Resale points just loaded - extra points?

mom2elle

Mouseketeer
We recently closed on a resale contract at SSR, Dec UY. Our points were just loaded today and it looks like there are 28 “surprise” points that are there, banked from Dec 2018 into Dec 2019. This wasn’t disclosed to us as part of the sale, but if I understand correctly they will expire at the end of this month. If that’s the case - and rooms are available this weekend, I can book something, right? Am I missing anything? I am not local, so I would be booking a night for a friend who is local.....

-K

I received an extra 19 2019 points on a recently closed resale. My son and DIL were able to use them this month at BWV. I had to sign an addendum that I acknowledge receipt after DVC uncovered them. I'm surprised the closing company didn't disclose them even though it is in your favor. I'd call DVC to confirm they are yours! Nice surprise!

Yes, you can book. It is possible that these came from a canceled trip and that is why they are there,

Great thank! Now I realize I am getting off topic but if I want to book a room for a friend, what info do I need from my friend to do this? Just her name? I’ll call member services when the open this am.

Great thank! Now I realize I am getting off topic but if I want to book a room for a friend, what info do I need from my friend to do this? Just her name? I’ll call member services when the open this am.

I just book online with their name and don’t with changing anything else.

It doesn’t even really matter as they will link to MDE anyway.

We recently closed on a resale contract at SSR, Dec UY. Our points were just loaded today and it looks like there are 28 “surprise” points that are there, banked from Dec 2018 into Dec 2019. This wasn’t disclosed to us as part of the sale, but if I understand correctly they will expire at the end of this month. If that’s the case - and rooms are available this weekend, I can book something, right? Am I missing anything? I am not local, so I would be booking a night for a friend who is local.....

-K
Can I ask how long it took from when you got the membership email from Disney to when the points showed as loaded? I got my email recently, and the only points showing so far are 2023 (which I guess is a placeholder? Anyone know?).

Can I ask how long it took from when you got the membership email from Disney to when the points showed as loaded? I got my email recently, and the only points showing so far are 2023 (which I guess is a placeholder? Anyone know?).

We went through this in the last 2 weeks. It took about 15 business days / 3 weeks before the points loaded for us.

I know its says 10 business days, but for us it was longer.

We went through this in the last 2 weeks. It took about 15 business days / 3 weeks before the points loaded for us.

I know its says 10 business days, but for us it was longer.
Yes, OK, so I'll stop checking every day! (It's been 4 business days anyway.)

Yes, OK, so I'll stop checking every day! (It's been 4 business days anyway.)
Sorry, I just saw this question. For us the points loaded very fast, it was less than 2 days. I wasn’t expecting that at all! It was great because we were able to use the “surprise” points for dec 2019 use year to gift a one night 1 br villa stay to a friend who lives in Orlando before they expired!

Sorry, I just saw this question. For us the points loaded very fast, it was less than 2 days. I wasn’t expecting that at all! It was great because we were able to use the “surprise” points for dec 2019 use year to gift a one night 1 br villa stay to a friend who lives in Orlando before they expired!
Great!
I was really hoping weirdly that somehow my ROFR, title, loading--the whole process for my Dec use year contract--would be done before Dec 1 because there were banked 2018 points that the seller knew they (and I) wouldn't be able to use. But I would have been able to use them, or at least give them away, had they loaded really really fast! They didn't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter