Reservations harder as single parent?

terri33inne

DIS Veteran
I'm just curious if anyone else has encountered this?

Last year I was trying to get a reservation for the Wishes Dessert Party, when I searched as 1 adult, and 1 child, or party of 2, it came back as nothing available, when I changed it to a party of 4 there was availability. I didn't think much of it given how glitchy the Disney website can be.

Now tonight I'm playing with resort options for our December trip, and for example, when I searched for 1 adult 1 child POR was showing as nothing available, when I changed it to 2 adults, 2 children, suddenly it was available.

Just wondering if smaller parties get 'leftovers', or is it just my over active imagination?

The Wishes Dessert Party has very few tables for two. Most are four or more so I think that is what happened there.

Not sure why the resorts would do that, I travel all the time just myself and DS and never have a problem. It might be a better idea to call and try to book with a person.

I book for 2 all the time, every trip. Never had an issue with it.

I'd just call, frankly. The website is wonky.

There was one time when I had to book a breakfast at Crystal Palace for 4 instead of 3 like we had. I just let them know when we got there and thankfully didn't get charged any no show fee. I tried from the 180 day all the way to the week we left to get a reservation for 3 like my other ADRs and was never able to. Other than that, I haven't had an issue.

I've never had any issues booking anything for me and the kiddo. I've been taking her as a single father for 5 years.

I've never had problems booking for just DD and me, but I tend to book our ADRs right at the 180 day mark. I do know that they have limited spots for each party size. There could be openings for a party of 4, but not for a party of 2. I took a solo trip a few years ago and found that I was having trouble making ADRs for 1, but I could make ADRs for 2.

I've never had a problem booking for two either. But, I'm also up at 3:00 am (being on the west coast) rearing to go at 180 days. So, I've never had a problem booking anything I wanted. I hope this goes better for you in the future!

There is a lot I could get a 3 person reservation for but not a 2 person. Most places have far more 4+ people tables than 2 person and I'm pretty sure the reservation system uses table size to try to get more people overall in.

There is a lot I could get a 3 person reservation for but not a 2 person. Most places have far more 4+ people tables than 2 person and I'm pretty sure the reservation system uses table size to try to get more people overall in.

My son and I have ate at plenty of TS restaurants and have never been sat at a 2 person table. It's always a 4 person table.

Although it does make sense in a business standpoint. You're going to make more money off 4 than 2. Which may be the case in an extra add on like the Wishes Dessert Party.

My son and I have ate at plenty of TS restaurants and have never been sat at a 2 person table. It's always a 4 person table.

Although it does make sense in a business standpoint. You're going to make more money off 4 than 2. Which may be the case in an extra add on like the Wishes Dessert Party.

I've had the exact opposite experience. DD and I are almost always sat at a 2 person table and very seldom at a 4 person table.

Most of the tie I have no problems booking a two person table. I have not been able to make reservations for some of the more popular restaurants. But I keep calling as many people change reservations every day. I was even fortunate to walk-in at Crystal Palace. While they were turning away the groups I was able to grab a table for two (multiple two toppers were empty). So all I can say is keep trying and call the WDWDine hotline verses the website. Or try a walk-in when you get there. Someone may not show or cancel that day and you can get lucky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!