Reservation Question

inlove678

Earning My Ears
DH and I are going on our first disney cruise on the dream in May along with 15 members of my family most of whom have been on a DCL before. Our reservations were all booked together through Costco under so will we be able to make reservations 90 days out like they can or do we have to wait 75 (or until we get on the ship) We want to do a dinner alone...so none of them will be with us

Also do you think we will be able to board at the same time as them? They keep saying they have priority or something like that....

TIA

It may be a bit late (or approaching that point) to have one of your family members move one of their kids or someone into your room (or if you have kids with you and DH, you could swap kids on the reservations to keep the numbers in the rooms the same.) If you had even one repeat cruiser in your room, regardless of their age, then everyone in your room would be eligible for the repeat cruiser benefits, including the right to book Palo, etc early. First time cruisers can only book at the 75 day mark. Repeat cruisers can book at the 90 day or earlier mark, depending on their castaway club status.

Short of that, I'm not sure you'd be able to book a dinner for just the 2 of you at the 90 day or earlier mark that the repeat cruisers will be able to book.

I don't know if it will help, since your rooms are linked, if you pay in full by the time they get to book, and have 1 couple linked with you make separate Palo reservations including 1 of you and 1 of them in each reservation. Then, when it's time to do to dinner, they could go to one reservation, and you can go to the other one. I've been linked to new cruisers before, but she joined within the 75 day booking window so we never tried to book her in Palo before she was eligible. Each person can only have one advance Palo reservation per meal type (dinner, brunch, tea), so they can't book multiple reservations for themselves and give you one. When you book, you are always in the lead slot on the reservation, but you can designate who will be eating with you, and it generally shows you the list of all adults linked with your reservation.

It may be a bit late (or approaching that point) to have one of your family members move one of their kids or someone into your room (or if you have kids with you and DH, you could swap kids on the reservations to keep the numbers in the rooms the same.) If you had even one repeat cruiser in your room, regardless of their age, then everyone in your room would be eligible for the repeat cruiser benefits, including the right to book Palo, etc early. First time cruisers can only book at the 75 day mark. Repeat cruisers can book at the 90 day or earlier mark, depending on their castaway club status.

Short of that, I'm not sure you'd be able to book a dinner for just the 2 of you at the 90 day or earlier mark that the repeat cruisers will be able to book.

I don't know if it will help, since your rooms are linked, if you pay in full by the time they get to book, and have 1 couple linked with you make separate Palo reservations including 1 of you and 1 of them in each reservation. Then, when it's time to do to dinner, they could go to one reservation, and you can go to the other one. I've been linked to new cruisers before, but she joined within the 75 day booking window so we never tried to book her in Palo before she was eligible. Each person can only have one advance Palo reservation per meal type (dinner, brunch, tea), so they can't book multiple reservations for themselves and give you one. When you book, you are always in the lead slot on the reservation, but you can designate who will be eating with you, and it generally shows you the list of all adults linked with your reservation.

Benefits as in booking stuff earlier? But what about even a lanyard for the new Cruiser or say shop discount if the child had gold status?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter