was time for me to go on to another adventure...blah,blah, blah...;)
I forgot to add that my assistant director was taking over for me so it would be a smooth transition.

How's this?

Dear Families,

I have made the difficult decision to resign as daycare director at ABC Preschool & Daycare. I’ve appreciated the opportunity to be part of your children’s lives over the past three years and I know I will miss them all. Thank you for entrusting your children to our care.

We are in the process of searching for a new director and will keep you informed as the process continues. Please be assured that your children will receive the same high quality of care and education during this time of transition.

Sincerely,

As a parent, I have to say I really don't like that letter. No offense intended. But I really want to know who is in charge at all times. That means I want to know when your last day will be, and who will be in charge the day after your last day if no new director has been found by then.

Pretty good- but I think I would make the first part more heartfelt?

I’ve appreciated the opportunity to be part of your children’s lives over the past three years and I know I will miss them all. Thank you for entrusting your children to our care.

to maybe

I've enjoyed the chance to share in the lives of your children over the past three years. Watching their growth and joy will be what I will miss the most. Thank you for allowing me to share in your children's magical young years.

(perhaps you could mention why you are leaving if you can share that info - to put parents minds at ease that something wierd isn't happening at the school. unless of course something wierd is happening and it is making you leave. )

I agree with Mal - I would want to know exactly what is going to happen. I might also add that you are available to discuss their concerns, answer their questions, etc.

Denae

As a parent, I have to say I really don't like that letter. No offense intended. But I really want to know who is in charge at all times. That means I want to know when your last day will be, and who will be in charge the day after your last day if no new director has been found by then.

I don't have a last day. Its pending a replacement, that's why I left it out.

Pretty good- but I think I would make the first part more heartfelt?

I’ve appreciated the opportunity to be part of your children’s lives over the past three years and I know I will miss them all. Thank you for entrusting your children to our care.

to maybe

I've enjoyed the chance to share in the lives of your children over the past three years. Watching their growth and joy will be what I will miss the most. Thank you for allowing me to share in your children's magical young years.
Wow, thanks that's awesome!
(perhaps you could mention why you are leaving if you can share that info - to put parents minds at ease that something wierd isn't happening at the school. unless of course something wierd is happening and it is making you leave. )
:rotfl: about the wierdnessI'm leaving to stay home with DD, but I felt like I might make the parents feel bad by saying that since they can't stay home.

I agree with Mal - I would want to know exactly what is going to happen. I might also add that you are available to discuss their concerns, answer their questions, etc.

Denae

Good point about discussing concerns. Thanks!

That's good! I would say that then, something along the lines of "I will be here until a new director is hired and I will be personally involved in training him/her."

That will make most parents breathe a little easier.

Dear Families,

I have made the difficult decision to resign as daycare director at ABC Preschool & Daycare. I've enjoyed the chance to share in the lives of your children over the past three years and I know I will miss seeing them grow and learn. Thank you for entrusting your children to our care OR Thank you for allowing me to share in your children's magical young years.

We are in the process of searching for a new director and will keep you informed as the process continues. I will still be acting as director during the search process. Please be assured that your children will receive the same high quality of care and education during this time of transition.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call me in the office at xxx.

Sincerely,

me

I can't get the last sentence in the first paragraph right...I don't like the word magical as its a church daycare with a legalistic backround but my sentence is cut and dry.

I like it much better!

How about "amazing growth" instead of "magical etc"? Dunno if that sounds better or not.

That's good! I would say that then, something along the lines of "I will be here until a new director is hired and I will be personally involved in training him/her."

That will make most parents breathe a little easier.

I like Mal's addition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter