Reserve time at the family pool???

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO what defines the family pool area? Is that all of the pool deck (minus the adult only area) including the food areas, the tables and the ice cream? Is it only the area that's out in the sun?

I would have a major problem if I am cut off from getting lunch or a refill of my soda outside of my reservation time. Does that basically cut off funnelvision from everyone who doesn't have a reservation?

I mean lets be honest here - there is not a ton to do on a cruise ship. Much of what you go for is to be on deck somewhere.

SO what defines the family pool area? Is that all of the pool deck (minus the adult only area) including the food areas, the tables and the ice cream? Is it only the area that's out in the sun?

I would have a major problem if I am cut off from getting lunch or a refill of my soda outside of my reservation time. Does that basically cut off funnelvision from everyone who doesn't have a reservation?

I mean lets be honest here - there is not a ton to do on a cruise ship. Much of what you go for is to be on deck somewhere.

the first paying passenger cruise is on July 15 and there are a few media / test cruises before that, so wait a few weeks and all your questions will be answered.

DCL knows what families do and don't want to deal with on their cruises. Reserving pool times & trivia times are anathema to most guests, who just want to relax and do what they want when they want to without being overscheduled, which is one of the things that makes a cruise much more relaxing than the Disney theme parks, for example. What DCL has to do to get through the initial phase of cruising this year isn't the same as how they want to run things going forward next year and onward. Changing an app isn't that hard for Disney. There is no reason to assume or preach that "this is going to be the new normal and everyone had better get used to it". There is no indication of that at all. It's clear that the UK sailings are going to be unique, and everyone knows that cruising will be different during the initial reopening period until the CDC stops micromanaging cruise lines. But beyond that, DCL is going to focus on getting back to normal and making their customers happy.

I'll also add that America and Britain are in very different places in regards to reopening & people's access to vaccination, and therefore in regard to how much freedom they're accustomed to having. So a restriction that might seem like no big deal to someone living in Britain right now & is accustomed to Britain's level of restrictions, would seem much more restrictive to someone from Florida. And Disney understands that. They don't have to deal with Americans on their UK cruises this summer, but their later cruises in the U.S. will have mostly American passengers who aren't going to want to pay to be micromanaged on vacation. A large percentage of them will have been sending their kids to in-person school almost all year, have been able to travel domestically with very few restrictions, every adult here has the chance to get vaccinated, and it's gradually becoming available for their kids, too. They can go to Disney World and walk around maskless outdoors at the parks, and go from ride to ride at will, eat at restaurants, then hang out at the resort pool when and how they wish. They aren't going to want to then board a Disney cruise & feel like they have to schedule their every move.
Exactly!!! Next will be we have to schedule an appointment to get an ice cream cone or a cup of coffee on deck 11!! For me, as long as all the crew and all passengers over age 12 have been vaccinated--and everyone on board (including children_) have tested negative before climbing aboard--I would be quite content to sail on a ship with no restrictions whatsoever.

IIRC there is a railing around the specific area of the pool deck that is around/between the Mickey Pool and Donald Pool -- at least on the Dream. That would be the logical access restriction. It would still allow loungers around the outer part of the deck as well as access to Cabanas, the beverage stations and the quick service locations.

the first paying passenger cruise is on July 15 and there are a few media / test cruises before that, so wait a few weeks and all your questions will be answered.

Sorry, you must not be from the modern American society of "I want it now, now, NOW!". We're into instant gratification these days. 'Wait' is officially a 4 letter word. You might as well kick my dog and spill red wine of my white sofa on your way out the door. :rotfl2:

OK, I get wanting to vent but in the interest of ceasing the stereotypes across both sides of the pond I'm going to close this. We have no concrete info as to how this will work in the US, just assumptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter